Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody knows the mms apn settings for the Lumia 920 on Net10 wireless. I got data and talk working but no mms. I have tried the settings they provide and some that i found on the web but it still don't work.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Update from CellUnlock.net:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing CellUnlock.net for your Nokia Lumia recent unlocking order. As you may know this is a new released model and because of the high demand of codes, Nokia has delayed all orders to satisfy carrier requests. They have informed us that all codes should be sent within 5-10 Business Days. We understand that is beyond the turnaround time advertised when placing your order. Please let us know if you are ok with this new delay by replying to this email and confirming.

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team

Doesn't sound promising, but I approved the delay so we'll see what happens...

JRB

Ive been spending the last 3 days..trying to find a way to unlock this damn ATT phone..Im giving up..and returning the phone to ATT, as I cannot use it in Canada.

What i cant understand..though is how some of the websites, like expansys.ca claims they have ATT branded unlocked phone..that means..there is a way to unlock them, or they just..have a deal with ATT??...im really curious to find out..if someone has an ideea..about this..

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What i cant understand..though is how some of the websites, like expansys.ca claims they have ATT branded unlocked phone..that means..there is a way to unlock them, or they just..have a deal with ATT??...im really curious to find out..if someone has an ideea..about this..

I saw that and it doesn't say anywhere on the page that it's unlocked. There's also a note at the bottom saying "carrier and region dependent". From what it looks like to me, it's just the regular AT&T model...being sold in Canada?

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I saw that and it doesn't say anywhere on the page that it's unlocked. There's also a note at the bottom saying "carrier and region dependent". From what it looks like to me, it's just the regular AT&T model...being sold in Canada?

I called them..and ask the rep, and they confirmed they are carrier unlocked, and...they only have the ATT branding..but phones are not locked..

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I called them..and ask the rep, and they confirmed they are carrier unlocked, and...they only have the ATT branding..but phones are not locked..

Would be interested to find out what happens when you put a T-MOBILE sim or Wind Mobile sim in this AT&T unlocked version.

LHCVG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Would be interested to find out what happens when you put a T-MOBILE sim or Wind Mobile sim in this AT&T unlocked version.

Agreed...I'm still not 100% certain it's totally legit. Not saying your information is wrong or that they are even necessarily lying here, but it just seems a wee bit fishy that this place is the only spot to a "magical unlocked U.S.-market Lumia 920".

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A common theme with these resellers and unlockers seems to be that they promise absolutely anything no matter how improbable, take your money and then say oh, sorry, it's not available after all. I wonder how much money they make from missed refunds.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Agreed...I'm still not 100% certain it's totally legit. Not saying your information is wrong or that they are even necessarily lying here, but it just seems a wee bit fishy that this place is the only spot to a "magical unlocked U.S.-market Lumia 920".

I also emailed expansys..asking if the ATT branded phones are truly unlocked. I received the following answer:

"They?re supposed to be, but I don?t know 100% for sure. We will know for certain when we receive stock, which should be in the next 2-3 business days for the red."

LHCVG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I also emailed expansys..asking if the ATT branded phones are truly unlocked. I received the following answer:

"They?re supposed to be, but I don?t know 100% for sure. We will know for certain when we receive stock, which should be in the next 2-3 business days for the red."

That just made my day! Exactly what we were fearing - these people don't even know for sure what they are supposedly selling us.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That just made my day! Exactly what we were fearing - these people don't even know for sure what they are supposedly selling us.

We have to be very cautious when dealing with these sites...over the phone the rep confirmed 100% the phone is unlocked...now via email not sure..
same thing with the unlocking...lots of sites and people claim to be able to unlock them..but when it comes about actual unlocking..no one is able to

LHCVG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
We have to be very cautious when dealing with these sites...over the phone the rep confirmed 100% the phone is unlocked...now via email not sure..
same thing with the unlocking...lots of sites and people claim to be able to unlock them..but when it comes about actual unlocking..no one is able to

And that's what grinds my gears the most about them. In the space of one call or email they will contradict what their supposed product offering is, and they seem to either not know or not care about the discrepancy they are creating.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Technically, the Snapdragon chip inside the 920 can capable of pentaband HSPA+ and all the LTE bands. However, we don't know if Nokia actually did flash a firmware to disable the bands that not need for the exclusive or they actually manufactured different models. Right now, only US, Canada, some in Europe already released the phone, all other regions are still planning to release it, so we don't know if it is possible to flash a different model firmware to enable these bands.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Remember that before the release here in the US , Nokia USA website had that band listed. Then they removed it. So i think it is just disabled by the carrier.

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Update from CellUnlock.net:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing CellUnlock.net for your Nokia Lumia recent unlocking order. As you may know this is a new released model and because of the high demand of codes, Nokia has delayed all orders to satisfy carrier requests. They have informed us that all codes should be sent within 5-10 Business Days. We understand that is beyond the turnaround time advertised when placing your order. Please let us know if you are ok with this new delay by replying to this email and confirming.

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team

Doesn't sound promising, but I approved the delay so we'll see what happens...

JRB

Hi JRB,

any feedback from CellUnlock.net??

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems that there will be ATT unlocked phones..
I just found an ebay seller that claims it has unlocked 920, ATT branded.., as per a special business agreement with ATT

Nokia Lumia 920 Factory Unlocked PureView 8 7 MP Camera Windows Phone 8 | eBay

Do you guys think this is legit?

Probably an international version. (if it exists. I really don't know)

Anyways, the cheapest way is to go to a MS store, buy the phone outright, and get Straight Talk. I'm currently waiting for my sim to arrive.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

Probably an international version. (if it exists. I really don't know)

Anyways, the cheapest way is to go to a MS store, buy the phone outright, and get Straight Talk. I'm currently waiting for my sim to arrive.

Im in Canada dude, no straight talk here..
In US, all 920's no matter you buy them..are ATT locked..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12