My L920 camera vs my mates SGS3 camera?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Evening,

Got this phone in the morning, absolutely love it, WOW screen!!!!

BUT comparing the camera to SGS3, L920 isn't good enough. Apart from using the camera in the dark without the flash, my mates SGS3 outdid it in all pictures, im absolutely shocked!! Pureview my ***!!!

Ive had windows phones since HTC touch days!!!

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There is an expected software update from Nokia about daylight quality issue.
being a bit of a photog ... i have done some testing with my 920 and its not all bad. i would agree that the out of camera sharpening and perhaps the saturation are not optimal ... BUT the reality is that it can be fix post camera.

im pretty confident Nokia can adjust the in camera processing to be equal or better than any other phone camera on the market.

the on thing that you have .... is Nokia backing the product so stay tuned for an update is my guess...

now with the low light and video performance... i doubt any other phone camera can compete.. the video is simply amazing...

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Meh, I have a gs3 and its in the drawer. Much happier with this phone. Camera is ok and video is amazing

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong but not that impressed with the camera.

I paid ?459 for the phone sim free so i expect everything to work the way Nokia promised out of the box!! Forking retards.

But the screen is amazing...

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong but not that impressed with the camera.

I paid ?459 for the phone sim free so i expect everything to work the way Nokia promised out of the box!! Forking retards.

But the screen is amazing...
hey man. they are very quick to get updates. I remember the Lumia 900 LTE issue and Nokia got that fixed in like 3 days and gave $100 free

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia confirmed that they will release a software update to fix a few things. Be happy Nokia notices the issue unlike another company that charges you a ton for 2 year old tech (that has a 5 on it) and when people have camera issues (purple hue), they blame it on you while waddling your cash.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You mean that phone that has a faster processor AND a better camera? Some people who live in lala land never cease to amaze me.

Lack of sharpening is not the reason the camera sucks. Lumia phones have been living in blurry-ville since the very first 800. It's been well criticized and frankly such an obvious flaw that even regular consumers will notice without it being pointed out to them. How they can continue to market their cameras as bleeding edge, much less 8MP, is beyond me. People keep on claiming some magical update will fix all these problems. The fact that it was released in this state already points to its limitations. No other lumia phone has gotten a magical update that fixes something of this magnitude. I hope no one is making their purchasing decisions based on a pipedream update. This is as good as its gonna get, take it or leave it.

Just for your info, i compared my L920 camera to the iphone 5 and the iphone was no match. Just the SGS3 has an awesome camera!

Definitely agree with you on the 'blurry' issue...

My old L900 had a shyt camera and we were all promised by Nokia an update would fix it but guess what it did jack all. I used fhotoroom app instead improved the camera images slightly!

dustin337

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope no one is making their purchasing decisions based on a pipedream update. This is as good as its gonna get, take it or leave it.

You obviously do not have a 920, or you would not be saying that. When you take a photo with the 920 you actually watch the capture on the screen magically go from a beautiful perfectly detailed raw image into a much softer jpeg image. It's painfully obvious that it is just a software issue, as you can clearly see what the camera is capable of right before the conversion.

I've made the switch from the iPhone 4s, and I am completely satisfied with this camera. The first thing I did was compare the two, and it definitely outperforms in most scenarios.

Here's one of the shots I've taken and edited with fhotoroom.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B444214FAF0878AF!142

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Guys come on you must be sick of the following process Nokia follows:

1) before releasing the phone, tell everyone about all the killing features and how superb they are!
2) release the phone almighty late
3) The features are not as good as promised to be
4) customers complain
5) Nokia responds "an update is coming"

FU Nokia!!!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Guys come on you must be sick of the following process Nokia follows:

1) before releasing the phone, tell everyone about all the killing features and how superb they are!
2) release the phone almighty late
3) The features are not as good as promised to be
4) customers complain
5) Nokia responds "an update is coming"

FU Nokia!!!

Well at least they do follow through and actually do give us updates.

Unlike HTC... *cough* Connection Setup app *cough*

If you really hate Nokia, then why did you buy one?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Has an update actually been confirmed?

I saw a post on here that some guy said was an email from Elop, but is that it? Or has there been an official statement.

Getting worried about the camera on this thing. You would have expected it to be released in a better condition.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Engadget confirmed that Nokia told them that a camera fix/update is in the pipeline.

I'm not sure how ling it will take, but I'm not that worried because Nokia has a pretty good track record of following through on things they say they will do.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

nano321

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Evening,

Got this phone in the morning, absolutely love it, WOW screen!!!!

BUT comparing the camera to SGS3, L920 isn't good enough. Apart from using the camera in the dark without the flash, my mates SGS3 outdid it in all pictures, im absolutely shocked!! Pureview my ***!!!

Ive had windows phones since HTC touch days!!!
Post some compariosn pics, other wise hard to trust you. Lumia 920 is better than SGS III in most of the daylight pics. There are many shootouts done to show that. Clarity and exposure wise Lumia 920 is much better.

Lumia 920 vs SGS III camera shootout. Daylight pictures posted. Make your own opinion :). ? Nokiapoweruser

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how ling it will take, but I'm not that worried because Nokia has a pretty good track record of following through on things they say they will do.
That hasn't been the general trend for the past 10 years, but... it might be better now with the Lumia line. I remember them fixing the connectivity issues with the 900 very quickly, and they did provide a camera update later on.

The thing with the camera is that it has potential.. they are not extracting 100% out of the hardware, which is very strange for Nokia... they usually maximize the hardware. So.. there is room for improvement for sure.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Personally i don't think an update would make much difference.

But the screen, speed and build quality is simply awesome!! In these depts SGS3 doesn't stand a chance.

Sometimes i think we fail to give credit where its due. SGS3 was released just before mid year 2012 and the camera is still better than most devices now including L920 IMO.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Im not making stuff up to bash Nokia but this is the second time I've been disappointed! Firstly with 900 now 920.

When we wait for so long for a phone that has had the worst launch ever and then we pay a a hefty fee of ?450 for a sim free (wtf still locked) then i have a right to express my feelings towards Nokia.

Someone needs to get a wet fish and slap it across S.Elop's face so that he wakes the fuk up and stop BSing the consumers!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers