Vibrate makes it sound like it is falling apart

dlrohm

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Same story as the 900s, about half experienced it

What came out of that? Did Nokia do anything or did the people who had the problem just have to live with it or go back to AT&T and take their chances on getting a unit that didn't have the problem? My last phone was a Focus S so I didn't follow the 900 problem.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged it 14 times in 30 days, the sales rep was really cool & I just kept doing it with him. Luckily, the final batch was good, if not, Nokia was going to get involved

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I turned my vibration off on my 900 when I heard the rattle. I recently turned it back on, and remembered why I'd turned it off. I never pursued anything with AT&T. I am disappointed to hear that the rattle is still there.

How does one test the rattle in store? I tried on a store display model, but couldn't figure out how to test vibration. Turning it on and off didn't accomplish that.

Kalle

What came out of that? Did Nokia do anything or did the people who had the problem just have to live with it or go back to AT&T and take their chances on getting a unit that didn't have the problem? My last phone was a Focus S so I didn't follow the 900 problem.

laserfloyd

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I've accepted it. Actually used to it now. In fact, I'd say it's more effective? I'm going to put a case on it eventually which will dampen it probably. Seems like the red one rattled a bit more. I swapped red for black because it was too glossy/slippery feeling. Matte is just mmm good. My wife has competition. ;)

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've accepted it. Actually used to it now. In fact, I'd say it's more effective? I'm going to put a case on it eventually which will dampen it probably. Seems like the red one rattled a bit more. I swapped red for black because it was too glossy/slippery feeling. Matte is just mmm good. My wife has competition. ;)

Lol don't accept it, Nokia is asking for us to email them about it

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I exchanged it 14 times in 30 days, the sales rep was really cool & I just kept doing it with him. Luckily, the final batch was good, if not, Nokia was going to get involved

How did Nokia get notified when you were working out the issue with the 900?

Where exactly did you read that they want us to email them about this?

And yeah, I want to know this too.

Last edited:

muhan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a 920 that DOESN'T rattle

Mine rattles loudly as well when vibrating. Does anyone have a 920 that doesn't rattle? Is there any point in trying to get an exchange?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss