Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm yeah that's true. Generating the label with PayPal is easy. When I sell stuff on eBay I always make sure I drop the package off the same day I print the label. I know how frustrating it can be to get a shipment notification and not know if it was dropped off or not.

I've seen the USPS site not update until the package is delivered too, so, hopefully it will be there tomorrow! At least you know there's a yellow lumia with your name on it right NOW, unlike some of us :p

I saw an eBay auction for a yellow one from a guy that is a few cities away. I'm very tempted to buy it and drive up to get it...

Good to know, I won't keep my hopes too high up of getting it tomorrow, but thanks to you I know it's at least possible still :happy:. I emailed the seller politely asking if it was shipped yesterday or if it will be shipped today. I told them that the USPS tracking site is unreliable and I'd just like to plan for when to be home. That was at 10 a.m. Eastern... no response yet.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I love how this is working. Yesterday I was ranting about the crappy AT&T service and just all out ripping them a new one. One of the AT&T Teams started following me. They DM'd me for contact info so they could do anything in their power for me. I knew from the get go they weren't going to really be able to do anything, but played along anyway.

Basically what the manager said was that, in the past AT&T had ordered hundreds of yellow phones and they would hardly sell any of them. So with the Lumias, they only purchased a small number of them. She told me that the next shipment of Yellow Lumias wasn't coming in until December 2 and that they would be shipping them out on December 3. So she basically said I would not get my phone until December 5 or later. She did attempt to look up all the AT&T stores in my area for an "alternative". I told her I only wanted the Yellow, and she said that all stores in my area were sold out of ALL flavors of the 920. So I asked her to remove the $36 activation fee and she did.

I've read this thread from the first day I found it and have kept up everyday. And now I'm seeing people from all sorts of dates getting tracking numbers. 11/7, 11/8, 11/9 have tracking numbers for some, yet others that had ordered on those same days haven't heard anything. I ordered mine at 10:30AM(PST) on 11/9. My credit card was just refunded today. My order still show "Processing/Pending Shipment".

So, with all that information and what I've read throughout this thread, it seems no one at AT&T Wireless has a clue about what's going on. I've seen the posts here about CSR's telling some of you that if it's in "Pending Shipment" status that the sim has been put into the phone and that its just waiting to be shipped. But after the phone call last night, and the fact mine has been in that status since I ordered it, I know that's not the case. I'm starting to think these CSR's are fed up with this and the iPhone 5 fiasco and are just telling people what they want to hear to get them off the phone.

So I don't expect to get mine before December. If it comes before then, great, I'll be a happy camper. But this whole thing has been a disaster.

Sigh, that's not good to hear. I'm in pretty much the exact same boat - waited until the morning of the 9th to order to see if any stores would have yellow in stock. Looks like that bit me in the rear. Difference with me is that no matter who I ask, they've all refused to refund my upgrade fee despite all the problems.

Up yours AT&T.

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just chatted with Mary and she told me that the phones are out of stock and they orders will be filled when the stock is replenished. She did say that the get some new stock every week and earlier this week they got some in. I guess that's why some people are starting to get progress on their orders. Too bad for me I ordered on the 10th so I probably won't get mine for at least a week or two.

I may try stopping in at my local store where I ordered the phone from and seeing if they have any in stock. Although I do love the yellow, I may be willing to get a different color if I'm able to walk away with the phone.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I may try stopping in at my local store where I ordered the phone from and seeing if they have any in stock. Although I do love the yellow, I may be willing to get a different color if I'm able to walk away with the phone.

You can check inventory levels online, just go into the site like you were going to be buying a phone. I am seeing different levels for every color, obviously blue and yellow are showing OOS everywhere. The closest Red is about 40 miles (maybe 30-40 stores closer, all sold out)

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
forget about OOS online...

I picked up my red 920 from a store where the AT&T website told me it was out of stock. The info on the website is by no means up to date or accurate. Call the stores near you.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my red 920 from a store where the AT&T website told me it was out of stock. The info on the website is by no means up to date or accurate. Call the stores near you.

I agree. The evening before launch some of the local AT&T stores began to show stock. By noon the next day they were all showing out of stock. I called the closest store on a whim and they had a few black, a few red and a few white available, so I was able to pick one up on launch day. I feel a bit lucky, and I'm glad I held off ordering online. My six+ year old flip phone was broken and I really needed a phone. I also wanted to check the phone out before blindly purchasing.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Having ordered from Ebay, I'm really worried about what my options would be if my L920 turns out to be a lemon like plenty of others who've ended up with bricked phones. It's much easier to return/exchange if you got it straight from AT&T or the Microsoft Store.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Despite getting my tracking info I'm still tagging along with you guys!

Ignore that back order hooplah, we all heard it, but the orders are starting to come out. Hopefully every gets some tracking information by Friday night. Even if you can't get your device when it arrives, like me, at least you know what's going on with it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I love how this is working. Yesterday I was ranting about the crappy AT&T service and just all out ripping them a new one. One of the AT&T Teams started following me. They DM'd me for contact info so they could do anything in their power for me. I knew from the get go they weren't going to really be able to do anything, but played along anyway.

Basically what the manager said was that, in the past AT&T had ordered hundreds of yellow phones and they would hardly sell any of them. So with the Lumias, they only purchased a small number of them. She told me that the next shipment of Yellow Lumias wasn't coming in until December 2 and that they would be shipping them out on December 3. So she basically said I would not get my phone until December 5 or later. She did attempt to look up all the AT&T stores in my area for an "alternative". I told her I only wanted the Yellow, and she said that all stores in my area were sold out of ALL flavors of the 920. So I asked her to remove the $36 activation fee and she did.

I've read this thread from the first day I found it and have kept up everyday. And now I'm seeing people from all sorts of dates getting tracking numbers. 11/7, 11/8, 11/9 have tracking numbers for some, yet others that had ordered on those same days haven't heard anything. I ordered mine at 10:30AM(PST) on 11/9. My credit card was just refunded today. My order still show "Processing/Pending Shipment".

So, with all that information and what I've read throughout this thread, it seems no one at AT&T Wireless has a clue about what's going on. I've seen the posts here about CSR's telling some of you that if it's in "Pending Shipment" status that the sim has been put into the phone and that its just waiting to be shipped. But after the phone call last night, and the fact mine has been in that status since I ordered it, I know that's not the case. I'm starting to think these CSR's are fed up with this and the iPhone 5 fiasco and are just telling people what they want to hear to get them off the phone.

So I don't expect to get mine before December. If it comes before then, great, I'll be a happy camper. But this whole thing has been a disaster.

Yeah. I think there's a good chance I won't get mine until December too.

That's not to say that I won't call AT&T again to complain... even though I've complained a few times already.

I may just need to vent. hahaha

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
You can check inventory levels online, just go into the site like you were going to be buying a phone. I am seeing different levels for every color, obviously blue and yellow are showing OOS everywhere. The closest Red is about 40 miles (maybe 30-40 stores closer, all sold out)

Thanks for the tip. I actually have done that and there are apparently a few white ones at a store about 30 minutes away from me. But with how the order status pages are, I don't really trust the AT&T website to give me up to date & accurate info. right now.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? Well in this case it's continuing to call / chat with AT&T and expecting to get an answer other than "orders are shipped on a first come first served basis" or "you will receive an email when your order ships."

I must be certifiably insane.

On a somewhat related topic though, based on some other posts, I decided to call around to some of the local stores. First off, it was a breath of fresh air to speak to someone that speaks English. Not that I've got anything against the Indian call center workers AT&T uses, but it's their dumb policies that gives them no information or power and creates this illusion that they're incompetent. Anyway, no stores had the yellow 920, but there were 2-3 that had a yellow 8x. Interesting.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I sure wish Sprint had offered a Windows Phone. I didn't want to switch to AT&T because of their reputation for garbage customer service. Almost can't believe I am experiencing it myself before my plan is even active.

AT&T sucks with pre-orders. But personally, besides pre-orders I get pretty good Customer service from AT&T. They just weren't trained to handle this... It sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo