Visual voicemail?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I open the phone app I get prompted to enter a Visual Voicemail password.

Except, I don't have a visual voicemail password, I've never used it before. Anyone have any idea what this is about or how to use it? Is it usually free/included in your plan or does it cost extra?

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I open the phone app I get prompted to enter a Visual Voicemail password.

Except, I don't have a visual voicemail password, I've never used it before. Anyone have any idea what this is about or how to use it? Is it usually free/included in your plan or does it cost extra?

it shouldn't cost extra. if they were going to do that to you they ought to be obligated to alert you that the feature costs money when you sign up.

visual voicemail gives you a list of your voice mails that you can click on to play the message, delete, call back the caller, and look at the caller's contact info.

it was annoying for me to set up, too. took me a couple of tries of resetting my password online (getting a text message with my new password) and a couple tries entering the password into the setup screen.

works good now.

- Sam

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I just called 611 and asked for help setting it up, the guy said to use my 7-digit (no area code) number. It turned out the passcode I was using for regular voicemail worked, and visual was a go!

That was one thing I was really missing from my iPhone, so glad I have it again (even though I use it solely for deleting voicemails faster. Seriously, send me a text).

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
to clarify visual voicemail is free.

You wont get it right away, you have to initially login to your regular type voicemail first with a pincode you made for yoru voice mail.

after that, it will prompt a pw for visual voicemail, enter the same code and you are done.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I ended up resetting the visual voicemail password online at ATT's website. They sent me a txt message that I was able to use to log into the visual voicemail system.

I never had a voicemail pin or visual voicemail pin set, so while I was able to use regular voicemail it never prompted me for anything. The prompt only came when I first pressed the 'phone' app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss