Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got the "backordered" email myself. It either refers to the Charging Plate or it's an attempt to get people to calm down on the social media sites. Notice stuff is starting to happen in last 6 hours or so? Huh.
-joe-

maks327

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! That Ship Dates # worked great. My order has apparently SHIPPED! Never got an email, and website still doesn't show it. This is probably the quickest way for people to find out if their order has actually been sent yet. Could take awhile to get through into all their systems ect.
I just called the 866-267-4510 number as well and they were able to give me a tracking number. Prior to that phone call it wasn't on any of the websites, but afterwards the http://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ showed the number. I guess phoning in triggers the website to update as well.

I'm premier, ordered on 11/7 at ~4AM central, and fedex tracking shows it being delivered by Friday.

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine just after midnight on the West Coast (2:22 am CST per my order confirmation) on 11/7. I checked the order status page folks were kind enough to post on here and my order still says "In Progress, Pending Shipment". I would have thought I place my order early enough to get a phone from their initial stock. Sigh...
It seems that everyone who's posted they got tracking info are Premier customers. I wonder if being Premier has anything to do with it. Did any non-Premier customers, like myself, get shipping info? By the way, I received my free charging plate yesterday. A lot of good it does me without the phone!

I'm not premiere, either. No new info at all.

I ordered on 11/7 at 6:00 am CST.

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I called the 866 number.

First time I was hung up on.

Second time she told me that the order was 'in progress' and that 'on her end she couldn't see anything else.'

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
so i called them and the CSR was very nice enough to waive my upgrade fee! :D but yaaa they said that they dont have enough inventory n demand seems to be very high for this phone (but again.. why only that they dont have it in yellow?) :(

ravi.tandon

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is what I received today for a pre-order placed on Nov 7. This sucks! :mad: I would rather go into the store. I don't know what planning went into this by ATT.

Dear RAVI TANDON,

Thank you for your recent purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We are pleased that you chose AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: XYZ

Thank you,

The AT&T Premier Team

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
"The CSR rep said they didn't expect such a large demand"

How big of a demand did they excpect? Ten, maybe thirteen phones? Because it seems like that is all they have been capable of shipping at this time.

My total cost was 85 bucks. 99 for the phone, 10 for tax, 25$ discount through Premier, shipping and activation fees waived.

I sure expect them to offer me some more credit than what others are getting or I'm turning it in after 30 days.

ATT is a joke.

krafty11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Right after I received that back ordered email I checked again and I now have tracking numbers for the phone and SIM: Friday delivery by 4:30. I'm on vacation next week so that just made my day :)

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I called the 866 number.

First time I was hung up on.

Second time she told me that the order was 'in progress' and that 'on her end she couldn't see anything else.'

I wasn't gung up on thankfully, but they gave me the same "In Progress" BS they're giving everyone else. Although she told me that mine was not on backorder and that the warehouse just hasn't shipped it yet.

Taken with a grain of salt, no wait, a salt block.

Ordered on 11/9 at 10:30AM

At this rate, I'm not expecting it before December. What a joke.

lifesizepotato

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
"The CSR rep said they didn't expect such a large demand"

How big of a demand did they excpect? Ten, maybe thirteen phones? Because it seems like that is all they have been capable of shipping at this time.

That's my $64,000 question. I'd love to know what actual numbers we're talking about here. This just isn't the same as an iPhone launch, where Apple sell hundreds of thousands or millions in a weekend. I'd be pretty astonished if there were more than a thousand yellows preordered, honestly.

Right after I received that back ordered email I checked again and I now have tracking numbers for the phone and SIM: Friday delivery by 4:30. I'm on vacation next week so that just made my day :)

Can you (and others) be sure to post when you preordered yours? I know it's not a perfect relationship because, like someone explained, it also depends on how fast the rep sent your order to the warehouse, but it would be nice to have a vague sense of AT&T's progress on these.

RecycleRex

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of another lengthy conversation with cs and I was told even though I ordered my phone on the release date and was told it was in stock it was not in fact in stock at that time, thankfully I had a helpful rep who said she was going to check my status for the next couple of hours for any changes and then check it in the morning for me at which time she will call with an update.
I made out known that I felt lied to when ordering and that I was disappointed with the company.
That being said I feel better that she is taking a proactive interest in my order.

madgalaxy

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I too got the vague backorder email. When I went in to check the status it says the phone has shipped and there is tracking information! The charger is on backorder though.

I ordered via premier on 11/7 @ 7:45am EST.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This thread is very comical. Everyone is excited to get their phone yet there seems to be 2 types of people. Those who are going crazy and those who are simply waiting.

Well it is true that the CSR really aren't in the loop. I never considered that AT&T lied or did anything wrong. I guess it's all in how you look at something. 3 people look at the same thing and see it 3 different ways. When I ordered my phone on the 7th this is what I was told.

Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store and your recent enrollment in paperless billing. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider. Now that you're enrolled in paperless billing, you'll receive one more paper bill. For future bills, you'll receive a bill-ready notification via email and you can view your bill online, anytime, at att.com.

Your Nokia Lumia 920 has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 11/14/12

It's now the 14th and I received a Fed-Ex tracking number. I would certainly consider the email from a week ago accurate.

This week more than ever I will be saying TGIF! :p

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of another lengthy conversation with cs and I was told even though I ordered my phone on the release date and was told it was in stock it was not in fact in stock at that time, thankfully I had a helpful rep who said she was going to check my status for the next couple of hours for any changes and then check it in the morning for me at which time she will call with an update.
I made out known that I felt lied to when ordering and that I was disappointed with the company.
That being said I feel better that she is taking a proactive interest in my order.
She's lying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99