Question regarding AT&T 14 day return policy

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So as of now I am loving this matte black 920. But I am just wondering how the 14 day return policy works. If I decide I do not want to stick with the color before the 14 days is up, can I exchange and pay a restock fee? Or do you have to have some non aesthetic reason for doing so?

Frek

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What was explained to me was that I could return the phone for any reason within 14 days, but I'd be charged a restocking fee. So it doesn't matter what your reason is.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Restocking fee for a return, but what about for an exchange?

An exchange is not charged a restocking fee as long as you are exchanging it to the same color due to some manufacturing defect with your current device.

If you are exchange it for the reason you did not like the color, they would charge you the restocking fee.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Restocking fee for a return, but what about for an exchange?

Basically what I was wondering. I would assume they wouldn't mind considering they are still keeping your contract by doing so.

An exchange is not charged a restocking fee as long as you are exchanging it to the same color due to some manufacturing defect with your current device.

If you are exchange it for the reason you did not like the color, they would charge you the restocking fee.

The restocking fee is just like $25 though right?

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
It's $35 if you buy it from AT&T. (Disclaimer: I work in a COR AT&T store, but this post is all me).

BTW, I got a yellow one as my company phone today. Big Bird ain't got nothing on this love.
IMG_20121109_141715_885.jpg

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So as of now I am loving this matte black 920. But I am just wondering how the 14 day return policy works. If I decide I do not want to stick with the color before the 14 days is up, can I exchange and pay a restock fee? Or do you have to have some non aesthetic reason for doing so?
Shouldn't have canceled the original order man. My cyan shipped today finally.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Honestly, black and white sell the most no matter what the phone is...I hardly ever sold a cyan 900 because for the average guy, it was off-putting. Red should sell well here (I'm in Nebraska), but I don't know about cyan and yellow. They are available online, plus I can order them and have them shipped as well, just like any AT&T store.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I like the matte black with cyan tiles more. If the entire phone is Cyan I wouldn't really like having my tiles any other color.
I've heard this argument before. Sounds similar to the weight issue to me. But to each his own.

Hope you're enjoying the phone. Cant wait to get mine.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I've heard this argument before. Sounds similar to the weight issue to me. But to each his own.

Hope you're enjoying the phone. Cant wait to get mine.

How is it in anyway similar to a weight issue? One is a personal aesthetic taste, and the other is a physical claim.

I already have a surface with a cyan touch cover and a cyan wireless mouse to go along with it. If my entire phone was cyan, that much cyan might put me into a cyan coma.

Last edited:

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How is it in anyway similar to a weight issue? One is a personal aesthetic taste, and the other is a physical claim.

I already have a surface with a cyan touch cover and a cyan wireless mouse to go along with it. If my entire phone was cyan that might just cyan my break into a comma.
Lol yea I can see too much cyan getting kinda nauseating.

I just kinda meant its pretty much a non issue to me what color the very thin border of the phone is along with the tiles. But I'm not into fashion at all either ;)

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
It's $35 if you buy it from AT&T. (Disclaimer: I work in a COR AT&T store, but this post is all me).

@krisguy. I picked up my white 920 at a corp store yesterday and then less than 12 hours later dropped it and shattered the screen. Do I have to go through the insurance or can I take it into the store when they open? And either way, can I get the black matte one as a replacement so it isn't as slippery in the hand?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, black and white sell the most no matter what the phone is...I hardly ever sold a cyan 900 because for the average guy, it was off-putting. Red should sell well here (I'm in Nebraska), but I don't know about cyan and yellow. They are available online, plus I can order them and have them shipped as well, just like any AT&T store.

I think it all depends on location in many cases. Lots of guys (and gals too) are sports fans. Red would probably be a big seller in Nebraska (Cornhuskers), Ohio (Buckeyes/Cincinnati Reds), California (Stanford), Boston (Red Sox), Chicago (Bulls).

Cyan would appeal to folks in California (Bruins), Miami (Dolphins).

Yellow would be perfect for people in Pittsburgh (Steelers), LA (Lakers), Iowa (Hawkeyes).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes