Is anyone not complaining about their 920...

WPman2012

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Best Phone Every For Me and My Family

We have been using the Samsung Focus and Focus S for the last 2 years. Before that we had the HTC Tilt. The 920 brings a new and exciting experience to mobile phone and is more like a mobile computer in your pocket. It runs much faster than the Focus and the display is vivid and beautiful. The outdoor pictures and video that I took on Saturday at the park are amazing for a camera phone. The home screen really does allow you to make the phone yours. It give you what you want to see or access fast. I did enjoying having the option to pop in a battery on the Focus and always had a couple of spare batteries with me. Not sure what the trade off when they designed the 920 and the thinking behind the none removable battery. This is the only thing that I will need to learn the new way of managing my power usage , but that is minor concern for me. I still went out and got 2 more 920's this weekend for my wife and daughter. Both you had not put the phones down yet. Oh and the call quality calls sound very clear and have much better connection at home. We did stop and the ATT store and saw the HTC 8s but it was thin on the edges and had a very plastic feel and look, plus the Nokia map apps and City View app and worth the phone alone. Don't let the Fruits and (Clones) cloud your mind, see the phone and use it for a couple of day it, you will love it and be happy with your life.

zagsfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Coming over from the iPhone 4 I have had no issues. Battery life is good, no dead pixels, no noises that sound like it is coming apart, ect. Reading the forums here I don't want to jinks myself though. It is too early for my to give my final verdict on the phone, but so far I like it.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
... besides me? :p

When a product comes out the people upset are the most vocal. There only a few ways to say you like something, but a million to say you dislike something. .

Plus we got a lot of new posters complaining about problems because they probably wanted to see if it was just them.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Going to say I'm complaining. There are too many things that really should not be going on in this phone, and I'm strongly considering returning it and going back to my Lumia 900 til they are fixed. Here's the list:

1) Strange battery. For two days, no problems. Today, with no use, it's at 67% without any use.

2) Xbox music is ... awkward. When I go to songs and hit "Phone" instead of "All" and hit the shuffle play button, it should not be pulling from all.

3) Xbox Video is broken. Can't get any videos to play on my 920 without "cannot get usage rights for this media" Everyone is having this problem.

4) Messaging is broken. I'm getting no notifications when I get a new message.

5) GPS might be running a lot in dumb scenarios. Try going to the Me Tile and the location dot pops up. There's no reason for it to keep running in the background if I hit the Start button, but yet, there is it. Assuming it's just sucking down battery the whole time doing GPS stuff while it's there. Driving/Maps GPS, sure- I can understand that running in the background, but the Me Tile? Just dumb.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Huh, thats odd, idk maybe yours just needs some more "break in time"

I just got back from att. The lady called in support for me. They say from dead, expect it to take no more than 4 hours. Mine has proven ~2 hours more than once now. She also said if you have apps open in the background it will take longer too. I didn't know hitting the back arrow closes everything... Or that it would make a difference in charging, but apparently it does. Also, all the display units made the same clunky noise as mine when I shook them. I don't think I have a faulty device anymore. Thank God ( you know I had to return my first surface, and then my second one, do to factory defects...)

As stated before, most of the "complaints" around here are from people trying to make sure they aren't alone. I'm not upset knowing it takes a while to charge, or that shaking it vigorously makes a noise- as long as my phone isn't a dud.

zolgi

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Going to say I'm complaining. There are too many things that really should not be going on in this phone, and I'm strongly considering returning it and going back to my Lumia 900 til they are fixed. Here's the list:

1) Strange battery. For two days, no problems. Today, with no use, it's at 67% without any use.

2) Xbox music is ... awkward. When I go to songs and hit "Phone" instead of "All" and hit the shuffle play button, it should not be pulling from all.

3) Xbox Video is broken. Can't get any videos to play on my 920 without "cannot get usage rights for this media" Everyone is having this problem.

4) Messaging is broken. I'm getting no notifications when I get a new message.

5) GPS might be running a lot in dumb scenarios. Try going to the Me Tile and the location dot pops up. There's no reason for it to keep running in the background if I hit the Start button, but yet, there is it. Assuming it's just sucking down battery the whole time doing GPS stuff while it's there. Driving/Maps GPS, sure- I can understand that running in the background, but the Me Tile? Just dumb.
:D Switch that location off in people settings.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
MOST people aren't complaining about it. Think about how many people here have one...and how many have posted complaint threads?

The thing is, most people don't post a thread to say "everythings fine with my phone and I really like it"

BTW, everything is just fine with my 920 and I really like it. ;)

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The phone itself is a 10/10, it exceeded my expectations (which were very high) and is a joy just to hold and look at.

WP8 is a 7/10, while it improved a lot the biggest problems still exist and really makes you wonder when is MS going to wake up. Biggest problems? Multi-tasking, apps, customization, and functionality. Biggest advantages over other OS? Performance, battery life, Bing (My favorite feature by far), Social integration, beautiful interface, Office, and SkyDrive.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a black one for my wife yesterday. She loved it and I used the opportunity to test a few things, since I am STILL waiting for my pre ordered red 920 (see, there is something to complain about after all :)/ From my perspective it is a great phone. I love the HW and I love the SW. 10/10 overall.

ticopastor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Coming from 5 years of iOS. I really don't miss my iPhone. :)

Ditto. Still getting used to the OS, but I find I like live tiles better. Only issue I have is with Bluetooth and my F150 Microsoft Sync. I can make a call, but as soon as the person picks up it goes into privacy mode. I have to click the Bluetooth button off and on in the phone to make the conversation happen over my car. I need ford or Microsoft to fix that annoying problem.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well today will be my first day using it. I charged it up last night and got all my apps on it and have it all set up. So hopefully I can add my name to the list of those without any complaints :)

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving mine so far. Sure, it's not perfect but no device will cater 100% to a specific person's needs. I came from an iPhone and even though I liked iOS, I still had to jailbreak it to get certain features. Hopefully Nokia and MS push out appropriate software updates to keep up with the more common complaints/issues. I'm not deep into Apple's ecosystem so that was no problem for me. I'm also not a huge app person so what's available in the MS store is more than enough (although I would love to see Instagram or Google Chrome.)

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i dont have any complaints.....mainly because i dont have the phone yet. not bothered it hasnt shipped yet i just placed the order sun night. ill have it eventually

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm enjoying with Samsung Epic 4G with several cracks on my screen. Good thing is there are no dead spots and can use the phone for another 2 more weeks possibly

Kelly Prophet

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
... besides me? :p

Love mine. There are some minor gripes with WP8 (very minor) and had a bad experience with Nokia Drive+ Beta (beta app, can't complain too much..). But for the phone hardware itself - lovin' it.

Like anything consumer related - people are more likely to take the effort to communicate a grief than they are praise. Especially on a place like a community forum such as this - where people are coming to see if they're the only ones and hopefully gain a resolution or knowledge on the issue they are experiencing.

kurt ammons

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
good

I've had an ok. Exp. Its my first time with Nokia, and att. Left sprint sold my gs3 and paid350 to come to att and Nokia. And extra 60 a month single line. For me it was a top of the line WP and better service and faster speeds than sprint.( travel for work and need data and service, everywhere.)

love the high quality camera, screen, the size and weight, wireless charging, Nokia exclusive apps, and best phone specs out. (except quad core but who needs that really)

but the first 2 days battery was amazing. Then with no apps open full lte or WiFi and not even using battery would lose 60 percent in 3 hrs.
the screens colors would lighten up and something needs a few secs to return to normal.
the camera went green on me a few. Times and had to reset.
and sometimes cannot turn off screen have to reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99