Does the Free Charging Plate work with Cases?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I can tell you with certainty from using Palm phones and the Touchstone in the past that it depends on the thickness and material of the case. You're not going to be able to get one blanket answer for this.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It *should* work with most cases. I was able to get just under 1/2" material between the phone and the charger before the connection got spotty.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah seems like the charging has about a 1" range or slightly less so unless the case is metal perhaps (not sure if that would screw with the induction, but I imagine it might) a rubber/plastic type case should be fine.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Works fine. Most likely any case made for this phone will be fine as Qi wireless charging is a standard and has known tolerances for distance from the charger in relation to charging efficiency.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Instead of a case in the general sense which it wraps around the back, why not a screen protector / case that wraps around the front? It would offer anti-glare properties or even a privacy screen which gives the Lumia a bit of cushion should it be, I don't know, dropped two feet above the ground as some poor guy is trying to climb out of his Honda Civic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon