Lumia 920: should i get a case?

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I called Incipio to see if they'll release a Feather case for the 920, but they were sorta "wait and see" about it... :mad:

I loved that case on my iPhone - very, very minimal added thickness in exchange for very decent protection. I don't want armor - just a bit of a shield...

My guess is they didn't sell many for the 900 and they are wondering whether to invest in the tooling for the 920. (If anyone from Incipio is reading this, the answer is YES!!!!!)

Just so you now, I was at the Microsoft Store and picked up the Cyan feather case. I dislike cases quite a bit and never got one for my 900 but this case is amazing with little bulk and being Cyan, it goes very well with my phone. One can barely tell I have a case on and no longer on pins and needles when I hand my phone over to someone to look at it or when my daughter plays with it. Not sure if I will have it on all the time but definitely the best case I have seen in my opinion. weird thing is that I could not find it online to post a link. Must be new since I just purchased on Friday. It wraps around the phone on the sides with cut outs for the buttons on the side and the top and bottom are open. There is a slight gap on the top and bottom to ensure if its dropped that the phone is not exposed. I attached a few photos. And also compatible with wireless charging. WP_000659.jpgWP_000660.jpgWP_000661.jpg

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that feather case is pretty nice. But it does look a little chunky from the pics. Maybe it is an angle thing? I am liking that other case you have the on 900 though. If my eye hasn't deceived me, that looks like Nokia's official case, right? Wish they'd makes something like that for the 920. It's basically a color swap for your phone!

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
@ F2a. I could not find that case online anywhere including incipio's website.
@lord. It does at some bulk but its about at minimal as it gets for a case I would think. Also, it has a soft finish to it and adds grip. In regards to the 900, its my wife's Magenta 900 without a case at all. I just bought a White 920 due to her constantly bugging about wanting a White 920. She really wanted a Magenta 920 though.

Last edited:

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Lets be honest, if your phone falls on the floor flat with its screen, you are doomed. Any screen cover that at least protects the edges of the screen will be an extra safety feature worth investing in - even at the cost of extra milimeters of width.

e24mpwr

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Having had Incipio Feather cases before, their bulk is extremely minimal.

I'm in the Bay Area this week - going to see if the MS Stores here have any

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just so you now, I was at the Microsoft Store and picked up the Cyan feather case. I dislike cases quite a bit and never got one for my 900 but this case is amazing with little bulk and being Cyan, it goes very well with my phone. One can barely tell I have a case on and no longer on pins and needles when I hand my phone over to someone to look at it or when my daughter plays with it. Not sure if I will have it on all the time but definitely the best case I have seen in my opinion. weird thing is that I could not find it online to post a link. Must be new since I just purchased on Friday. It wraps around the phone on the sides with cut outs for the buttons on the side and the top and bottom are open. There is a slight gap on the top and bottom to ensure if its dropped that the phone is not exposed. I attached a few photos. And also compatible with wireless charging. View attachment 23647View attachment 23648View attachment 23649

how much did you pay for it?

ARVI_SD

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
incipio.com is the url. wait for it to be added to their online product list if its not already there. i purchased the same color feature case for 900 and it was good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss