Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
For me, that took 2 days. I ordered on the 9th (actually, the 8th in Pacific Time zone where I live). My order says it was on the 11th. Why? Because it took two days (almost 3 since it was barely the 9th in EST) for them to process the order.

So, you keep saying that...but WHO was taking forever processing your order? Why did you put it through a person than and not just the typical computer function?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
USPS has horrible updates. OR!!! The truck hit a bump and your box, only yours (specifically), fell out of the truck into a ditch.

It says my shipping number doesn't exist. lol.

I'm hoping that's all it is, but I'm afraid the person I bought it from simply didn't ship it yesterday, despite me making the purchase (and payment) around lunchtime.

I guess I should be glad my tracking number at least exists lol.

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have connections with a Senior Account manager and sent a complaint to her. Hopefully I am now put back on the top of the list considering I ordered this phone fair and square at 3am the 7th

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've thought about it in the past, but with various grandfatherings and premier discounts, I only pay $55/mo, so it wasn't a big difference.

Doesn't the phone have to be unlocked to do that though?

Nope. You just have to make sure you use an MVNO that uses AT&T's network (like StraightTalk, Red Pocket, Net10). I've used a locked Lumia 900 on Red Pocket since April. I recently got it unlocked since the exclusivity with AT&T expired. That'll make it easier to sell when my 920 arrives.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My order says Pending Shipment now after waiting since 11/9 ...hopefully I get it this Sat? I can't wait for my Yellow 920 and yellow charger too!!!!

My wife got her Cyan since Monday and she won't let me play with it

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, you keep saying that...but WHO was taking forever processing your order? Why did you put it through a person than and not just the typical computer function?

I didn't put it through a person. I ordered online through the AT&T site.

I have no idea who did it. It's not like they wanted to tell me who the exact person that dropped the ball was... or that they'd even know.

But they did make it clear (I asked several times to 3 different people) that "first come first served" only applies to when the order gets to the warehouse.

I wasn't given any indication there were challenges. I incorrectly assumed that it was all automated. But apparently there may be a human being somewhere in the process.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had this damn tracking status for about 21 hours now: "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 14, 2012 to expect your package for mailing."

I wonder if the seller has tracking numbers automatically generated but never actually shipped the phone yesterday. The fact that you got an update on the USPS site this morning and I didn't suggests the seller didn't actually ship my phone yet. If they did I would have a shot at getting it tomorrow. Otherwise, it's Saturday at the earliest :dry.

Sounds like you'll have yours by tomorrow! :happy:

USPS tracking only gets updated every 24 hours. Worst tracking system ever, but if it was shipped on the 14th, just use the USPS postcalc.usps.com site to see how long it will take to get to you. Most likely 2 days.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm late to the party and ordered on 11/13. There seems to be very little hope I'll receive my yellow 920 by Thanksgiving if reports from this forum are accurate.

My order is processing and I haven't received a back-ordered email yet which has me hopeful but who knows what the weekend will bring.

Has anyone ordered in the past week who has a similar experience?

I ordered Friday after 7 Central, so my order wasn't really processed until the 12th, and then it was held for verification. My order now has a date of the 13th, and last time I talked to a CSR I was told I should get a tracking number by today. We'll see.

potahov

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My order placed 11/7 got cancelled because of "incorrect details on the order" - full BS as I just clicked on upgrade my phone on their website and didn't type anything - all came from my att.com account there.
So now the only thing I can is place the order again and get to the end of line, perfect!

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that's all it is, but I'm afraid the person I bought it from simply didn't ship it yesterday, despite me making the purchase (and payment) around lunchtime.

I guess I should be glad my tracking number at least exists lol.

Exactly, lol. I get this message "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office"

Oh well, it'll update soon.

And to the Guy using Fedex, don't worry, your product really did ship. Large companies do not usually have the luxury of printing a tracking number and waiting to send the product. The updates are just behind most likely.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, a guy with yellow 920 in hand is selling it for $525 on eBay, and another auction is up to $611 but that includes the charger and will be shipped when the phone is delivered to the person. haha.

$525 is not bad considering the full price with CA tax was $485

RecycleRex

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just off the phone with the shipping people at att and after lots of calling and checking around on their part they said my phone is set to ship out tomorrow and I will have a tracking number within 24 hours of then, do fingers crossed that it will arrive by Monday because we had upgraded to overnight shipping.
I ordered the 9th and am a premier customer.

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, for anyone that has done the chat thing on the att website, did the person ask for the last four of you SSN? I tried to chat a few days ago and when they asked that I just closed the chat because I thought it was odd. Shouldn't they just need the order number?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, for anyone that has done the chat thing on the att website, did the person ask for the last four of you SSN? I tried to chat a few days ago and when they asked that I just closed the chat because I thought it was odd. Shouldn't they just need the order number?

They will ask that.

They ask that on the phone also.

They are verifying identity.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
USPS tracking only gets updated every 24 hours. Worst tracking system ever, but if it was shipped on the 14th, just use the USPS postcalc.usps.com site to see how long it will take to get to you. Most likely 2 days.

Good advice, thank you. The only problem is I don't know if it was actually shipped yesterday. The seller could have generated the tracking number, but might not have dispatched the shipment until today. I really hope they shipped yesterday, because the calculator says I'd be getting it tomorrow!

It has now been 26 hours since there was an update.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Good advice, thank you. The only problem is I don't know if it was actually shipped yesterday. The seller could have generated the tracking number, but might not have dispatched the shipment until today. I really hope they shipped yesterday, because the calculator says I'd be getting it tomorrow!

It has now been 26 hours since there was an update.

Hmm yeah that's true. Generating the label with PayPal is easy. When I sell stuff on eBay I always make sure I drop the package off the same day I print the label. I know how frustrating it can be to get a shipment notification and not know if it was dropped off or not.

I've seen the USPS site not update until the package is delivered too, so, hopefully it will be there tomorrow! At least you know there's a yellow lumia with your name on it right NOW, unlike some of us :p

I saw an eBay auction for a yellow one from a guy that is a few cities away. I'm very tempted to buy it and drive up to get it...

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
WhooooHoooo!

They do exist!!!!

wp000783.jpg

wp000784.jpg

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I love how this is working. Yesterday I was ranting about the crappy AT&T service and just all out ripping them a new one. One of the AT&T Teams started following me. They DM'd me for contact info so they could do anything in their power for me. I knew from the get go they weren't going to really be able to do anything, but played along anyway.

Basically what the manager said was that, in the past AT&T had ordered hundreds of yellow phones and they would hardly sell any of them. So with the Lumias, they only purchased a small number of them. She told me that the next shipment of Yellow Lumias wasn't coming in until December 2 and that they would be shipping them out on December 3. So she basically said I would not get my phone until December 5 or later. She did attempt to look up all the AT&T stores in my area for an "alternative". I told her I only wanted the Yellow, and she said that all stores in my area were sold out of ALL flavors of the 920. So I asked her to remove the $36 activation fee and she did.

I've read this thread from the first day I found it and have kept up everyday. And now I'm seeing people from all sorts of dates getting tracking numbers. 11/7, 11/8, 11/9 have tracking numbers for some, yet others that had ordered on those same days haven't heard anything. I ordered mine at 10:30AM(PST) on 11/9. My credit card was just refunded today. My order still show "Processing/Pending Shipment".

So, with all that information and what I've read throughout this thread, it seems no one at AT&T Wireless has a clue about what's going on. I've seen the posts here about CSR's telling some of you that if it's in "Pending Shipment" status that the sim has been put into the phone and that its just waiting to be shipped. But after the phone call last night, and the fact mine has been in that status since I ordered it, I know that's not the case. I'm starting to think these CSR's are fed up with this and the iPhone 5 fiasco and are just telling people what they want to hear to get them off the phone.

So I don't expect to get mine before December. If it comes before then, great, I'll be a happy camper. But this whole thing has been a disaster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99