Can i set up contacts and stuff before I receive the phone?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've seen people saying when they start up their phone its really easy to sync and all their contacts are showing up.

My phone comes on Tuesday. I have the Windows 8 release preview. Is there a way I can input all that info now so when I receive the phone it will sync all the contacts and music and stuff?

Do I need the full version of Windows 8?

Thanks

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The contacts are all pulled from you Windows Live ID. All you need to do is log into the hotmail/outlook on the web and edit your contacts there (I don't know how contacts are handled with Windows 8 PC OS, but I'm guessing contacts on there also sync with your Windows Live ID). It will all be automatically pulled to your phone when you setup the same Windows Live ID on your phone in the accounts section.

Also, WP8 will pull/merge contact info from your social websites as well, such as Facebook. You'll need to setup the facebook account on the WP8 for it to pull those contacts as well (note: This is not the facebook app, this is the facebook integrated into WP8 itself).

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've seen people saying when they start up their phone its really easy to sync and all their contacts are showing up.

My phone comes on Tuesday. I have the Windows 8 release preview. Is there a way I can input all that info now so when I receive the phone it will sync all the contacts and music and stuff?

Thanks
If you're new to WP8, then its a good time to organize your contacts via outlook.com

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. What about music? Do I just upload files to my skydrive? I only see three folders in there: documents, pictures, and public.

Last edited:

Wayne Crannell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

I'm coming from an iPhone and multiple Macs and Win 7 PCs all synced in different ways. What I did was dump everything into Google Calendars and Contacts. I got all my desktop machines talking to each other and all my accounts linked. When I got my 920, all I had to do was to add my Gmail account for personal info and my Exchange info for work. It actually synced beautifully. And as an added bonus, the Win Phone 8 sync app will pull music, photos, video, etc. from the iTunes universe and place them on your WP8 phone. This was a really pleasant surprise, I have to say. :happy:

elvisff

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Depends on what you want to do with your music. I have all my music uploaded to skydrive and was using sky music to play it, but the app is having problems with WP8. The skydrive app will allow you to play music as well, but it is a slow process.

If you are just looking to manually add music to the phone, you should just be able to store it on your computer normally. I've upgraded my computers to Windows 8 so I've been using the WP8 app to access the content of my phone. Moving content over is just a matter of adding it via the app.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd actually like to upload some music for streaming. I've never streamed music to my phone before so I'd like to try it out. I'm anticipating it'll take some time so it would be great to have it all uploaded beforehand.

What would be the best way to go about streaming music on the 920?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb