Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Could someone who buys a Lumia 920 today from AT&T post a picture of the bands listed on the box? And if it's possible, could you also throw in a T-Mobile (US) microsim and test data speeds? (if it is unlocked out of the box)

UPDATE: We've had a couple of forum members try putting a T-Mobile sim in their AT&T 920s, but it did not work. However it was pointed out that the AT&T 920 shares the same FCC ID with the Rogers/Dev devices. So now the next step is to get an AT&T 920 unlocked (either via AT&T or a third party) to see if a T-Mobile sim works after that.

Last edited:

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I am EXTREMELY interested in knowing this as well if not then I might be resign to settle for a subpar 8x... I hope I don't have to resort to the 8x, please don't make me get the 8x...

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any info about the AT&T 920 in that link.

"If you?re still having doubts about picking up an unlocked international Lumia 920 to run on T-Mobile, hopefully this new set of images will push aside your concerns. We?ve come to the understanding that the AT&T edition of the Lumia 920 won?t have AWS bands thanks to a device breakdown courtesy of the FCC."

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That 920.2 is a red flag!! The Rogers devices say 920.3 on the box!(Rogers devices are confirmed to be unlocked and capable of tmobile frequencies) Its not looking too good for the at&t variant to be able to support tmobile... here's to hoping that it does

Last edited:

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
"If you?re still having doubts about picking up an unlocked international Lumia 920 to run on T-Mobile, hopefully this new set of images will push aside your concerns. We?ve come to the understanding that the AT&T edition of the Lumia 920 won?t have AWS bands thanks to a device breakdown courtesy of the FCC."

That's just speculation. That article was written days ago so I'm not giving up hope. :)

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I went into an AT&T store to try and see if I could open the sim slot and just put my T-Mobile sim in there to see if it worked. Unfortunately they had the sim trays blocked on both display models. So it looks like we'll have to wait for confirmation from someone who actually owns one of these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)