Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I want to voice my disgust with this forum. Yesterday I posted that my husband's yellow was shipped, got railed on because of it, even had the board moderators moderate my posts before they showed up on the forums, and what happens today? People's yellows are shipped. Really nice job guys. I'll probably get banned for this post now.

Jessica

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's an update from my end. I ordered on the morning of 11/7. I'm not Premier or anything like that. Today I got the following e-mail from AT&T:

"Thank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your business!

The items in your order are currently out of stock and will be shipped when inventory becomes
available. When the items in your order ship, we'll send you an email with the ship tracking number(s)."

BUMMER. I see that some people's orders updated with tracking numbers. I guess they didn't have enough to include me in the first batch. I, probably like other people, will be out of town during the week of Thanksgiving so unless mine ships tomorrow, it'll be a week or so before I can get my hands on it.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just hate that I can't even cancel my order at this point. While means that it is shipping. UNLESS YOU'RE AT&T. Then you keep an order locked for no reason. It doesn't make sense, lol. I've been trying to figure this out...

And LongLeggs, my posts also required moderator approval for some time yesterday. I don't think it was a personal attack, and I'm sorry you felt attacked.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the "backordered" email today after ordering the 7th and a couple hours later (abt 10 mins ago) got an email that it shipped will make for a happy friday!

kcovert

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Everyone that states that they got a tracking number, y'all need to include if you're Premier or not... Having said that, kcovert, are you premier?

Sorry Nabiscuit, was rushing to a dinner celebration for son who just got in master chemical engineering program at his school, yes premier.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ordered on 11/7
Non Premier Member
No Backorder Email
No Charging Pad
Nothing
Processing - Pending Shipment
Only email I've received so far is on the day of the order 11/7 saying that it is being processed

I hope I will have it by next Wednsday as I will be out of town for a while for the Holiday.

Nothing I can do to change it...just sit and wait.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just hate that I can't even cancel my order at this point. While means that it is shipping. UNLESS YOU'RE AT&T. Then you keep an order locked for no reason. It doesn't make sense, lol. I've been trying to figure this out...

And LongLeggs, my posts also required moderator approval for some time yesterday. I don't think it was a personal attack, and I'm sorry you felt attacked.

Too bad shipments don't require signature, otherwise you could refuse the package and have them return it. That's how Sprint tells you to cancel orders. LOL

krafty11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's an update from my end. I ordered on the morning of 11/7. I'm not Premier or anything like that. Today I got the following e-mail from AT&T:

"Thank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your business!

The items in your order are currently out of stock and will be shipped when inventory becomes
available. When the items in your order ship, we'll send you an email with the ship tracking number(s)."

BUMMER. I see that some people's orders updated with tracking numbers. I guess they didn't have enough to include me in the first batch. I, probably like other people, will be out of town during the week of Thanksgiving so unless mine ships tomorrow, it'll be a week or so before I can get my hands on it.

I think if you look closely it says "items in your order" not "The items in your order" meaning some items, many people have received this email just before some of the items items shipped.

Think of this as the toy everyone wants through the years but there is not enough of before Christmas: Cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle Me Elmos, Furbys, Wiis etc. After you get yours you can sell it on eBay for 2k or so :)

Edit: "some of the items items shipped" I used to work in the Department of Redundancy Department, bad habits!

Last edited:

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I called the Order Support number a few minutes ago, I told the woman my order had been Processing since Monday and when she looked it up she said "Oh! It's the yellow Lumia 920!".

She said the yellow is on backorder, but that my order status meant that this didn't apply to me (yet the website still has NO warnings that the yellow is on backorder). She was pretty certain that I should be getting a tracking number by tomorrow at the latest and told me to call back in so they could look my order up in a "special" system.

I told her I was disappointed and that this launch was a mess. I was not offered any compensation.

I am not premier, and I placed my order on 11/9 at 5 PM PST, so I'm probably at the end of a long list. Oh and after the order was placed on hold for verification, my order status page now says my order was placed on 11/13.

mihalis

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 11/7/12 @ 1:20pm EST non premier ordered via phone

Received shipping email @ 7:18pm

Wireless.att.com/order_status page shows phone and sim shipped

FedEx says shipped today will arrive by tomorrow at 3pm (Fort Myers, Florida)

Nothing about charge plate anywhere!

When ordered the girl said it was included and would show on receipt
I called and girl said don't worry if it doesn't show up it will ship. I didn't quite feel good about that.
Receipt came in no mention of charge plate.
Called next day and guy said promotion didn't exist and questioned if I knew what I was talking about. He said he couldn't see it anywhere in any of his systems but that he was 90% sure I'd get it. If not he said call back and they would credit or send a free one. I asked him to email that to me which he did

Yesterday did live chat and girl said their system blew up and they were picking up the pieces. Said promotion definitely existed on while supplies last basis and said my order was in not to worry and that many people aren't seeing charge plates as their system is broken.

She also told me expect my phone to ship in "a week or so"

Also if it's any consolation my friend ordered a Nexus 4 yesterday on launch and that is about a big a mess as this with the site crashing during orders and then processing new and crashed orders so some people were charged for 3-4 of them.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I called the Order Support number a few minutes ago, I told the woman my order had been Processing since Monday and when she looked it up she said "Oh! It's the yellow Lumia 920!".

She said the yellow is on backorder, but that my order status meant that this didn't apply to me (yet the website still has NO warnings that the yellow is on backorder). She was pretty certain that I should be getting a tracking number by tomorrow at the latest and told me to call back in so they could look my order up in a "special" system.

I told her I was disappointed and that this launch was a mess. I was not offered any compensation.

I am not premier, and I placed my order on 11/9 at 5 PM PST, so I'm probably at the end of a long list. Oh and after the order was placed on hold for verification, my order status page now says my order was placed on 11/13.

I feel like we spoke to the exact same woman that gave me really helpful information. hahaha

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yellow Lumia 920 shipped
Premier customer
ordered Wed 6th 9:45pm
shipped with tracking info

Another thing I noticed, my bank account hasn't been charged any pending amounts, it was charged on Thursday 7th but those pending amounts disappeared... has this happened to those who got their tracking info???

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just called. The rep was very kind and assured me that Nokia was making them as fast as they could and that my order would most likely ship on Monday (I ordered Friday).

He did immediately say, "you ordered the 920 in yellow, didn't you?"

The rep noted that, "thousands of orders shipping," and, "we were not expecting such a high demand. This is selling faster than the iPhone 5 did when it launched."

I'm glad to see sales going strong, but I'm really starting to get upset, considering I was suppose to get it today.

(ordered 11/9, premier)

Curious, when you check your status does it show back ordered or just processing?

kcovert

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hang in there peeps, all just days from having them. My son has his and we just tested the camera. We took a picture of some darken objects. The picture was so great, you could see everything and those things are hard to see with our own eyes.

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to one of the rep , first he told me that it's backordered, then he asked me to wait and checked in some other system and told that the status is in progress and will be shipped by tomorrow for sure, he also told me that they have few more yellow ones in stock

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yellow Lumia 920 shipped
Premier customer
ordered Wed 6th 9:45pm
shipped with tracking info

Another thing I noticed, my bank account hasn't been charged any pending amounts, it was charged on Thursday 7th but those pending amounts disappeared... has this happened to those who got their tracking info???
you said 6th? it was a tuesday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb