Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
@gbbg, @RecycleRex,

When you say "neon", are you saying that it has a green tint to it - kind of a lime colored-yellow? The reason I ask is that my AT&T store had a "dummy" 920 in yellow, and that one was definitely on the lime green side. However, on all of the photos and videos I've seen on the web, the phone comes up as pure (albeit bright) yellow. Even in gbbg's photo, the top and bottom appear pure yellow. There is a green cast around the middle, but since it's on the background as well, I suspect it is the lighting. I wonder if the AT&T model is a different yellow than the global version? I really want to make certain that it is indeed NOT a greenish-yellow. If it really is, I may just cancel my order and get white or cyan. Placed my order in-store on 11/14, still pending. Your comments would be appreciated.

I just came back from my local AT&T corp. store here in Union, NJ. I went there to buy the Zagg full body invisi-shield dry. While I was at the counter I saw one of the AT&T sales people unboxing a yellow L920 for herself. At first I didn't think it was the yellow model. It definitely was neon looking and had IMHO too much of a greenish tint to it. I asked the sales girl if that was the yellow and she confirmed. She liked it very much and was really looking forward to it. Personally, I didn't like the green tint. You might like it though. I would imagine it would be fairly easy to exchange it for the more common white or black. If you really don't like it, you might be better off exchanging it before you activate it to avoid a possible restocking fee.

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
yea, i ordered it off contract. im assuming you did, too. could you elaborate more on what you heard about the data error? did it seem like anyone who ordered it off contract got shafted?
The CSR Person I talked to tried to figure out what the problem was and why my order got cancelled. I complained on Twitter and got a response after mentioning @attcustomercare. Mike, the csr guy, looked into my order and could not figure out what was wrong. He IMed a distribution manager I believe and they both could not figure out the problem. They later came back and told me some data was out of sync. I don't remember the exact words. Actually someone on this thread mentioned the same thing. Anyways, supposedly the distribution manager "revived" my original order and bumped my order back to the front or near the front of the line. However, I still havent gotten a shipment date. I imagine they just created a new order on the 20th. I'm going out of town on the 5th and would really love my phone on vacation :/.

RonnieJP

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just came back from my local AT&T corp. store here in Union, NJ. I went there to buy the Zagg full body invisi-shield dry. While I was at the counter I saw one of the AT&T sales people unboxing a yellow L920 for herself. At first I didn't think it was the yellow model. It definitely was neon looking and had IMHO too much of a greenish tint to it. I asked the sales girl if that was the yellow and she confirmed. She liked it very much and was really looking forward to it. Personally, I didn't like the green tint. You might like it though. I would imagine it would be fairly easy to exchange it for the more common white or black. If you really don't like it, you might be better off exchanging it before you activate it to avoid a possible restocking fee.

Hmmm, that is very disturbing. I wonder why all the photos and videos I see do not have the greenish tint. Perhaps it is an AT&T proprietary color or variations in production lots?

Can anyone else, who was lucky enough to actually receive their 920's, share their perceptions (or perhaps even photos) of this "allegedly" bright yellow color phone?

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That pic could be slightly distorted but I can tell you, my own personal observation is, this might not be the yellow I saw on the ads. I second Beltelmel, check it (if you bought it in store) before you take possession.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think Nokia may have changed the yellow of the 920 before they went on sale. My first thought when I saw it person last week was that it didn't look the same... I think it's much better now.

Kanshin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
yea, i ordered it off contract. im assuming you did, too. could you elaborate more on what you heard about the data error? did it seem like anyone who ordered it off contract got shafted?

Info
10/21 Pre-Ordered the Yellow with Best Buy $599.
11/4 5 min after Midnight Pre-Ordered on ATT Premier web site, since Best Buy had not yet shipped (Purchased at full no contract price) $449 was charged $516 total on my bank account.
11/5 5pm was mysteriously cancelled for no reason, and a 72 hour hold put on my account while they review the order!
11/8 Reordered with ATT Rep
11/15 ATT mysteriously cancelled my order and resubmitted with a Micro-sim changing my order date and backorder priority!
11/28 Still waiting

I also ordered off contract and had my order mysteriously canceled by ATT, and resubmitted by ATT, on the 15th, without consulting me.
Anyone else have their order canceled by ATT and have them resubmit same day (losing priority), that ordered off contract?
I know when I was calling ATT stores for a friend to get the black, they specifically ask if it is for the 2yr contract as they do not make any money from the non-contract phones.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Info
10/21 Pre-Ordered the Yellow with Best Buy $599.
11/4 5 min after Midnight Pre-Ordered on ATT Premier web site, since Best Buy had not yet shipped (Purchased at full no contract price) $449 was charged $516 total on my bank account.
11/5 5pm was mysteriously cancelled for no reason, and a 72 hour hold put on my account while they review the order!
11/8 Reordered with ATT Rep
11/15 ATT mysteriously cancelled my order and resubmitted with a Micro-sim changing my order date and backorder priority!
11/28 Still waiting

I also ordered off contract and had my order mysteriously canceled by ATT, and resubmitted by ATT, on the 15th, without consulting me.
Anyone else have their order canceled by ATT and have them resubmit same day (losing priority), that ordered off contract?
I know when I was calling ATT stores for a friend to get the black, they specifically ask if it is for the 2yr contract as they do not make any money from the non-contract phones.

haha.
so pretty much its something like this...
"hi i wanna buy a nokia lumia 920!"
"that's great! may i ask though if you're buying off or on contract?"
"off..."
"sorry... i can't sell you this phone"

dat feel...

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I ordered off contract on the 9th at 7 PM PST. It was a new line so they had to verify my order and did that until the 13th, so that's my order date. No cancellations, but it is still pending shipment.

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It's been about a week since I last checked this thread but I thought I would share my adventure.

I placed my order for a Yellow Lumia 920 in an AT&T store on 11/10/12. Like I do anytime I order something, I was constantly checking my order status every day. After a few days of nothing changing I found this thread and was relieved that I wasn't the only one. After a few more days I stopped in at the store to see if they could give me any update. They said that there was nothing new and the order was still processing. I waited a few more days and my order status still hadn't changed from "processing" so I stopped in the store again (actually this was probably my third or fourth time). They told me that the yellow was out of stock and they didn't know when they would be able to ship mine. I was told that their orders were at -890 which meant they still had that many orders to fill and that I could possibly get my phone next week or I may not get it for 2 months.

At that I asked if they had any black ones in stock and they did. I told them that I would just like to cancel the order for the yellow one and I would just buy the black one (this was on 11/21/12). The store manager called the customer service center to confirm that they canceled the order. All was done, or so I thought, and I walked out loving my new 920 despite it being a different color than what I wanted. Monday, 11/26/12 rolls around and I hear a knock on my front door. I go check and I see a package sitting on my front porch and think to myself "oh cool this is probably the wireless charger." I open up the package and what do I find? My yellow 920! I was so excited! I checked my bank account to see if they had charged me again and they hadn't so I was going to take both phones into the store, let them know what happened and tell them I would like to return the black one and keep the yellow one. When I got to the store and told them this, they said that because I wasn't charged and some other mumbo jumbo about stock I couldn't do that and I would have to send the yellow one back otherwise in order to keep it I would be charged the full, off contract price. I left the store very disheartened, having held the yellow in my hand only to have to send it back :-(.

Well, just for kicks, I checked my bank account again this morning 11/28/12 and behold! I had been charged for the yellow one that was shipped. This gave me hope. I called the store that I had been dealing with and told them what happened. They said that if I could bring them proof that I had been charged twice then they would let me swap the black phone for the yellow one and I wouldn't be charged the restocking fee since all of this was AT&T's mistake! So after work, if all goes well, I should be finally owning and using my yellow 920!!! :)

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am also one of the many who ordered a no-committment phone, got my order canceled on 11/15 with no notice, had to re-place it, and as of right now, 9:25PM pacific time on 11/28, I'm still in "processing" mode.

LastManWaiting

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 9th, at 10AM PST, through Premiere, as an upgrade- so new 2 yr contract. Also still processing. Tomorrow will be 14 business days of the phone not shipping.

Panu16

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ordered cyan and yellow on 11/23/2012 (two separate orders). Yellow one is on no-commitment price. Today the order status on yellow changed to "Back-Ordered." The cyan one is still "Processing."

P.S., I bought a red one on release day from a Microsoft store but decided to return it as I couldn't live with the colour (I am a Tottenham fan).

Abdul Aziz Abdurrab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been following this thread for the past 10 days or so. I thought I'd share my order status with you folks. I ordered a yellow Lumia 920 in an ATT store on the 14th (after having returned a red one that I'd bought in the same store on the 9th). Today, finally, the status of my order changed - ship date got updated to 11/29/2012, carrier USPS and a tracking number was provided. I called ATT to check if they could switch carriers to FedEx but it seems it was too late. The order, the CSR said, was already with USPS. USPS website couldn't locate the tracking number (prolly too soon). I was, as you can imagine, quite excited and checked the status of the wireless charging plate (that I had ordered when I bought the red Lumia 920 on the 9th) and, yay!, it's status had also changed to "shipped" via UPS on the 27th. According to the status on UPS website, it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (on the 30th).
Hope everybody else gets an update on their status soon!

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just did my daily check. As of today, my new status is "back ordered" - yesterday it said "processing." SUCKS. If it were backordered from day one, I'd be fine with that, but I'm one of the many who got our order canceled because we were paying the no-committment price.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Passing on some info I got today. I ordered a yellow 920 on November 16. I was not told it was on backorder. I won't get into all the details, but like most of you it has been listed as "pending" since around November 20. A few phone calls later over the next week, and the case got "escalated." I was told someone would call me back in 72 hours. Nobody called, so I finally called myself. After getting transferred to the next level of "support" I got some information. She said there are currently around 850 yellow Lumia 920's on backorder. She said mine was 117 on the list. She also said she had no idea how long it would be, but her guess was 7-14 days. Having already purchased a white 920 from the AT&T store, I cancelled my order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6