Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

krafty11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you (and others) be sure to post when you preordered yours? I know it's not a perfect relationship because, like someone explained, it also depends on how fast the rep sent your order to the warehouse, but it would be nice to have a vague sense of AT&T's progress on these.

I ordered a couple minutes after 11:00 PM CDT on the 6th, received the confirmation email back at 11:24 PM. Also my account is premier and I did order the charging plate at the same time as the phone (I have not received an email that it's shipped even though FedEx has it)

HTH

P.S. My order has shown up as 11/7 the whole time

Grog337

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my tracking number for phone and SIM :D

(charging plate still shows "In Progress"). :mad:

Order confirmation email received on 11/7 at 12:58 AM EST. Apparently picked up in Memphis about an hour and a half ago.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So I spoke to a customer care with the sweetest young lady (Sounded like Bernadette from Big bang theory) Patched me over to e-commerce. And eventually got to management

I was told my order is in progress, I asked for an explanation of what this meant. She said at this point my phone has the sim card inside of it and it's packaged and awaiting shipment. She said today or early tomorrow I should receive tracking. When she saw my order she was like "Oh, this code is for the Yellow Lumia 920, I can certainly help you, I've dealt with this all day"

She also apologized on behalf of all of the CSRs I have dealt with and said she was embarrassed because her department has been in charge of this and they did horribly.

Maybe I was fed BS, but it made me feel better.

DanteintheDark

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This thread is very comical. Everyone is excited to get their phone yet there seems to be 2 types of people. Those who are going crazy and those who are simply waiting.

Well it is true that the CSR really aren't in the loop. I never considered that AT&T lied or did anything wrong. I guess it's all in how you look at something. 3 people look at the same thing and see it 3 different ways. When I ordered my phone on the 7th this is what I was told.

It's now the 14th and I received a Fed-Ex tracking number. I would certainly consider the email from a week ago accurate.

This week more than ever I will be saying TGIF! :p
Such BS.. i preordered right after they went up on premiere and the CS says that it's been backordered with no ETA. Yet, people who purchased it at the same time and later had their's ship. Phenomenal.
Should have just picked another color.. now, there's no options available.

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I spoke to a customer care with the sweetest young lady (Sounded like Bernadette from Big bang theory) Patched me over to e-commerce. And eventually got to management

I was told my order is in progress, I asked for an explanation of what this meant. She said at this point my phone has the sim card inside of it and it's packaged and awaiting shipment. She said today or early tomorrow I should receive tracking. When she saw my order she was like "Oh, this code is for the Yellow Lumia 920, I can certainly help you, I've dealt with this all day"

She also apologized on behalf of all of the CSRs I have dealt with and said she was embarrassed because her department has been in charge of this and they did horribly.

Maybe I was fed BS, but it made me feel better.
That's all well and good, and sounds totally reasonable for an "in progress" order.

Except I have been "in progress" for 3 days.

Can shipping not find the bay door to put the packages into the trucks?

Are they trying to ensure the packaging tape is completely dry?

I ordered speakers Sunday, they are sitting in my cubicle right now.

I sent my Xbox to Microsoft a week ago and it is being sent back, repaired, as we speak.

I ordered shirts yesterday afternoon and they are sitting on my porch.

I bought a Nokia 920 a week ago and it supposedly is lost in a warehouse, but 'ready' to ship?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I would agree...SOMEONE here would have received theirs from them unless they didn't have any.

People here are the crazies, that know all the info, all the details, all the dates. I ordered mine before it even showed as available from the main screen, and that was early in the morning on Wednesday. I know SOMEONE here put in an order within the 1st hour of them being available.

I am chatting with a guy now...I can't get them to give me numbers, but he said they sold out quickly (no time either...) and that they have zero inventory and do not have an expected date of when they will receive more.

Well Adam Lein from PocketNow has one. Idk how (he has had it for a while).

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
That's all well and good, and sounds totally reasonable for an "in progress" order.

Except I have been "in progress" for 3 days.

Can shipping not find the bay door to put the packages into the trucks?

Are they trying to ensure the packaging tape is completely dry?

I ordered speakers Sunday, they are sitting in my cubicle right now.

I sent my Xbox to Microsoft a week ago and it is being sent back, repaired, as we speak.

I ordered shirts yesterday afternoon and they are sitting on my porch.

I bought a Nokia 920 a week ago and it supposedly is lost in a warehouse, but 'ready' to ship?

She said their in progress is different.
I'm pending shipment, ready to ship, same spiel. And it is "in progress" of being sent to a courier, if this makes sense.

It's funny, one CSR said that "pending shipment" and "backorder" mean the same thing to them.

Edit: I worded this terribly, I hope it made sense, lol. She actually did a good job explaining it to me.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you go to

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

Does it list the phone as being on backorder? I still have mine listed as on order. All 3 items say pending shipment.

Interestingly enough, I got this number from one of the chat reps (who was completely useless otherwise).

866-499-8008

It seems to be yet ANOTHER different system for order status because this time, the automated line says that my order has been processed (past tense) and is awaiting shipment.

So my count right now is 4 different order status systems that show 4 different (albeit slightly) statuses for my order. Way to go AT&T, no wonder you can't get your act together.

It was, not anymore.

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. I goto the Order Status page. Says the Sim & Yellow 920 have shipped and I have tracking numbers for FedEx. I get an email from Premier stating that my items are on back order and will wait for everything to be in before shipment. I hope its just the charging pad.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

zetetikos

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Got backorder letter and tracking number

So - got the backorder letter and called to see if any other lumia's were in stock so I could cancel and get somthing else. Was told my yellow glossy had shipped 2 hours earlier with arrival date of Friday. So really it's just a two day delay from the original estimate. Not too bad. My order had gone in about 2:00AM 11/7. Glad I called the 1-866-267-4510 number instead of just trying to do things on the web.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been lurking on here for a couple of days now, having ordered my own yellow Lumia 920. I ordered mine on November 8th and have had the "pending shipment" message from day one.

I got in touch with a rep yesterday who had nothing useful to share. I suspect a bunch of factors are contributing to this mess and reps are only giving partial stories, probably in the dark themselves. The 920 has been selling out all over the world so supplies are strained. AT&T probably did underestimate demand, not just with yellow. So now they're frantically trying to get in more phones.

Then there's the bottleneck in that these phones are being repackaged by AT&T. Apple, on the other hand, uses their own packaging so they're able to ship their phones directly from the factories. I don't know if Nokia has that kind of network, but even if they did they couldn't do it because the phones have to go through AT&T first. Delay after delay just to stick our phones in crappy boxes.

The European packaging looks pretty nice, and they get earbuds too. But we do get the free charger, so I can't really complain about that.

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't even check the status of my order through the ATT wireless URL that everyone else is having so much success with.

As a new customer I do not have a log in account yet.

My phone number could not be used and they had to create a temporary one to push the order though, so I can't check by number.

I can't check by order because I only have the number from the email, not this mysterious second one that has all the answers..

BigReub

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered my Yellow lumia on the 6th at about 11pm PST. It had been processing until this afternoon and now it's on back order. I called a couple of stores and they are completely sold out of the 920. Damn, I'm pissed. How can I be one of the 1st orders, a customer for a decade and still not have my phone?!?!?!?!

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of another lengthy conversation with cs and I was told even though I ordered my phone on the release date and was told it was in stock it was not in fact in stock at that time, thankfully I had a helpful rep who said she was going to check my status for the next couple of hours for any changes and then check it in the morning for me at which time she will call with an update.
I made out known that I felt lied to when ordering and that I was disappointed with the company.
That being said I feel better that she is taking a proactive interest in my order.
In past two days , totally 3 ATT CSR told me that they will check on the status and call me back at a fixed time but have not heard back even from one of them , even all of them were speaking very nicely

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte