Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get a tracking # friday like me only to find it didn't actually ship until today?. Was looking forward to playing with it tonight!! Well at least it actually shipped!

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get a tracking # friday like me only to find it didn't actually ship until today?. Was looking forward to playing with it tonight!! Well at least it actually shipped!

Mine was processed on the 30th, should be delivered today:

Depart USPS Sort FacilityDecember 03, 2012
SAN DIEGO, CA 92199
Expected Delivery By:
December 3, 2012
Delivery Confirmation[SUP]?[/SUP]

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
December 03, 2012, 12:51 am
SAN DIEGO, CA 92199

December 01, 2012, 3:58 pm

Electronic Shipping Info Received
December 01, 2012

Depart USPS Sort Facility
December 01, 2012

November 30, 2012, 11:55 pm

Acceptance
November 30, 2012, 7:43 pm
MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's weird.

For most of the time I've owned this, I thought that it had a hint of green in it. Very very small hint.

But in real white sunlight it's yellow. I think the gloss mixed with incandescent lights may make it look like there's a hint of green.

I believe that incandescent lights do have a hint of orange/amber in them. And fluorescent lights can have hints of green and purple. Just like outdoor "white" light can have hints of blue.

A lot of these hints of color are hard to reproduce in photographs, because the white balance settings in cameras automatically try to take these into consideration and make the light white.

CRASHFIRE

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine on the 14th on the premiere webiste as an "add a line" to my family account
Order processed on the 15th.
Currently it is still in "processing" status.
I have called a couple times and I have gotten the same "it is on back order and will ship as soon as possible" response. The rep would not do any credits though and said when it arrives I may call back and ask for a "courtesy credit" for waiting so long.

Also, I see nothing regarding my charging plate when I check my status. Does nothing show up regarding that until one of the items ships? Also, I wish I had ordered the red charing plate instead of the yellow. Will try to swap it out when it arrives. I think the contrast of the two colors would be look better. And thank you all for the updates.

Got my shipping notice today via UPS! Whoo hoo!

Last edited:

Kanshin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Info
10/21 Pre-Ordered the Yellow with Best Buy $599.
11/4 5 min after Midnight Pre-Ordered on ATT Premier web site, since Best Buy had not yet shipped (Purchased at full no contract price) $449 was charged $516 total on my bank account.
11/5 5pm was mysteriously cancelled for no reason, and a 72 hour hold put on my account while they review the order!
11/8 Reordered with ATT Rep
11/15 ATT mysteriously cancelled my order and resubmitted with a Micro-sim changing my order date and backorder priority!
12/3 Woot!!! Tracking Number- FedEx

Woot!! finally "Shipped" status and a tracking number!!! 2 Day FedEx, arriving Wednesday about 4:30pm! Yaay!

OriginalBigDAWG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After my order canceled twice it finally shipped on Friday and arrived today (original order on November 7th). As fate would have it I'm traveling and won't be back until Thursday. My wife confirmed that it's yellow. :)

Typogrammer

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So...yeah, this just got interesting.

I ordered my phone on 11/13 (non-premier), and have been waiting almost three weeks for my phone. I've called a couple times to get the usual 'high-demand' spiel, and finally today I had enough of it. I went to the local AT&T corporate store to figure out something...anything at this point. I found out while at the mall where AT&T is at that the Microsoft pop-up store had three yellow Lumia 920's available. After being told the same thing that the telephone support people told me previously, I asked them if it was possible to cancel my order so I can run over to the Microsoft store and get the Lumia there. The AT&T folks were happy to do it, and I was told the order was canceled there at the store. I purchased the phone from Microsoft (alas, with no wireless charging plate, but my current phone is barely working--I can deal without a charging plate), and it looks beautiful!

So now I'm here at my computer fiddling with settings, transferring contacts and the like...and I get an email from AT&T. The online order that was canceled at the store already shipped. Now I have ANOTHER Lumia heading to my doorstep tomorrow. And I'll probably get charged for it, too, which will make my bank very, very angry at me. -_-

Now I have to figure out just how in the world to resolve this really messed up situation. Oy. Just oy.

Dreacava206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
it's here it's here but somehow my charging plate went to Puerto Rico without me. I love the phone it is awesome! This picture was taken with a Samsung infuse came out really blurry does not do it justice.
2012-12-03_17.03.10(2).jpg

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have ordered mine when it was $49.99 on Amazon. I did it right away when I saw yellow was in stock at that price! :D Order date November 17th...still waiting...I called up amazon cause I received an email stating that the order for my micro sim will be cancelled if I do not accept the new shipping time for it. My shipping date for the sim changed 4 times...now it says estimated Delivery Nov 30th and no shipped notification yet...It also says estimated delivery for my Lumia...January 3rd T^T :crying: Anyways I asked the girl from Amazon customer service why it said it was going to cancel my sim since i do need that for that phone...she said don't worry about that...you can ignore it. I also asked her about my phone she says that they are getting in shipments throughout December and not to worry you should have your phone soon. I said okay like a kid being told he can't open his presents till christmas...So here I am mostly waiting patiently for my phone...

oh and my case has already arrived before the phone ><

Last edited:

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone been able to order one the last few days? My order from 11/19 was cancelled on 11/29 and the rep could not reorder when I called back.

I've got an order in with Walmart Wireless but I doubt they'll get stock faster than AT&T.

Nice to see a lot more people getting their phones though :)

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just return the one you bought at Microsoft Store for full refund. I don't think they charge restocking fee.

So...yeah, this just got interesting.

I ordered my phone on 11/13 (non-premier), and have been waiting almost three weeks for my phone. I've called a couple times to get the usual 'high-demand' spiel, and finally today I had enough of it. I went to the local AT&T corporate store to figure out something...anything at this point. I found out while at the mall where AT&T is at that the Microsoft pop-up store had three yellow Lumia 920's available. After being told the same thing that the telephone support people told me previously, I asked them if it was possible to cancel my order so I can run over to the Microsoft store and get the Lumia there. The AT&T folks were happy to do it, and I was told the order was canceled there at the store. I purchased the phone from Microsoft (alas, with no wireless charging plate, but my current phone is barely working--I can deal without a charging plate), and it looks beautiful!

So now I'm here at my computer fiddling with settings, transferring contacts and the like...and I get an email from AT&T. The online order that was canceled at the store already shipped. Now I have ANOTHER Lumia heading to my doorstep tomorrow. And I'll probably get charged for it, too, which will make my bank very, very angry at me. -_-

Now I have to figure out just how in the world to resolve this really messed up situation. Oy. Just oy.

Typogrammer

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just return the one you bought at Microsoft Store for full refund. I don't think they charge restocking fee.

The restocking fee is the least of my concerns. Now I have a second contract signed with AT&T, and I don't even know if the first one was truly canceled. I'll need to make sure all the ducks are in a row with AT&T before I return anything.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre