Upgradability from Lumia 900

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a Lumia 900 (AT&T) in summer 2012. I am wondering if it makes sense to pay the off-contract price and get the 920 or skip a generation and go for the next one. The camera was good but after the latest firmware update, 900 isn't all that bad. The apps definitely load fast but I'm not sure if that's compelling enough reason considering the price I will pay for the upgrade. I am still contemplating so if anyone of you have any suggestion, I'll listen.

That being said, I handled the 920 at an ATT store today and I have to say, weight wise, it doesn't feel all that different from the 900. I don't understand the reviewers who called it a brick/tank/space-shuttle etc. The iCabal is crazy!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That being said, I handled the 920 at an ATT store today and I have to say, weight wise, it doesn't feel all that different from the 900. I don't understand the reviewers who called it a brick/tank/space-shuttle etc. The iCabal is crazy!
I disagree. Yes, reviewers seemed to have blown the weight WAY out of proportion, but that being said, there is definitely a noticeable difference in the weight of 900 vs 920. Once I took the 900 away though, the difference was much less noticeable.

If NFC features and Bluetooth file transfer and image stabilization, excellent low light pictures, 32 GB memory, higher resolution screen and WP8-only apps and some of the features and little/big improvements to the OS (such as fast resuming and loading of apps) are of no big deal to you, I say stick with the Lumia 900 - particularly if you aren't made of money and can't go around purchasing unlocked phones every few months :p

If you don't absolutely have to have all that right now, at least wait until the next batch of devices next year and buy yourself an unlocked device at the halfway point of your contract.

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I am a student. That explains my financial situation. Yesterday I was tempted to use my credit card to make the purchase but my better judgement took over and I didn't purchase the 920.

I develop apps for mobile platforms and the ability to use C++ is fascinating to me. I don't have much gripe with the camera, although I know the night time photography sucks on the 900. Daytime captures are pretty descent. I am lusting over the OIS though. Bluetooth file transfer is supposedly coming to the 900 courtesy Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven