I got my Lumia 920.. some of my thoughts..

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I went to the ATT store and wow they took forever.

I made sure I asked about the free wireless charger. Had I didnt, they would have never offered it. Apparently the charger is on back order, but I will get it in the mail.

Beautiful phone. Weight and size is NOT even an issue what so ever.

I like the tile size changes a lot. The bigger, the more info you get. Going to take a while to sort it all out the way i like it.

Super sensitive touch works well.

Have not tried the camera yet.

The HD screen which was the dealer breaker for me is showing me no difference from the L900. Not that I've noticed yet. Anyone going with the 820 or 810 should be very happy with the screen.

Some apps are not compatible yet. Like Navigon which I'm PO'd about.

Nokia Drive + Beta does have street names.

It does vibrate/rattle.

Still haven't put this thing to the real test yet, but I LOVE IT

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't buy the phone as I am 'researching' but I walked into the store to get a hands on feel.

I have the 900

+ The weight issue (compared to the 900 I am using ) it's overblown...it's not a tank
+ The curve glass...man its sweet compared to the 900...I just kept rubbing it.
+ Had 29.2gb left over with AT&T default setup.

Came close to signing another 2year contract!..If they had a cyan one in stock I would have pulled the trigger

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The HD screen which was the dealer breaker for me is showing me no difference from the L900. Not that I've noticed yet. Anyone going with the 820 or 810 should be very happy with the screen.
I figured that might be the case. It still should be easier to view in direct sunlight than the L900 (brighter screen)- what are your thoughts on that?

But does it ANNOUNCE those street names when giving audible directions? Having street names is great, having them read to you is better (it's also hilarious how some street names get read, so that can be entertaining :p)

Last edited:

TNL Nick

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It feels so good to be able to delete the bloatware with absolutely no fuss. Bye bye, AT&T Radio, Navigator, Yellow Pages, etc.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the 920 and I have to say, the screen resolution makes all the difference in the world when it comes to text.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Deleted AT&T's bloatware on the device that I will never use. The camera is awesome by the way. I loved being able to plug the phone into my computer at work and actually explore the file system. And what's this? A ringtone folder? Oh Microsoft, you didn't.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I went to the ATT store and wow they took forever.

I made sure I asked about the free wireless charger. Had I didnt, they would have never offered it. Apparently the charger is on back order, but I will get it in the mail.

Beautiful phone. Weight and size is NOT even an issue what so ever.

I like the tile size changes a lot. The bigger, the more info you get. Going to take a while to sort it all out the way i like it.

Super sensitive touch works well.

Have not tried the camera yet.

Some apps are not compatible yet. Like Navigon which I'm PO'd about.

It does vibrate/rattle.

Still haven't put this thing to the real test yet, but I LOVE IT

Nice! Did you go with the cyan or the black? :D

JUSTQUAN2

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I paid my phone non contract price. I asked about my free wireless charger but that didn't happen. Otherwise I would really be happy. My typing sucks for now. I am hitting all the wrong keys. Good thing I have the autocorrect on. I would like to be able to control the music from the tiles. That's it for now.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I gave in and made the switch from Verizon for the 920.

First off, must be honest. It IS a monster of a phone, size wise. It really is BIG. I dont think ill ever talk on it like a normal phone, Ill have to find a good bluetooth ear piece. It would feel like holding up a brick to my head.

Other than that, I do like it. I played around with the camera only a little bit. Not sure if Im blown away by it though. Not bad quality or anything but I cant say its stellar.

I just need more time with the phone. Im liking WP8 OS though for sure.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I gave in and made the switch from Verizon for the 920.

First off, must be honest. It IS a monster of a phone, size wise. It really is BIG. I dont think ill ever talk on it like a normal phone, Ill have to find a good bluetooth ear piece. It would feel like holding up a brick to my head.

Other than that, I do like it. I played around with the camera only a little bit. Not sure if Im blown away by it though. Not bad quality or anything but I cant say its stellar.

I just need more time with the phone. Im liking WP8 OS though for sure.

The size is pretty standard for most flagship phones actually. People talk about the weight, not the dimensions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786