Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

RecycleRex

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 9th around 7pm est but out says online it wasn't processed until the 10th, still no word. I was told it was going to ship by this past Friday by two separate csr which turned out to be a straight out lie. A manager is suppose to call and check with me today but I'm not expecting anything to come from it. They've already given me a hundred dollar credit so there's nothing else they can do to satisfy me except send the phone.
I go on vacation tomorrow so the earliest I will see my phone is next week...a good three weeks afteret I ordered it...how sad is that.

Edited because my stupid Swype on my Android phone IS messed up..I need a new phone

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got my yellow in, it really is the best color. One of these statements is a lie. :p

View attachment 23045

Just in case my dumb joke was missed, those of you that are going to buy a case anyway just get a black one locally and slap on a yellow TPU case as above. You can actually "change the color" later too if you get tired of yellow. Just an alternative in case you're frustrated. :D

GuppyMFJ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been monitoring the forums here for similar issues and decided to create an account just to throw my name in with everyone else.

I ordered mine in person at the AT&T store.
Confirmation email was sent to me Fri 11/09/12 10:56 AM EST.
The order is still sitting at "Pending Shipment" with no other tracking information or details.

Yellow L920; what's most frustrating is there is an option for "back ordered" on the site legend. If it said that, I would be a little more understanding thinking, "oh, the site says back ordered". I've called ATT twice and they just look up the same thing I did and tell me "looks like it's pending". I was hoping they would give me more info, even something like "yea, we're getting a lot of calls about it. It looks like it is back ordered". The little things.

lilnursenat

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the 9th @ 12 pm EST. AT&T has it listed as ordered @ 12:30. Processing/ pending shipment since day one. Called Friday and got my activation fee waived. Was told they were back ordered because Nokia didn't expect them to do this well and didn't ship AT&T very many. Was also fed a line that when my phone came in, I was to call them to activate it and they would offer me an unspecified "special offer" but couldn't tell me any more than that. I'm kinda glad because when I call them out on not living up to yet another promise, they will have to give me some sort of compensation, hopefully.

lnxgk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am a premier customer (not that it makes any difference). I ordered mine on the 9th around 9:45PM CST but it didn't get processed until Monday , 12th and showed "Pending Shipment" on the 13th. Still shows "Pending Shipment". I got online with AT&T last week and they waived my activation fee. @ATTCustomerCare told me they're back-ordered and shipping as they get replenished.

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 9th around 7pm est but out says online it wasn't processed until the 10th, still no word. I was told it was going to ship by this past Friday by two separate csr which turned out to be a straight out lie. A manager is suppose to call and check with me today but I'm not expecting anything to come from it. They've already given me a hundred dollar credit so there's nothing else they can do to satisfy me except send the phone.
I go on vacation tomorrow so the earliest I will see my phone is next week...a good three weeks afteret I ordered it...how sad is that.

Edited because my stupid Swype on my Android phone IS messed up..I need a new phone
I know how you feel. I ordered it in the store with the promise from my normal sales rep and another rep that it would ship within 3-5 days. I know I just ordered mine on the 16th, but I specifically had them ship it to my parents house in California, instead of my house out here in Pennsylvania because they said it would arrive in the time I was there. To be honest, I'm hoping that a lot of people on this thread gets theirs this week. Especially those who pre-ordered early.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just in case my dumb joke was missed, those of you that are going to buy a case anyway just get a black one locally and slap on a yellow TPU case as above. You can actually "change the color" later too if you get tired of yellow. Just an alternative in case you're frustrated. :D

LOL That looks pretty good! Looks like local stores got Black and White shipments over the weekend, because now a lot of them have stock when last week they were out of even those colors. This makes it tempting. Where did you get the case?

RecycleRex

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The reason I didn't pre-order was because I called the stores near me (and when I say near me I mean 50minutes away because those are those are the only ones) and they said they had no idea what stock they were going to have but they were sure they would have stock because it was suppose to be a big phone launch and that I should call the afternoon of the release. So I called the ninth and none of them had gotten stock yet but they assured me that they would get deliveries that day. So after dragging the my very young kids around for hours I found that none of the stores even got stock of the phone and it wasn't until I got to the last store that I found they had only gotten a few black ones in stock and there I was told to just order it online because that would be the best way to get the phone fast. So I ordered that night after wasting time and gas.
So this begs the question, why if it is such an anticipated release were no stores in the area (and it's a big city) getting any stock whatsoever?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm convinced now that AT&T gets shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. No one today seems to have gotten a tracking number, but I bet we're going to start seeing a wave of shipment tomorrow. We'll see what happens on Thanksgiving; I bet that wave of shipments gets pushed to Friday.

I can't help but wonder who the **** at AT&T didn't anticipate the popularity of this phone considering the most heavily marketed colors were yellow and cyan.

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm convinced now that AT&T gets shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. No one today seems to have gotten a tracking number, but I bet we're going to start seeing a wave of shipment tomorrow. We'll see what happens on Thanksgiving; I bet that wave of shipments gets pushed to Friday.

I can't help but wonder who the **** at AT&T didn't anticipate the popularity of this phone considering the most heavily marketed colors were yellow and cyan.

Cyans shipped both Friday and today.

GuppyMFJ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This was the same with me. They said "we can preorder it today but honestly it's easier and better if you just come in tomorrow when they release. We'll have plenty of stock"

OriginalBigDAWG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why they are having system issues with "cancelling" orders. As I mentioned earlier in this thread - that exact circumstance happened to me. I pre-ordered on the 7th and then on the 14th the order was cancelled. I can only guess that my order was in queue to ship when the system flagged something to cancel the order. They said it was a "number mis-match" but had never seen the issue before. Of course the only option was to re-order the phone for me. I just can't believe that it's taking this long to ship the phone. I have to believe that it's industry constraints on product parts. There's no way that Nokia wants to be lagging this far behind in shipments.

Totally sucks! I too am wearing out the "F5" refresh key on my keyboard checking my order status.

crackdezberries

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The reason I didn't pre-order was because I called the stores near me (and when I say near me I mean 50minutes away because those are those are the only ones) and they said they had no idea what stock they were going to have but they were sure they would have stock because it was suppose to be a big phone launch and that I should call the afternoon of the release. So I called the ninth and none of them had gotten stock yet but they assured me that they would get deliveries that day. So after dragging the my very young kids around for hours I found that none of the stores even got stock of the phone and it wasn't until I got to the last store that I found they had only gotten a few black ones in stock and there I was told to just order it online because that would be the best way to get the phone fast. So I ordered that night after wasting time and gas.
So this begs the question, why if it is such an anticipated release were no stores in the area (and it's a big city) getting any stock whatsoever?

im surprised you being in new york and ordering in the same time frame as i, didnt get a shipping confirmation between fri-sat. im in nj literally 5 minutes from nyc lol

Korfuntu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My yellow Lumia 920 arrived on Friday. It took a while to activate it, but since then it has been a great experience.

My battery life looks good so far. I have downloaded quite a few Nokia apps, plus some of the essentials from my Android life (Open Table, Skype, Skydrive, Box, etc.). No games so far.

I'm wondering if some of the reboot and battery life issues are from third-party apps that are misbehaving.

I'm pleased so far and looking forward my "new" life with Windows 8!

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Well all outlets selling the Yellow phones clearly say OUT of STOCK for now. Boy aren't they fast!

lilnursenat

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Just got my tracking number, but USPS doesn't show anything on their site. I'm assuming AT&T printed the label and it will go out tommorrow. Ordered the 9th @ 1230 pm in store. Must have gotten a shipment in over the weekend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo