Trying Straight Talk w my 920

rclifton

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Please help!!!
What are the setting for the mms, because I tried the same setting of the iPhone and do not work...

Sorry, I misspoke it seems. When my wife got home she told me she hadn't received any of my picture messages. I'm still trying to get it to work now that I can test with my wife's phone in front of me.. I'll post back if I get it working.

Are you getting 4g? I read mixed messages about 4g and straight talk, some say it works, some say it doesn't.

This is my first Nokia phone so I'm not sure honestly.. I can't find a speedtest app in the market place that works worth a damn and the mobile one at dslreports.com errors out because it completes to fast. For what it's worth the 4G icon is displayed in the status bar but I don't know if hspa+ is considered 4g as well as LTE. Ifthere is another way to test it let me know and I'll give it a shot.

Cornercurve

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
nope, nothing. This is very frustrating
Remember to delete any old APN info...those APN settings may conflict/override your new APN settings...

(old APN info should be found by going to "settings", then under the "system" column, go to "cellular", then "edit apn")

Hope this works for you

Last edited:

the_icon12

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
remember to delete any old apn info...those apn setting may conflict/override your new apn settings...

(old apn info should be found by going to "settings", then under the "system" column, go to "cellular", then "edit apn")

hope this works for you
dear god yes thank you

rclifton

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I use NET10 so it should be the same APN settings. My mms works after changing to this below.

APN = att.mvno
User name = blank
Password = blank
WAP gateway (URL) = 66.209.11.33
WAP gateway port = 80
MMSC (URL) = http://mmsc.cingular.com/
MMSC port = 80
Maximum MMS size = blank

Remember to delete any old APN info...those APN setting may conflict/override your new APN settings...

(old APN info should be found by going to "settings", then under the "system" column, go to "cellular", then "edit apn")

Hope this works for you

Thanks guys, mms appears to be working now!

kara

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I misspoke it seems. When my wife got home she told me she hadn't received any of my picture messages. I'm still trying to get it to work now that I can test with my wife's phone in front of me.. I'll post back if I get it working.

This is my first Nokia phone so I'm not sure honestly.. I can't find a speedtest app in the market place that works worth a damn and the mobile one at dslreports.com errors out because it completes to fast. For what it's worth the 4G icon is displayed in the status bar but I don't know if hspa+ is considered 4g as well as LTE. Ifthere is another way to test it let me know and I'll give it a shot.
I don't know of any other way to test it out, it is probably the hspa+ 4g. Well that is still fast, I read that the lumia uses two radios to improve data speeds. Thanks though, I am jealous of your new phone :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Not sure how these will work on WP8 OS..

MySpeedTest

Microsoft TestMyNet has disappeared from Marketplace (may be a sign that w8 version is coming)..

StraightTalk does not support LTE. I read that in future they will be maybe sometime in 2013 or 2014. But for now only 4g (HSPA+) or 3g speed will be fastest you get depending on your coverage in your area.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone!!!!!!! Woohhhoooo!!! Best buy is selling it for 449.00 due to the price match!! Tried to pop in a tmobile sim card to no avail so its straight talk until I can get the phone unlocked!!!

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Speed test, free speed test, free bandwidth test? These 3 apps work great.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

kara

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone!!!!!!! Woohhhoooo!!! Best buy is selling it for 449.00 due to the price match!! Tried to pop in a tmobile sim card to no avail so its straight talk until I can get the phone unlocked!!!
Yes! So you don't have to be a current att customer to get it from bestbuy! I am going to go and get one when they have the white one. I hope I don't get some b.s. about not being an att customer though, they can be so inconsistent.

crzyone01

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
A question for those on straight talk already. I got my 920 this morning and still am with AT&T. I was wondering if the built in wifi tethering works with straight talk? I hardly ever use the feature maybe once every 2 months or so but when I do it has been a life saver.

Gladstoner

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
A question for those on straight talk already. I got my 920 this morning and still am with AT&T. I was wondering if the built in wifi tethering works with straight talk? I hardly ever use the feature maybe once every 2 months or so but when I do it has been a life saver.

no. i cant turn it on.

Gladstoner

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
What does it say when you try to enable it?
wp_ss_20121111_0001.png

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
That makes me sad. How exactly does Straight Talk block it, I wonder? I'm reading on some Rogers forums that it works when they turn off LTE, but since ST doesn't offer LTE, I don't know. I was hoping to be able to use the new phone to tether a laptop on the odd chance I'd do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss