11-20-2012 04:34 AM
148 ... 456
tools
    I called them..and ask the rep, and they confirmed they are carrier unlocked, and...they only have the ATT branding..but phones are not locked..
    Would be interested to find out what happens when you put a T-MOBILE sim or Wind Mobile sim in this AT&T unlocked version.
    11-14-2012 01:49 PM
    Would be interested to find out what happens when you put a T-MOBILE sim or Wind Mobile sim in this AT&T unlocked version.
    Agreed...I'm still not 100% certain it's totally legit. Not saying your information is wrong or that they are even necessarily lying here, but it just seems a wee bit fishy that this place is the only spot to a "magical unlocked U.S.-market Lumia 920".
    11-14-2012 02:02 PM
    A common theme with these resellers and unlockers seems to be that they promise absolutely anything no matter how improbable, take your money and then say oh, sorry, it's not available after all. I wonder how much money they make from missed refunds.
    11-14-2012 02:15 PM
    Here are the plans and the info on each one. It says Blazing 4G speeds on America's largest GSM Nationwide Network.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...php?page=index

Are you using H20 now? If so, I saw on their website that the first 500mb is at 4g speed, so how fast is browsing etc on the 920 after?
    11-14-2012 02:33 PM
    Agreed...I'm still not 100% certain it's totally legit. Not saying your information is wrong or that they are even necessarily lying here, but it just seems a wee bit fishy that this place is the only spot to a "magical unlocked U.S.-market Lumia 920".
    I also emailed expansys..asking if the ATT branded phones are truly unlocked. I received the following answer:

"Theyre supposed to be, but I dont know 100% for sure. We will know for certain when we receive stock, which should be in the next 2-3 business days for the red."
    11-14-2012 03:49 PM
    I also emailed expansys..asking if the ATT branded phones are truly unlocked. I received the following answer:

"Theyre supposed to be, but I dont know 100% for sure. We will know for certain when we receive stock, which should be in the next 2-3 business days for the red."
    That just made my day! Exactly what we were fearing - these people don't even know for sure what they are supposedly selling us.
    11-14-2012 03:54 PM
    That just made my day! Exactly what we were fearing - these people don't even know for sure what they are supposedly selling us.
    We have to be very cautious when dealing with these sites...over the phone the rep confirmed 100% the phone is unlocked...now via email not sure..
    same thing with the unlocking...lots of sites and people claim to be able to unlock them..but when it comes about actual unlocking..no one is able to
    11-14-2012 04:04 PM
    We have to be very cautious when dealing with these sites...over the phone the rep confirmed 100% the phone is unlocked...now via email not sure..
    same thing with the unlocking...lots of sites and people claim to be able to unlock them..but when it comes about actual unlocking..no one is able to
    And that's what grinds my gears the most about them. In the space of one call or email they will contradict what their supposed product offering is, and they seem to either not know or not care about the discrepancy they are creating.
    11-14-2012 04:07 PM
    I just found this on the Nokia India website, the AWS 1700ghz band that T-mobile uses is listed there, so this might be that our AT&T phone might have that band locked on the firmware because of the exclusivity with the carrier, so there is hope

Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia - India
    11-17-2012 07:55 PM
    Technically, the Snapdragon chip inside the 920 can capable of pentaband HSPA+ and all the LTE bands. However, we don't know if Nokia actually did flash a firmware to disable the bands that not need for the exclusive or they actually manufactured different models. Right now, only US, Canada, some in Europe already released the phone, all other regions are still planning to release it, so we don't know if it is possible to flash a different model firmware to enable these bands.
    Alex Rodriguez likes this.
    11-17-2012 09:44 PM
    Remember that before the release here in the US , Nokia USA website had that band listed. Then they removed it. So i think it is just disabled by the carrier.
    11-18-2012 12:34 AM
    Update from CellUnlock.net:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing CellUnlock.net for your Nokia Lumia recent unlocking order. As you may know this is a new released model and because of the high demand of codes, Nokia has delayed all orders to satisfy carrier requests. They have informed us that all codes should be sent within 5-10 Business Days. We understand that is beyond the turnaround time advertised when placing your order. Please let us know if you are ok with this new delay by replying to this email and confirming.

Best Regards,
    CellUnlock.net Team

Doesn't sound promising, but I approved the delay so we'll see what happens...

JRB
    Hi JRB,

any feedback from CellUnlock.net??
    11-19-2012 12:10 PM
    Seems that there will be ATT unlocked phones..
    I just found an ebay seller that claims it has unlocked 920, ATT branded.., as per a special business agreement with ATT

Nokia Lumia 920 Factory Unlocked PureView 8 7 MP Camera Windows Phone 8 | eBay

Do you guys think this is legit?
    11-19-2012 12:41 PM
    Seems that there will be ATT unlocked phones..
    I just found an ebay seller that claims it has unlocked 920, ATT branded.., as per a special business agreement with ATT

Nokia Lumia 920 Factory Unlocked PureView 8 7 MP Camera Windows Phone 8 | eBay

Do you guys think this is legit?
    Probably an international version. (if it exists. I really don't know)

Anyways, the cheapest way is to go to a MS store, buy the phone outright, and get Straight Talk. I'm currently waiting for my sim to arrive.
    11-19-2012 01:00 PM
    Probably an international version. (if it exists. I really don't know)

Anyways, the cheapest way is to go to a MS store, buy the phone outright, and get Straight Talk. I'm currently waiting for my sim to arrive.
    Im in Canada dude, no straight talk here..
    In US, all 920's no matter you buy them..are ATT locked..
    11-19-2012 02:38 PM
    I found this website... mobileunlocked.co.uk and they supposedly can unlock the ATT 920 for $24. Does anyone wanna take a chance with them and let us know? Here's my email conversation with their customer service, it did reassure me a bit but still not 100% sure:

Me: "Hello. I noticed you have unlock codes for the US ATT Lumia 920. Are these guaranteed to work/have been tested to work? I need an honest answer because I don't want to buy an ATT locked phone and then find out I can't unlock it. I mean, I'm sure you will refund me the money for the code if it doesn't work, but you can't refund me the money for the phone. If the codes do really work, that would be fantastic and save me A LOT of money! Thanks."

Reply: "Hi,

That service has actually only become available to us today, so we are going through the process of getting some unlock codes delivered. We have been speaking with the supplier and are extremely confident that there wouldn't be any problems, so please do feel free to place an order.

As you've rightly mentioned, if the unlock code wasn't found for any reason, we would automatically refund you, but there is always a chance of that, irrespective of the phone.

Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 - Mobileunlocked.co.uk

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
    Darren.
    Mobile Unlocked"

They said they will be able to issue refunds if there are problems with the codes. Anyways, if anyone tries, keep us updated!
    11-19-2012 03:01 PM
    I found this website... mobileunlocked.co.uk and they supposedly can unlock the ATT 920 for $24. Does anyone wanna take a chance with them and let us know? Here's my email conversation with their customer service, it did reassure me a bit but still not 100% sure:

Me: "Hello. I noticed you have unlock codes for the US ATT Lumia 920. Are these guaranteed to work/have been tested to work? I need an honest answer because I don't want to buy an ATT locked phone and then find out I can't unlock it. I mean, I'm sure you will refund me the money for the code if it doesn't work, but you can't refund me the money for the phone. If the codes do really work, that would be fantastic and save me A LOT of money! Thanks."

Reply: "Hi,

That service has actually only become available to us today, so we are going through the process of getting some unlock codes delivered. We have been speaking with the supplier and are extremely confident that there wouldn't be any problems, so please do feel free to place an order.

As you've rightly mentioned, if the unlock code wasn't found for any reason, we would automatically refund you, but there is always a chance of that, irrespective of the phone.

Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 - Mobileunlocked.co.uk

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
    Darren.
    Mobile Unlocked"

They said they will be able to issue refunds if there are problems with the codes. Anyways, if anyone tries, keep us updated!

When I choose "USA" and "ATT", there is a message "Wen cannot unlock this handset at this time" . Maybe they haven't update their website yet? Also, it shows $47.99 for the Lumia 920 unlock code...

11-19-2012 07:42 PM
    By just comparing the AT&T Lumia 920 and T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 810 I get to the conclusion that an AT&T Lumia 920 will work if unlock on T-Mobile's 4g Network at 4g speeds. Take a look at the bands , they both support the same bands except that the 810 doesn't support LTE because T-Mobile doesn't have LTE yet. The rest is the same.

Compare phones | Windows Phone (United States)
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    11-19-2012 07:54 PM
    I think, for anyone in UK, I guess, better bet is to buy the phone from India and get it shipped to UK, instead of buying from US.
    11-19-2012 07:56 PM
    By just comparing the AT&T Lumia 920 and T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 810 I get to the conclusion that an AT&T Lumia 920 will work if unlock on T-Mobile's 4g Network at 4g speeds. Take a look at the bands , they both support the same bands except that the 810 doesn't support LTE because T-Mobile doesn't have LTE yet. The rest is the same.

Compare phones | Windows Phone (United States)
    Wrong. The 810 has AWS band which is 1700/2100, but it can be used in AT&T. 920 AT&T version does not have that band, maybe it will through some hacking (if it is possible). It only works when you in T-Mobile refarmed area, which some major cities at this point. Sometime these website do mess up a lot with these info.
    Mystictrust likes this.
    11-19-2012 08:23 PM
    When I choose "USA" and "ATT", there is a message "Wen cannot unlock this handset at this time" . Maybe they haven't update their website yet? Also, it shows $47.99 for the Lumia 920 unlock code...
    I just went to the website and you are right. My guess would be that they removed it from the site, realizing the codes they ordered don't work. It really sucks, I'm almost completely convinced that buying an international version is my only option left unless Expansys really is selling ATT unlocked devices. $620 would be a lot cheaper than $780. If anyone finds a way to unlock the ATT model please let us know asap. :/
    11-19-2012 08:30 PM
    Wrong. The 810 has AWS band which is 1700/2100, but it can be used in AT&T. 920 AT&T version does not have that band, maybe it will through some hacking (if it is possible). It only works when you in T-Mobile refarmed area, which some major cities at this point. Sometime these website do mess up a lot with these info.
    Did you check the specs on the link? , that comparison is from the windows phone website here in United States. Check the link, and check the bands listed under both phones

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/phones/compare?phone=RM-820%7Cnokia-lumia-920&phone=RM-878%7Cnokia-lumia-810
    11-20-2012 12:57 AM
    if anyone is willing to give it a go if the 920 can be unlocked PM me your IMEI so we can try to feed it to a Server if it can produce an unlock code? PM me the IMEI dont post it in the forum
    11-20-2012 04:34 AM
148 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD