11-20-2012 11:31 PM
29 12
tools
    Looks like a cracked phone. Seems a bit dodgy to me...

I'd also be careful of assuming that it will work on 3G with T-Mobile. 1700 MHz could be just for LTE, not HSPA+... and in that case, the 920 will technically "work" on T-Mo for calls and EDGE data only (slowwwwwww).
    11-20-2012 05:57 PM
    Did they send you guys your color of choice, or just a black one? I wonder... maybe expansys would do something similar? They still have the ATT "Unlocked" version on their site for $619. Or do you guys think they would just give me a refund?

Got a note from the Expansys folks that they are expecting their AT&T unlocked stock late this month or early next month. They are expecting them to be unlocked, but cannot confirm until they do the test themselves. They are expecting the unlocked, non-AT&T branded stock sometime in mid-December.

11-20-2012 06:25 PM
    Did they send you guys your color of choice, or just a black one? I wonder... maybe expansys would do something similar? They still have the ATT "Unlocked" version on their site for $619. Or do you guys think they would just give me a refund?
    The one I bought from GSM Nation was a black at&t unlocked to cuz it was cheaper. But I think they jumped the gun a bit cuz it turns out they couldnt unlock it. They are pretty transparent about it if you ask questions. They just bumped me to this, I bout the at&t one for 659. kept the free shipping they offered too.

As for the LTE bandsThey they already told me what bands it was supporting before they shipped it out. I think they updated the website too. They say their dev version was getting it but this batch from Germany (im guessing since its a german start guide) doesnt.

heres some pictures. They sent me an email with instructions on how to get it to work on T-Mobile. Apparantly if the mobile network setting is set to LTE it wont detect the sim. They didnt have to though. There was a little slip in there that explained it.

No 1700 apparantly my area isnt refarmed I guess :( but I suppose itll be up by the end of the year anyway so not to concerned.)

The lte bands

The LTE settings instructions

Edge only..

Im pretty tired got in late from work when it was here. Ill play around with it more tomorrow.

I apologize for the size of images. Not exactly a photo expert.
    Last edited by phonegeeks; 11-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    11-20-2012 10:33 PM
    It sucks there's no 1700 MHz bands for us on T-Mobile. However, I'm fine with that, as long as I can call and send texts. I don't have a data plan at the moment and I'm almost always in an area with wi-fi, so I'm fine with EDGE.
    11-20-2012 11:31 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD