Absolutely beautiful and NOT heavy

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I was the first person in the door at my local AT&T. I have a cyan 920 on order, but got a black one today. Initial impressions- OMG those reviewers must be the massive of emaciated weaklings to ever review a piece of tech. The phone feels GREAT to hold. Yes it is noticeably heavier than the iPhone 5 I returned after several weeks of use. But if not for the hysteria from the reviewers I would have thought nothing other than "wow-this is quality bit of tech".

The screen is beautiful, the interface fluid and quick, and wonderfully readable even when outdoors. I will post a far more detailed post after I have had a chance to fully put it through the paces, but if you were at all hesitating for fear of size or weight- DON'T.

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The store I went to said they only had black when I went in, but I told the rep who served me I wanted cyan. He said they had some other colors. Went back and they had black, red, and white. I wasn't keen on a glossy phone but I looked at the white and it's beautiful. The glossy finish looks great and the black accents are a great contrast. The glossy finish actually sticks to the fingers really well. I ended up going with white. I don't know why the first rep told me they only have black. I honestly think he lied...there is no way he could be that misinformed. They might be short on other colors and trying to push the black ones.

The weight is not an issue at all. Still not a huge fan of the large screen size (can't really reach the opposite side with my thumb easily), but I think I'll get used to it.

In regards to the charging pad, they said they will call me when they get it. They said no accessories at all came in with the shipment.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely agree. And they said the charging pad will be shipped to me when it is in stock. They did not have any in store.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was the first person in the door at my local AT&T. I have a cyan 920 on order, but got a black one today. Initial impressions- OMG those reviewers must be the massive of emaciated weaklings to ever review a piece of tech. The phone feels GREAT to hold. Yes it is noticeably heavier than the iPhone 5 I returned after several weeks of use. But if not for the hysteria from the reviewers I would have thought nothing other than "wow-this is quality bit of tech".

The screen is beautiful, the interface fluid and quick, and wonderfully readable even when outdoors. I will post a far more detailed post after I have had a chance to fully put it through the paces, but if you were at all hesitating for fear of size or weight- DON'T.

I agree completely. It feels amazing.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I held a friend's IPhone4 the other day. I thought the weight of it felt pretty solid. I guess that phone weighs 4.5 ounces, or 137 grams, which makes the 920 about 35% heavier. It's about 32% heavier than the 4s. It's about 65% heavier than the 5.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Even though I didnt manage to get one I did play with the display models, Red, White and Black and they certainly are a sight to behold. And weight was definitely not an issue, but I have been lifting for a while so maybe thats why! :D

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
What do you expect from a bunch of 90lb hipsters wearing skinny jeans who are used to holding iphones and never doing any kind of physical labor? Of course it's gonna feel heavy.

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This phone is definitely heavier then my previous phone but so what? I like a phone that feels solid. Lightweight phone make me feel like they are cheaply made.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree that it is not heavy and fits nicely in my front pants pocket. Not sure what all these reviewers are talking about. That tool at Gizmodo was the worst. You would think they gave him a cinder block to review the was he whined about it.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Weight wise is negliable difference from lumia 900 esp if you have a case on it. Its similar to iPhone 4s, but larger in size. The build is solid. awesome screen, and the faster processor is ready noticeable. Screen refresh rates are excellent.

Saw a blk and white on display, both looked nice. The matt blk is a bit different from lumia 900. The surface is smoother, anyone noticed that?

chuey101

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me which way the gun show is?

Seriously tho this is what I've been saying. This phone feels awesome
heavy ain't just a number, its also feel, balance and thickness.

Did I mention I love this phone?

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I went into an AT&T store to feel the weight. To be honest, when I heard people on here defending the weight, I thought they were just fanboys. When I picked up the phone, I thought it could not be the right phone or real. I do not know what I was expecting, but the phone is very lite. I just is not as big as the make it out to be. I guess when you are talking ounces, it isn't going to be heavy.

The screen is great. I cannot wait for my yellow to get here.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What do you expect from a bunch of 90lb hipsters wearing skinny jeans who are used to holding iphones and never doing any kind of physical labor? Of course it's gonna feel heavy.

Hey! I wear skinny jeans! Though I'm also not a pansy handed weakling, I weigh 160, and I do work out every other day. So maybe that's why I had no problems picking up the display unit at AT&T. But I bet even my 3 year old cousin could hold the 920 with no problems. He uses his parents' iPad without complaining.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I will agree the weight is a non issue on the 920. The store I went to had a red 920 on display. Very nice phone, but I ended up walking out with a 820. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte