Well, what do we all think?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the Lumia 920 everything you thought and hoped it would be? Worth the wait? Did your months of training prepare you for lifting it?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

ky Phan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Is the Lumia 920 everything you thought and hoped it would be? Worth the wait? Did your months of training prepare you for lifting it?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
I was hoping for a cyan for quite awhile...

ATT messed up on the pre-order

Waited in line like most people. I was the 1st to get a red 920.

Red was my 2nd choice and it's growing on me.

WP8 is a lot snappier than i thought it would be.

Just like some of the reviews suggested, apps load up fast. Not much lag in going from one process to another.

I'm impress. I hope microsoft keeps up the good work.

Congrats on a great device, Nokia.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Very happy. This whole ecosystem thing is sweet. Contacts and numbers were on my phone as soon as logged in with my Windows ID. Windows Phone 8 is a definite improvement over Windows Phone 7 and 7.5. Snappier, etc.

This is my first Nokia phone and I'm pretty impressed. The hardware is top notch, and the design is purty.

Definitely an improvement in sound quality when it comes to music, as well. No more of that horrible click sound when changing songs like on my Focus S.

Kudos all around.

randokam

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a black one today (it was the only one the AT&T store had - although that is what I wanted), and so far I'm impressed!

I think the reviewers out there really freaked out too much about its weight. While it does have some heft to it, it's not too heavy at all. That was the first thing I checked out when I walked into the store.

My only problem is that I forgot the micro usb cable it came with at work! Now I have to go pick one up tomorrow. The AT&T store I went to did not have the wireless chargers yet, but I will get one once they come in (I was told within a few days).

It was nice to see that all the employees were wearing Windows 8 Shirts! Especially after all the silence leading up to the release. The sales person who helped me was a Lumia 900 user and she knew her stuff.

Overall, I love the screen, web browsing on it is one of the best experiences on a smartphone right now IMO. Apps load quickly, and the OS is quick and responsive.

Even though I am a Windows Phone n00b, I was able to figure things out pretty quickly. +1 for the OS being intuitively designed.

So far I'm liking Nokia Music's streaming service. The sound quality is good, visuals are nice, and the library seems decent.

I upgraded from an iPhone 3GS, which has been without a case and super scratched up for quite some time. I'm hoping this 920 will last me about as long :)

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am in love with this phone. The screen is hands down the best I've ever seen. Apps are quick to load and change. Sound on headphones is probably the best I've ever heard on a phone, and we got an equalizer to boot (again, a first on phones to my knowledge). My only gripes are I would have sprung for a 64gig version. I could then move over my music library and not think twice about it. The other is IE. I've been having problems with IE on certain sites like Wal-Mart. Maybe I haven't quite figured it out, but I can't use the navigation links on the left side of the site.

longcipher

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This phone is insane -- so incredibly fast! The weight issue is an absolute joke. My Radar is heavier than the 920. I held both in hand and was surprised at how much heavier the Radar feels. I am still getting used to the size of the 920, it's definitely a statement. My only gripe is the screen. In the at&t store I compared it side by side with the 820 and started to have doubts about the 920. Then I smacked myself and bought the 920.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
One thing I didn't expect to notice as much is the speed of the LTE network. Compared to my Samsung Focus(3g), the Lumia 920 is screaming fast. And I already thought the Samsung Focus was fast!

Sonofdex

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving it so far. I had my girlfriend (she carries around an iPhone 4S w/ Otterbox all day) hold it, and she said it was light! :p OS has been snappy and some applications have been really great to finally try out. AT&T's service has also been good. My only complaint is that some applications from 7/7.5 will not work yet because the developers won't recompile. (Spotify, I'm looking at you. :straight:)

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
In general, I love the phone.

I am worried my battery is funk or something in the OS is kicking the CPU up high constantly. The top of the phone is very warm - hot enough to be uncomfortable during a call. I am resetting the phone now to see what happens.

Then, I can't get any earbuds I owned for the iPhone to work with the microphone. Even my Beats noise cancellation headset should work as it does on android devices. So I am thinking that my phone microphone input is also funk.

Not a great start....

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone. I can't stop picking it up and playing with it. I seriously just sit here and flick the start screen up and down because it feels so smooth and looks beautiful. I will not have sex for a very long time.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I definitely love my 920. Vivid screen, and I personally like the solid feel, makes the flash I had previously feel like a toy (which was similar in weight to the i5)

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Well other than sitting and wait for my L920 Red to arrive since I place ordered on 10/7. I'm sure I will enjoy my L920. Just that AT&T has to screwed up everything.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
loving it.

Only complaints I haven't resolved.

keyboard, should default back to letters after hitting space. My iphone did this, and its very intuitive that it is how it should be...

size, I have... "large" sized hands, according to motorcycle glove makers anyway. And there is no conceivable way that I can use this phone 1 handed... not without a strong chance of dropping it. I have to kinda cradle it on a few fingers and slide it around, no way I can palm it firmly and reach the whole screen with my thumb. With that said, its not a fault of the phone, its a fact of life for any 4.5" screen size and I AM loving the big screen, so its a tradeoff I will make.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It is a little heavier than I would like. There's an obvious difference when handling my Lumia 900 versus my 920.

The phone is really fast. Night pictures have been amazing. Day pictures could be better (hoping for that firmware fix). It gets a little warmer than my 900.

As for WP8, it's pretty much similar to WP7, in that there's so much promise, but some really frustrating things as well. I'm not sure why they changed it so that the volume controls don't turn on the screen when you're playing music, for example, and a bunch of other nitpicky things that I won't spend my time listing every one of.

And the app situation is terrible at the moment. WP7 Live tiles aren't crisp on the higher resolution display, a significant number of apps and games (even Xbox Live games, which you would think they would focus on) don't run, and things like the Wallet feature and TellMe integration are nearly useless right now because no apps support them.

Still, a lot of this will be fixed with time and software updates, so I'm glad I switched. The speed difference when browsing the web is almost enough in itself to justify it.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone - it is absolutely superb. Large, but not heavy. Fixed a bunch of things that bothered me in WP7. Fast, a ton of memory and great apps (thanks, Nokia).

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I love everything about it. I have yet to not find an app I wanted. Scorecenter and Angry Birds Star Wars is really all I need in life.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My Wife and I put two phones side by side last night, our Samsung Focus and my Nokia Lumia 920.

The screen difference is insane, the Lumia 920 is soooooo much crisper looking. We compared pictures, video, icons, etc. The Lumia 920 just wins hands down, there's no contest.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Very very happy with it so far. The camera is working very well for me, with nighttime shots above and beyond what I was hoping for.

Battery life is also much better than I thought it would be: after a few hours of moderate use including some camera shots it's still at 75%, if it keeps up like the first couple days then I'll easily be able to make it through typical days without charging until the evening.

The first of two things I missed going from the HTC One X to the Lumia 900 was the gorgeous screen, and this one is just as beautiful if not a smidge better, so that makes me happy.

The other thing I missed is beats audio (I like bass heavy music so it helped), and dolby digital plus the equalizer gives the 920 excellent sound as well, so that also makes me happy.

Performance is the best of any phone I've ever had, with virtually no slow downs or hitches of any sort, and the tweaks to Windows Phone 8 make it head and shoulders better than iOS or Android from my point of view. (The limited app selection being the only serious shortcoming in my opinion, and with luck that will be remedied with time.)

I love the feel of the phone in my hand and build quality is superb. Yes it's a heavier phone, but the only situation I think the weight would bother me at all is keeping it in a shirt pocket, other than that it's something I don't even notice. (Especially cuz I am NOT going to add any weight in the form of a case.)

It definitely is my fave phone ever. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes