MS Store purchase. Anybody bought it from there off contract?

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you tried ordering online by phone in order to price match AT&T? Just wanted to know if this was possible. Thanks!

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
No there isn't, but I was hoping MS would sell these as non-ATT models in their online store but I was hoping for too much. US & this whole carrier business blows...

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What is the advantage of buying it through Microsoft store as oppose to AT&T! It 920s are still locked and branded AT&T!

I heard from another website that the hacklers are working on the codes to do the unlocking but it seems tougher for some reason. hum??

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What is the advantage of buying it through Microsoft store as oppose to AT&T! It 920s are still locked and branded AT&T!

I heard from another website that the hacklers are working on the codes to do the unlocking but it seems tougher for some reason. hum??

AT&T is forcing me to sign up for contract; Microsoft Store isn't.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Well for me all the colors was readily available (except Yellow) as it seemed most ran to the AT&T store and gobbled them all up. Secondly, I had no issue buying off-contract, which some were having issue that AT&T stores was not allowing them to buy off-contract. Lastly, they know more about the phone and will give you a tour if your new to WP8.

Yes you are correct that your still locked through AT&T, but the experience with the Microsoft Store is better. I know for some Microsoft stores are not easily nearby so it's understandable.

teski

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well for me all the colors was readily available (except Yellow) as it seemed most ran to the AT&T store and gobbled them all up. Secondly, I had no issue buying off-contract, which some were having issue that AT&T stores was not allowing them to buy off-contract. Lastly, they know more about the phone and will give you a tour if your new to WP8.

Yes you are correct that your still locked through AT&T, but the experience with the Microsoft Store is better. I know for some Microsoft stores are not easily nearby so it's understandable.

This is a perfect summary as to why I went to the Microsoft Store. Add a horrible AT&T online experience to the mix.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No there isn't, but I was hoping MS would sell these as non-ATT models in their online store but I was hoping for too much. US & this whole carrier business blows...

No there is not which is funny because the box it comes in for ATT shows all the colors on the side with a sticker for which color you have purchased.

Sent from my White Nokia Lumina 920 using Board Express

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It's just ridiculous to me that I can't walk into an MS store here in Toronto and just buy an MS phone outright and unlocked.

What a complete joke.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If I call in my order (no physical MS Stores around here) will they price match ATT's $449? I didn't see an email or chat option, just ordering by phone.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

MS doesn't charge restocking fee
MS doesn't force you to sign a contract
MS provides a much better insurance for the phones. No deductibles or fees. If you break it, they will replace it no questions asked.
And MS is more knowledgeable about WP

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
If I call in my order (no physical MS Stores around here) will they price match ATT's $449? I didn't see an email or chat option, just ordering by phone.

Yes they will price match. I got my phone for $449 plus tax from the Microsoft store. I didn't even have to ask them to price match they already knew, but for some you might have to ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb