4G on all the time, instead of LTE

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yah mine did too first day, after they gave me a new sim with ported number, its been stuck on 4G. So something is up with this. My data plan is LTE and I asked AT&T and they said my account is setup correctly (They are pretty clueless on things though).

It took me 5 minutes to explain to the rep that my visual voicemail isn't working and she kept asking me to press and hold 1 and listen to my voicemail and then when I told her I did, she would tell me she isn't sure what I am asking for. It was after being put on hold a few times that it was fixed.

If visual voicemail isn't working then I don't think your account is setup correctly. Att ties lte and vvm together.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It is working, just the rep didn't seem to understand what visual voicemail is and kept thinking it's just voicemail. Eventually they got it working. But I ma still stuck in 4G

If visual voicemail isn't working then I don't think your account is setup correctly. Att ties lte and vvm together.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Happens once in a while with my L900 esp when moving from a poor reception to a LTE area.

Just power down the phone, then power on. Works all the time.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Update to this. I just used online chat tech support and told them the issue. It seems someone finally knew what they have to do. The rep asked me to power off the phone and remove the sim card. Then put it back and power on, he said to turn off wifi as well but LTE was on when I powered back on. I had restarted my device many times, turned off data and back on, airplane mode on/off .... etc but nothing worked.

It is clearly something on at&t side that they had to do.

CyberExorcist

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Update to this. I just used online chat tech support and told them the issue. It seems someone finally knew what they have to do. The rep asked me to power off the phone and remove the sim card. Then put it back and power on, he said to turn off wifi as well but LTE was on when I powered back on. I had restarted my device many times, turned off data and back on, airplane mode on/off .... etc but nothing worked.

It is clearly something on at&t side that they had to do.

I followed your lead. The rep wanted to try a bunch of stuff, I just asked if I could take out the SIM and hit it with whatever they need to do. Slapped the SIM back in, rebooted and LTE is now working as it should.

Thanks,

920Eric

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to report that my 920 has been exhibiting the same behavior. I have not seen LTE once on my phone since I got it on Saturday. Only 4G. Going to stop by the store I got the phone from to see if they can help.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I don't think it's a problem with the phone. Just tried putting my SIM card into my old 900 and it stays on 4G now as well.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tony,
Do you know what the fix was? I am a brand new AT&T customer, so my SIM was brand new.

Thanks in advance,
Eric
If you switch your sim from phone to phone it will cause this and you'll have to call AT&T and have them properly provision the data plan. Same thing if you are coming from a regular phone, or 3g phone to an LTE data plan.

Anyhow, ATT did their thing, I restarted phone and LTE showed up.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Some of you should state where you are located, especially if you're new to AT&T. Some may not have the LTE coverage in your areas.

920Eric

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Some of you should state where you are located, especially if you're new to AT&T. Some may not have the LTE coverage in your areas.

Well...I feel pretty stupid. I just assumed that AT&T would have full LTE where I live. Coming from Verizon where I had 4G LTE 90% of the time, I was so used to seeing LTE that I just thought something was wrong.

Perhaps I should of did this first (the red mist of wanting the 920 clouded my vision :p ) but I just took a look at the LTE coverage map for my area. Only 4G HSPA+ is available around here.

So yeah...carry on. Don't mind me. ;)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well...I feel pretty stupid. I just assumed that AT&T would have full LTE where I live. Coming from Verizon where I had 4G LTE 90% of the time, I was so used to seeing LTE that I just thought something was wrong.

Perhaps I should of did this first (the red mist of wanting the 920 clouded my vision :p ) but I just took a look at the LTE coverage map for my area. Only 4G HSPA+ is available around here.

So yeah...carry on. Don't mind me. ;)

No problem. Figured in the case of those coming from Verizon. Only difference though is that hspa+ is faster than Verizon's 3G network. IMO, that's a positive.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What exactly do I need to ask att to do when I call?
The att rep swapped my sim card from my 900 to 920 and I've never had lte since. The 900 on a new sim card has lte.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What exactly do I need to ask att to do when I call?
The att rep swapped my sim card from my 900 to 920 and I've never had lte since. The 900 on a new sim card has lte.

exactly what I told them. that I went from a 900 to a 920 and the same SIM was used and I haven't seem LTE since. If it's been over 24 hours you could try to turn it off and on and see if it kicks in. If not, call.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have LTE now.

Called support and had them swap the SIM card to the new one that came with the 920. I don't necessarily think that was necessary but it may have caused a reset in their system to allow my phone to connect with LTE.

malik2k1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys!

I'm on Rogers and picked up a Lumia 920 Dev Kit and popped in my Lumia 900 sim and my 920 has been stuck on 4G since. When putting the sim back in the 900, LTE works!

I've spoken to Rogers and had a really helpful tech support agent but we weren't able to resolve the issue. He was hesitant to send me to tier 2 support as my phone isn't an official Rogers phone and they would probably blame it on that and hang up.

Either way, is there any body out there who can help or even someone using a dev kit version on Rogers that can help?

Thanks in advance guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb