01-06-2013 01:24 PM
32 12
tools
    Black 920, bought Fri at 9:20 am, took it home, re-downloaded my apps and fine tuned everything and was absolutely loving it, then i remembered the NFC card that came in the box and thought I'd give it a try, screen froze, couldn't do anything, none of the buttons did anything, screen stayed that way for approximately six min. then the screen went black, tried to turn on no luck, plugged in charger, nothing, left on charger all night and tried in am and still nothing, i basically had a brand new $450.00 paper weight, very VERY unhappy, took it back to at&t store, they tried for about 10 min and couldn't get it to do anything, they finally gave me new one, so far so good, but really afraid to try the NFC thing again, anyone else tried the NFC thing?
    I was going to, but I won't now. :lol:
    11-11-2012 01:07 PM
    Got mine yesterday and have had no issues. Hopefully it works out for everyone because this phone is very awesome when it works perfect!
    11-11-2012 02:38 PM
    I've had a lot less lock ups when limiting the amount of apps I install.
    I've only installed a few apps, but I've been playing with the phone a lot and my phone hasn't crashed once.

I suspect you're on the right track, I'm thinking 3rd party apps that haven't been updated fully yet may be to blame more often than not here.
    11-11-2012 03:58 PM
    I've only installed a few apps, but I've been playing with the phone a lot and my phone hasn't crashed once.

I suspect you're on the right track, I'm thinking 3rd party apps that haven't been updated fully yet may be to blame more often than not here.

I'm not sure about 3rd party apps as mine crashed on the way home from the store (using Bluetooth phone I car)
    11-11-2012 04:10 PM
    Got mine Friday. Mine just locked up. Gets hot while charging, not sure what caused it. Hope it isnt a reoccurring issue.

I was trying to play Draw Something and Words with Friends, both horribly ported games by the way, so who knows, maybe that had something to do with it. Zynga should pull these games as far as im concerned. Yes, they are playable to a degree but they are so poorly done, they should be pulled until they do it right. Unacceptable as far as im concerned.
    11-11-2012 08:16 PM
    Please post in this MS thread so that MS can see it's a problem everyone is having. Thanks!

8X Reboots - Microsoft Community
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    11-13-2012 01:00 PM
    To everyone with a Nokia Lumia 920 experiencing screen freeze ups and the touch screen either not responding randomly ,or acting as if, it has a mind of its own, here is my experience with these issues. First of all,when the device works,it works beautifully and I had returned two of the Lumia 920 units and now have the 3rd one,before I finally figured out what I believe was the problem,in my dealings with the device. I believe in the three strikes and you are out philosophy. And I really liked this phone from the beginning, so I was reluctant to just give up on it so easily. Here`s what I finally figured out after messing with 3 of these gadgets. I most recently noticed that,most every time the screen would become unresponsive, it was while it was plugged in and charging. When I would disconnect the charger,the screen would once again become responsive with no more freeze up. Next time yours freezes up or your touch screen becomes unresponsive, take notice, are you plugged in,charging the phone ??? I hope this helps, best wishes.
    01-06-2013 01:24 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD