Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
it's here it's here but somehow my charging plate went to Puerto Rico without me. I love the phone it is awesome! This picture was taken with a Samsung infuse came out really blurry does not do it justice.

Sounds like we shared the same upgrade path. Infuse to yellow Lumia.

It's quite a leap in quality.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a cyan N9 and Lumia 900 and they don't compare with the wow-factor of this phone.
Nice combo you got there. Got same colors, just replace Lumia 900 with Lumia 800.

It's weird.

For most of the time I've owned this, I thought that it had a hint of green in it. Very very small hint.

But in real white sunlight it's yellow. I think the gloss mixed with incandescent lights may make it look like there's a hint of green.

I believe that incandescent lights do have a hint of orange/amber in them. And fluorescent lights can have hints of green and purple. Just like outdoor "white" light can have hints of blue.

A lot of these hints of color are hard to reproduce in photographs, because the white balance settings in cameras automatically try to take these into consideration and make the light white.

Imo many of the Nokia colors change a lot depending on lighting. My red Lumia 920 does that and even my matte cyan N9 i think looks damn amazing on poor lighting.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I FINALLY got it today. The Postal Service held it hostage all day yesterday. Looks good! I do wish the yellow was a tad more mustard than neon but it's a great color

Typogrammer

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, my situation finished up on a positive note. After a short time on the phone with someone at AT&T, we discovered that the retail manager canceled my contract renewal, but not the hardware order. (Although since the phone went out already, I doubt he could have canceled it, but anyways...) After some discussion, we decided my best course of action was to return the phone bought at the Microsoft store and keep the phone that AT&T shipped to me. This will allow me to still receive the wireless charging pad and expedite getting my money back for paying for two phones. She also credited my account for the not-so-overnight shipping I paid for, as well as funds to account for a restocking fee in case the Microsoft store dinged me for it (which they did not...yay!). So in the end, I have roughly $60 in account credit, a spare LTE SIM card, a charging plate coming my way...and my yellow Lumia! Yay!

Now to figure out how to use this thing...this is SO not an iPhone. :)

And for those still curious about the color, here's my print shop training coming through: I'd compare the color of the yellow Lumia to an Astrobrights Lift Off Lemon, and the yellow theme in WP8 akin to a Solar Yellow shade. Beautiful individually, but not so great together. I've actually ended up using the lime theme in WP8. It's no lemon, but at least they're the same neon-like intensity.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Amazon Wireless just canceled part of my order...they canceled the order for my sim card...o_O soo yeah i need to yell at amazon when i get home cause they be idiots and canceled my sim card order even when i called up a week ago to see if i needed to take any action regarding a message saying i needed to approve the new shipping date. they told me i didn't have to do anything cause it was shipping with the phone.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone been able to order one the last few days? My order from 11/19 was cancelled on 11/29 and the rep could not reorder when I called back.

I've got an order in with Walmart Wireless but I doubt they'll get stock faster than AT&T.

Nice to see a lot more people getting their phones though :)

Go to a MSFT holiday store.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For those who paid full price and no contract extension, make sure you are not getting a contract on your line.

Even though I bought it full price, month to month, and did not agree to a contract at any time, AT&T decided to tag one on to my account and they refuse to remove it. I am canceling my line and they are forcing me to return the phone, and then will give me a refund. BS. I am glad I found out before my 14 days are up, otherwise it would have probably been a battle I don't have time for.

The store manager today told me I got a discount to get the charger. I didn't have it with me when I went to return the phone, so I have to go back tomorrow with everything. They thought it was odd too, but it seems like I got the contract added because of this discount. I doubt I'll ever get a straight answer.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
For those who paid full price and no contract extension, make sure you are not getting a contract on your line.

Even though I bought it full price, month to month, and did not agree to a contract at any time, AT&T decided to tag one on to my account and they refuse to remove it. I am canceling my line and they are forcing me to return the phone, and then will give me a refund. BS. I am glad I found out before my 14 days are up, otherwise it would have probably been a battle I don't have time for.

The store manager today told me I got a discount to get the charger. I didn't have it with me when I went to return the phone, so I have to go back tomorrow with everything. They thought it was odd too, but it seems like I got the contract added because of this discount. I doubt I'll ever get a straight answer.

Whoa! That's no good! Love how they found it okay to extend your contract for a free charger. Yikes. And yeah, good thing you caught that within two weeks.

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just checked... SHIPPED!

FYI I am a "no commitment" order. My yellow Nokia Lumia 920 will be here tomorrow night, and I am STOKED! WOOOOOOOOOOT!

I hope that a) I find it a suitable replacement for my iPhone 4S. I don't feel like regretting this purchase. b) And i ALSO hope that I love the yellow color!

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just checked... SHIPPED!

FYI I am a "no commitment" order. My yellow Nokia Lumia 920 will be here tomorrow night, and I am STOKED! WOOOOOOOOOOT!

Congrats, man! Now I'm just wondering if I'll have to wait for the cyan to come in...and I'm seriously doubting whether they'll deliver by Christmas. Lame for me, but woohoo for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6