Hello,

I just received my black 920 and I'm loving it so far. My only issue so far is that once you unlock the phone the battery charge, phone signal, and wifi signal disappear.

Is there any way to adjust the settings so that those three pieces of information always stay on top and visible?

Thanks!
    11-09-2012 01:28 PM
    Tap the very very top of the screen and it will show up again. MS keeps that info hidden until you want to see it (by tapping the very very top) to keep the screen looking "clean." I dont know of a way to keep it visible all the time.
    wenw likes this.
    11-09-2012 01:41 PM
    Tap the very very top of the screen and it will show up again. MS keeps that info hidden until you want to see it (by tapping the very very top) to keep the screen looking "clean." I dont know of a way to keep it visible all the time.
    As this.

There is no way to make the information show permanently, the reasoning being that it is still easily accessible when you need it (which in reality tends not to be too often in my experience, only really when I'm wondering why the internet is slow to find out if I've gone out of a 3G area).

If you're in Internet Explorer, you won't get the info you mention by tapping the top of the screen, but it will show up if you tap the address bar. Also, apps can force the info to either show or hide - if an app won't let you tap the top of the screen, hold down the back key and you'll be able to access what you need :)

Hope that helps!
    11-09-2012 01:50 PM
    They show if there is a problem i.e if you lose signal (WiFi or cellular) or if your battery is flag. Basically, if you can't see them, everything is fine.
    11-09-2012 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD