AT&T Unlocked Lumia 920?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T unlocked? Not sure how that can be. Might be them misstating off contract.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Before ordering I would ask for confirmation and get in writing that if it turns out to be locked that they will pay for return shipping and waive any restocking fees.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That Lumia is international version and we all know that version will mostly the same with the AT&T is selling right now, however, the different is that AT&T version is locked into AT&T network, and this device is unlocked so we can freely use it anywhere. Even though it is unlocked, this won't work with T-Mo because it does not contains the 1700 Mhz. It is a typo on this version from GSMNation. Only the Roger or dev has AWS band.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess someone would have to contact someone from GSM Nation to confirm the bands.

They will probably say this is an mistake. As far as I know, dev and Roger are 2 devices that have AWS and both of them only come in black, so that other color won't be these. Second, their website has not been update since Nokia fixed the AWS band in their global specs sheet. GSM Nation once listed the device without AWS, after that, before the AT&T launch date, they changed it and included the AWS band. However, if you select carrier on the side drop box, it said everything working with GSM carriers in US but LTE is not working, even though it suppose to carry the LTE band of AT&T. Before that, I used that and it came out with all check marks on every carrier. So either this is a glitch in their system or their specs sheet is wrong.

m0rfyn3

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm from Brunei and I checked with GSM Nation about if it is really unlocked and this is their reply:

"The phone can only be fully unlocked or not unlocked at all. To that end all of our phones will work on all GSM networks worldwide including DSTcome and Bmobile."

I don't know, looks like a non-answer answer... Has anyone bought it from them and verified that it works outside AT&T?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm from Brunei and I checked with GSM Nation about if it is really unlocked and this is their reply:

"The phone can only be fully unlocked or not unlocked at all. To that end all of our phones will work on all GSM networks worldwide including DSTcome and Bmobile."

I don't know, looks like a non-answer answer... Has anyone bought it from them and verified that it works outside AT&T?

What we're all looking at these phones is the ability to use data in our favorite choice of network. Normally, voice will work if phone is unlocked and these phones are unlocked. However, this variant might not be able to use data with some carrier because it misses some frequencies.

gkkwp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got this email from GSM Nation. So, it sounds like they have AT&T Unlocked version

Hey everyone ! Thank you for pre-ordering the Lumia 920 from GSM Nation. We have some fantastic news for you. We are pleased to be the first retailer in the US to offer the AT&T unlocked version of the Lumia 920. This version sports the same capabilities as the international version and has a small AT&T logo on the top left of the phone. The Lumia 920 is now available on our website and we are offering free shipping anywhere in the world. Please note that when you place your order we will charge you the shipping but it will be refunded immediately as soon as the order is processed and shipped. The Lumia ships within 24 hours of orders being placed. Supply is limited and the phones are going out fast on a first come first serve basis for our many pre-orders. So get on it ! Your new Lumia is waiting here

------------
I have ordered one for me, I will provide an update as soon as my phone arrives!!
Can't wait anymore!!

gkkwp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone ! Thank you for pre-ordering the Lumia 920 from GSM Nation. We have some fantastic news for you. We are pleased to be the first retailer in the US to offer the AT&T unlocked version of the Lumia 920. This version sports the same capabilities as the international version and has a small AT&T logo on the top left of the phone. The Lumia 920 is now available on our website and we are offering free shipping anywhere in the world. Please note that when you place your order we will charge you the shipping but it will be refunded immediately as soon as the order is processed and shipped. The Lumia ships within 24 hours of orders being placed. Supply is limited and the phones are going out fast on a first come first serve basis for our many pre-orders. So get on it ! Your new Lumia is waiting here

------------
I have ordered one for me, I will provide an update as soon as my phone arrives!!
Can't wait anymore!!

so do you unlock att lunia 920 ?

I dont unlock. I got the above email from gsmnation.com and I have ordered a phone for me.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked AT&T phone? How is that possible?

I'm not familiar with the process of unlocking phones but I thought that AT&T had codes in their system that would not appear for another 6 months (judging from previous models such as the 900).

Just wondering if this means that there is a way to unlock off-contract bought 920's. ;)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so the price went up since yesterday to match the negri electronics price...
well, now its back to waiting for the amazon penny to drop :)
(still waiting gsm naation email to confirm its truly unlocked)

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

I found this btw.. website looks legit, not sure about the service.. I tried to E-mail them but no reply back yet
I got their reply that they cannot unlock the phone right now. Normally, they can unlock a phone within 24 hours after the purchase, however, they announced this for 5-8 business days for unlocking it. It seems that they are still finding a way to make this working. So I don't trust they can unlock it in a short time. Will wait until they announce a short time or somebody get successfully unlocked from their code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo