Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Kanshin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also one of the many who ordered a no-committment phone, got my order canceled on 11/15 with no notice, had to re-place it, and as of right now, 9:25PM pacific time on 11/28, I'm still in "processing" mode.

Info
10/21 Pre-Ordered the Yellow with Best Buy $599.
11/4 5 min after Midnight Pre-Ordered on ATT Premier web site, since Best Buy had not yet shipped (Purchased at full no contract price) $449 was charged $516 total on my bank account.
11/5 5pm was mysteriously cancelled for no reason, and a 72 hour hold put on my account while they review the order!
11/8 Reordered with ATT Rep
11/15 ATT mysteriously cancelled my order and resubmitted with a Micro-sim changing my order date and backorder priority!
11/29 Still waiting

Ya sounds like the 15th is a magic number. Same day my order was cancelled and resubmitted by ATT. I am not sure that is the most ethical process.

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
A CSR supervisor told me last week a company email went out around the 16th saying no yellows were expected until Dec. 2. Might ship on the 3rd if they come in then.

Fluxcored

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
...I ordered a yellow Lumia 920 in an ATT store on the 14th (after having returned a red one that I'd bought in the same store on the 9th). Today, finally, the status of my order changed - ship date got updated to 11/29/2012...

15-16 days wait is consistent with what I have seen reported all along for on-contract orders. At least that number isn't growing.

LastManWaiting

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought December sounded like a terrible wait. Now I see it's just next week. Premiere ships Fedex Overnight so I guess I'll get my phone next Tuesday? I'm still waiting for AT&T to call me back after escalating my call with the CSR. What a joke of a company. Consumer reports ranked them as the worst wireless provider, again.. Geez, wonder why?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought December sounded like a terrible wait. Now I see it's just next week. Premiere ships Fedex Overnight so I guess I'll get my phone next Tuesday? I'm still waiting for AT&T to call me back after escalating my call with the CSR. What a joke of a company. Consumer reports ranked them as the worst wireless provider, again.. Geez, wonder why?

It's not AT&T's fault that Nokia wasn't prepared for the demand. As frustrating as it is, we should all be really pleased. The fact that there is such enormous demand for a Windows phone is great news for all of us pulling for the platform.

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Supply might not be ATT fault but the way it was handled is. They took too long to change the status of the 920 to backordered in all the colors. The microsoft store wasn't any better to be fair.

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for my no commitment Yellow 920 order. Supposedly was bumped back near the front of the line after having my order cancelled due to a "database" error not being in sync. Got a tracking number today for my charging plate. No charge on my card yet. I leave on vacation on the 5th. I'm hoping that I get it shipped Monday. I'm doubting it.

OriginalBigDAWG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Beyond frustrated. This is a major screw up by all parties. Don't kid yourself that it's high demand. Go to the grocery store and try to find someone else carrying a Windows 8 phone. I read someone post today they are 800 in the hole for yellow phones (all up). That is a tiny number. I'm a huge ****** but this is a terrible experience for all of us. Inexcusable. Sick of waiting ... and Yes - I know I can get a white phone. #fail

Dreacava206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am still playing the waiting game I ordered on the 11th and it processed on the 13th.
Every time I call AT&T it's always the same story of I don't know. I called again on Tuesday and told them that I am tired of not getting an answer I just want to know how long I have to wait. The rep hearing how frustrated I was then said let me check one more thing here and he said oh look it looks like we just got another replenishment and that there is 650 yellow 920s on backorder and they received 700 phones so I should receive mine this week. Well here we are Thursday and still "processing" I really do not believe anything they say anymore. I am just not going to bother with them anymore and just wait patiently and I really hope the wait is worth it.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
so i check my order status info again today... and lo and behold!

order got cancelled again! haha im so over it. im not even gonna bother reprocessing this order. i just dont feel like dealing with all this bs anymore. at this point i think i will honestly just wait til nokia/att has their ****e together and the yellow phones are actually in stock. maybe then ill put in another order.

my dell venue pro is teetering on the edge of its life. the slider is so loose, it randomly resets, its battery doesnt hold its charge well, the speakers cut out randomly. but i think i can extend its use for a few more weeks.

have fun with you yellow phones guys. i love the color, just not what i had to go through to try and attain one of these phones.

edit: either that, or i might end up with a white one. it just keeps looking better everytime i look at it. plus that high contrast theme... yum.

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Something weird happened with my order. When I log in, I get some red text at the top of the screen:
E0062: We are unable to retrieve all of your order information at this time. If you have placed your order in the past 24 hours, please try again later. Note: Cancelled orders may not display. If you have cancelled an order in the past 24 hours, and have questions about your order, please contact us at 1-800-288-2020.
So... that's weird. And then when I look down at my orders, my phone has gone from "backordered" back to "processing." However, I have a tracking number for my charging plate. Hurray. Tomorrow I'll be able to charge nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon