corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this the sound?

Click to view quoted video

Here's the Iphone5 which has a different motor compared to the 4s:

Someone just make a video.

don't know about the first vid, theres clearly something wrong there, but the iPhone5 sounds just like i would expect it. Its not the actual sound of the vibration motor, that concerns me.

It sounds like the motor itself was loose inside the phone, rattling in whatever confined space it inhabites.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I love how people are trying to justify this, the 900s proved this is not normal, it isn't the lens, it isn't the sim door, its something loose. Whether its detrimental to the phones life, I'm not sure. But it definitely isn't normal

DungMasterFang

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
don't know about the first vid, theres clearly something wrong there, but the iPhone5 sounds just like i would expect it. Its not the actual sound of the vibration motor, that concerns me.

It sounds like the motor itself was loose inside the phone, rattling in whatever confined space it inhabites.

Can you make a video of it?

I love how people are trying to justify this, the 900s proved this is not normal, it isn't the lens, it isn't the sim door, its something loose. Whether its detrimental to the phones life, I'm not sure. But it definitely isn't normal

I'm not trying to justify it, I just want to find out what it sounds like.

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsw3cwkNRng[/YT]

Here is my video of it from a phone call. The sound doesn't really show how loud it is in a quiet room. My old Samsung Focus, which I shot the video with, is much quieter on vibrate but I know that comparison isn't the point of this.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Here is my video of it from a phone call. The sound doesn't really show how loud it is in a quiet room. My old Samsung Focus, which I shot the video with, is much quieter on vibrate but I know that comparison isn't the point of this.

that's exactly it. I guess it's sound varies per device, but this here is pretty close to what I mean. If this is considered normal, I will not buy the phone regardless of how in love I am with it otherwise

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys!? Being picky about how the thing sounds while vibrating!?

If it turns out to be a technical problem which affects other parts of the phone somehow (like screen gaps, or OIS ****up, whatever...) I am pretty sure Nokia will fix and replace the affected phones.

Mine has exactly the same noise, it's not smooth, but I don't really care if it's smooth or not as long as it keeps vibrating as it's designed to.

dlrohm

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh my GOD the humanity!

How could anyone live with that horrible vibration noise?!?!?!?

/s

Don't be a dbag. I'm annoyed with the vibration, yes. But I absolutely love this phone. The display, the speed, the camera, etc. I'll live with it, but it's still annoying as piss and if you don't want to read about it, move on and quit replying with useless posts. Kthx.

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site

If it turns out to be a technical problem which affects other parts of the phone somehow (like screen gaps, or OIS ****up, whatever...) I am pretty sure Nokia will fix and replace the affected phones.

Mine has exactly the same noise, it's not smooth, but I don't really care if it's smooth or not as long as it keeps vibrating as it's designed to.
The two iPhone videos sound fine, one might sound louder, but when you compare it to ours it sounds like ours is falling apart.

Sure, think we're picky but it could be that we have an issue you don't.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations, since you don't mind it, I guess your input isn't really needed. You guys need to respect our opinions on it

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine sounds like an electric shaver turned on. There's a slight rattle, but I really don't know if this is normal or not, hard to tell. It's a lot different than my Samsung Focus was. I'll compare to my Wife's yellow lumia 920 when it finally arrives.

More videos of the problem/sound would be very helpful.

Last edited:

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

i'm sorry, but i think this is a dumb response. why put out a product that's less than perfect, esp. when it's something so easily fixed? i don't know about you, but i take pride in my work. no way i'd knowingly let something like this go just because it seems like no big deal. seems silly to have such a beautiful phone and have something like this blemish it even a little.

great phone, unfortunate rattle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett