Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
After being denied to purchase the device at regular price at two AT&T stores i called to a third one and they sold it to me for $489.90. Then i call customer service to unlock and the lady told me that the device is relatively new and they can't unlock it also because is exclusive from AT&T. I also submit the unlock form online to see what happens. What i'm going to do in the meantime is to use with an H2O sim card with a $60 plan that i will get tomorrow. Includes unlimited text, talk and *data(2gb) and it works with any locked AT&T phone.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageControl.php?page=index

Go under plans to see the available plans

Last edited by a moderator:

zeteo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Last evening I ordered an AT&T cyan 920. At the time of order I was specially told the phone was in stock and would be shipped within 3 days.

This morning I called to verify the order. My bank account had already been debited. I was told the order was backordered with no info on possible ship dates. When I told them I wanted to cancel the order, they said I couldn't cancel the order. I explained it was not a request but an instruction! After several minutes I was told the order had been cancelled!

Whats up with AT&T? They have become very hard to trust! Their word means nothing to me!! :mad:

Owen Nieh

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After being denied to purchase the device at regular price at two AT&T stores i called to a third one and they sold it to me for $489.90. Then i call customer service to unlock and the lady told me that the device is relatively new and they can't unlock it also because is exclusive from AT&T. I also submit the unlock form online to see what happens. What i'm going to do in the meantime is to use with an H2O sim card with a $60 plan that i will get tomorrow. Includes unlimited text, talk and *data(2gb) and it works with any locked AT&T phone.

this is not bad !
does h20 provide 4g speed?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Is this better than Straight Talk/Net10's $45 a month plan?

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
By the looks of that link, it seems like you need an AT&T account (or a friend with one) to do that.

Makes sense. That hadn't occurred to me.

Still no response from CellUnlock.net on the code I purchased Saturday, but AT&T got back to me this morning with a reply after using their online iPhone unlock request form and it's not good news.

They denied the request because it did not meet the following requirement:

"The device does not have a long-term exclusive sales arrangement or any period of exclusivity associated with the device has expired."

So, like the Lumia 900 I had before it, seems like it will be 6 months before they unshackle this handset from their network, folks...

JRB

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Still no response from CellUnlock.net on the code I purchased Saturday, but AT&T got back to me this morning with a reply after using their online iPhone unlock request form and it's not good news.

They denied the request because it did not meet the following requirement:

"The device does not have a long-term exclusive sales arrangement or any period of exclusivity associated with the device has expired."

So, like the Lumia 900 I had before it, seems like it will be 6 months before they unshackle this handset from their network, folks...

JRB

Same answer for me..from ATT, the request to unlock has been dennied....

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

JRB

If you don't hear anything back from this website, you might want to give them a call tomorrow. Possible you might've gotten scammed.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
there are so many good MVNOs that have ATT SIMs I really don't see any reason to unlock this phone. I unlocked my 900 the other day if for no other reason because I can. I still use ATT towers and a ST ATT SIM. Why would you want to unlock the phone and take it to a ****tier network? ATT IS the GSM network in the US.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
there are so many good MVNOs that have ATT SIMs I really don't see any reason to unlock this phone. I unlocked my 900 the other day if for no other reason because I can. I still use ATT towers and a ST ATT SIM. Why would you want to unlock the phone and take it to a ****tier network? ATT IS the GSM network in the US.
I want an unlocked phone so i can use it overseas when i travel - i go to the UK and the middle east often and I have SIM cards from both locations that i just pop into my Nokia N8 whenever i want to.
yes i have ATT international roaming also - but its extremely expensive!

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There is also cellunlocker.net which I used to unlock my 710. They have a place where you can check if they have a code available but you need to input the IMEI so I can't check since I don't have the phone. If anyone else wants to check then here's the link:

Get Nokia Unlock Codes - Fast Nokia Unlocking!

Hahaha I just tried it with mine and they want $999.99 for the unlock code on my Lumia 920! WOW! LOL

JRB

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

Or...as the topic title states, some of us are locked to T-Mobile right now, and we want to see if a AT&T 920 will work on T-Mobile?

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Update from CellUnlock.net:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing CellUnlock.net for your Nokia Lumia recent unlocking order. As you may know this is a new released model and because of the high demand of codes, Nokia has delayed all orders to satisfy carrier requests. They have informed us that all codes should be sent within 5-10 Business Days. We understand that is beyond the turnaround time advertised when placing your order. Please let us know if you are ok with this new delay by replying to this email and confirming.

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team

Doesn't sound promising, but I approved the delay so we'll see what happens...

JRB

GZAZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing CellUnlock.net for your Nokia Lumia recent unlocking order. As you may know this is a new released model and because of the high demand of codes, Nokia has delayed all orders to satisfy carrier requests. They have informed us that all codes should be sent within 5-10 Business Days. We understand that is beyond the turnaround time advertised when placing your order. Please let us know if you are ok with this new delay by replying to this email and confirming.

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team

JRB

Thanks JRB. I'll be checking this thread daily for your updates. Hopefully good news.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Nokia has delayed all orders to satisfy carrier requests. They have informed us that all codes should be sent within 5-10 Business Days.

JRB

Looks like they're trying to imply that they get the codes from Nokia. However, Nokia always tells everybody that Nokia doesn't provide unlock codes, only carriers do:

Google

Smells like flim flam.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Dear Customer,

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team

JRB

I guess the only way to find out is to wait and see.

Looks like they're trying to imply that they get the codes from Nokia. However, Nokia always tells everybody that Nokia doesn't provide unlock codes, only carriers do:

Google

Smells like flim flam.

I had heard this before too. But we'll see what happens. For all we know, we could just be getting the run around. But if it is true, then it'll be great news.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte