Glossy is horrible compared to matte

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Total exaggeration, i did hold a yellow one there are finger prints, but you have to stick your fat to even care and notice. If there is so much junk on the phone where you can tell from a distance, then either you are eating too much chocolate cake. Stop eating chocolate cake and wash your hands

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I would have preferred the yellow come in a matte finish, but I messed with the glossy white and red today and they're quite nice.. no complaints. Certainly not enough to make me choose another color just because of the finish. Didn't feel any less quality than the matte finishes.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Total exaggeration, i did hold a yellow one there are finger prints, but you have to stick your fat to even care and notice. If there is so much junk on the phone where you can tell from a distance, then either you are eating too much chocolate cake. Stop eating chocolate cake and wash your hands

Where'd you get your hands on a yellow one? Seems none of us (myself included) can find yellow anywhere.

Toolzero

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I should have toned down my post. It's just that typing on my iPhone is so very painful, and reviewing what I've written is really tough. Sorry.

Toolzero

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
And btw, I was exaggerating about the last three meals thing. I had just washed my hands. The glossy really does attract grease. To some it's important, to others it isn't. No matter.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I really want a yellow 920, but I was afraid of what i've been reading about the glossy so I went to check out the black matte vs the red and white glossy.

The problem is that you let what you read influence and put fear into you. You went to the store afraid of a glossy color, looking for a reason to talk yourself out of the yellow. There was no way you were going to get yellow, your mind was made up already. Now you want to blame everyone involved in the process just so you can feel good about the decision that you didn't even make for yourself. Some blogger made for you, it's very sad. Now you have to live with a phone that you really don't even want. Maybe next upgrade you'll do the right thing and get what you "really" want because you deserve it.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
As a Verizon customer I would love to have a knuckehead designed glossy or a matte 920! I held them in store today and they are beautiful phones. Matte is much nicer IMO but both are superior to what Verizon is getting!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a glossy white 900 and loved it. Now have glossy red, which I thought I would really dislike and it turns out that I'm really feeling it. Would've liked matte gray but I'm happy with the red.
still haven't changed your device eh... :p

i think glossy can work with an invisible shield. bought one for the 900 and never used it.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Glossy is not "Horrible" by any stretch of the imagination. It's a matter of preference and I thought that was the whole point of releasing a few colors in gloss and a few in matte.

They both look and feel nice in different ways. The glossy red looks pretty stunning imo.

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree about the fingerprints and slickness of the gloss finish. The matte finish IMO is much better for me.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The glossy definitely does NOT feel cheap. I just held the white for a while and it feels every bit the premium device the black does. However, glossy will have loads of fingerprints on it. I have other devices like this and it is always a pain keeping them looking nice. I am going with the matte black which just looks and feels amazing.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not one for purchase, it was a demo one they had in store at ATT

Also, just curious where you're located? Wonder why only one or two spots have a yellow Lumia 920 on display. Looks like none (even for display) came to the DC area. Thanks.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from my local AT&T store. I really want a yellow 920, but I was afraid of what i've been reading about the glossy so I went to check out the black matte vs the red and white glossy.

Whoever the knucklehead at Nokia is who approved the glossy phones should be fired. All 920 colors should be matte.

The second you touch the glossy case you get to see all of the grease from your three previous meals. It's nasty. The glossy case also makes the phone feel like a plastic cased phone, which to me feels cheap, and it's a little slippery to hold. Not much, but it doesn't feel solid like the matte, it feels greasy.

The black matte case is excellent. You can't see or feel any grease at all. It's a lot more pleasant to hold and doesn't feel like plastic. The overall look and feel of the black matte phone is outstanding.

I'm now going to order a matte cyan 920. I'm really glad I waited and didn't jump on the yellow phone before I felt and saw the difference. I would have been unhappy.

I know plenty of people are happy with the glossy cases, and that's great. But if you are like me and this issue is important to you, you've been warned. Check both cases out before you buy if you can.

I just changed my order from glossy white to black for the exact same reasons. Glossy makes it feel cheap to me. Matte is a more premium classy feel.

Last edited:

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This is totally wierd but I swear I see fingerprints way more on the matte because the grease and oil really shows like on the surface. The white gloss hids it IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720