Received a strange alert on my phone

KissMyConverse

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I received a alert on my 920 that said something to the affect of "someone is trying to share content from tagr.com" and then it gave me the option of allowing it or denying it. I probably have the exact wording wrong but it is fairly close. I have not really gone online much with my phone, because I have been busy since I got it. I think this website may be the only one I've gone to besides windowsphone.com.

Any ideas about what that may have been?

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I received a alert on my 920 that said something to the affect of "someone is trying to share content from tagr.com" and then it gave me the option of allowing it or denying it. I probably have the exact wording wrong but it is fairly close. I have not really gone online much with my phone, because I have been busy since I got it. I think this website may be the only one I've gone to besides windowsphone.com.

Any ideas about what that may have been?

The sample NFC tag does this

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would try two things.
Turn off NFC reboot the phone and turn it back on. If It still pops up then Soft Reset your phone.
Turn the Phone OFF Hold the Volume Down button on the phone and plug it in. (it will then start to boot) Continue to hold the Volume down button until you see a ! on the screen then release the volume down button the phone will soft reset and you won't loose any of your data.

See if that clears it up. If not call AT&T or your wireless service provider.
newfiend~
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

anon(4745364)

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I keep receiving this alert. It pops up at random intervals. I can't make it stop. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Hi Audrey, the same thing was happening to me, I was getting the alert and had no clue what it meant. Long story short I realized that It was because I kept putting my phone on/near the box it came in which had that Nokia NFC paper in it.

Is that or another NFC tag near your phone?

cunnipa

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Nice. I just got this message and was somewhat alarmed at first. Turns out it's because I set the phone down on the box it came in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos