looks like Otter Box for 920 is coming. Will it screw with the wireless charging?

Simple_WiLL

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
But not just the otter box. Will any case put on the 920 cause the wireless charging to not work? That would suck because even though the phone is big and tough, its still no match for the concrete. Would it be worth giving up wireless charging capabilities to protect the phone?? Or will there be a case offered that doesnt affect the qi at all?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've seen videos with the 920 wireless charging working with something in between it and the charger.

Not sure about an Otterbox though.

I think an Otterbox case may be overkill unless you're in construction or some filed where you may drop the phone 20 feet.

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox is one of the best cases out there....especially if you are in the field. I had a 4S in the otterbox and I cannot tell you how much that thing protected it. The phone looks like it just came out of the box where as the otterbox is beaten up.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I decided to try this out. I put a plastic cutting board (about 2-3x thickness of otterbox) on top of both the jbl speaker and the charging plate. Both started charging pretty much as soon as it was on top. I'd say an otter box is a safe bet. I can't say if the charging performance is impeded (i.e., time to charge), but it did fire right up.

WP_000143%20(1).jpg

image: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3FAD32BE06EB12D7!2195

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
That's good to know...as unsexy as an Otterbox is, by golly, it protects the phone...but I do believe it makes the screen look duller with the border of the otterbox around it. (I always take off that plastic screen cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs