Is anyone not complaining about their 920...

rceballos10

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
No complaining about the 920, just Microsoft the many incomplete issues and apps, main one right now is the Xbox music and file transfer.

I'm transferring music and a lot of it is not transferring the album art? Any answers?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my new 920. I've had several people come up to me and comment how good the phone looks and about Windows Phone 8. It feels amazing in the hand, definitely not too heavy and the screen is ... wow. I'm looking forward to the camera update whenever that comes out, but the low-light stuff is amazing.

I've not had a problem with bad battery life or heat issues as some are reporting, but I'm trying to keep the battery above 30-40% anyway as I've heard doing this will make sure you get the most life out of it.

A happy customer.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Showed mine to a friend last night and he complained "it looks the same as WP7, they haven't changed anything"
Seeing as he has an iphone 5 I had to laugh while pointing out how much ios has changed visually since it launched! ;)

the iphone 5 hasnt changed much from iphone 4. the OS is just like back in iphone 3G. boring icons.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I really like this phone - best phone I've used in a long time.
No battery issues - in fact the battery life has been amazing.

No complaints whatsoever. Except I can't put it down.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving this phone, the screen is amazing! The changes to the ease of access settings are very welcome. The tiny text size on WP7.5 was a deal breaker for my partner and drove her to a GS3 but now she is looking to get an 820.

The only niggling problems I have are the vibrate which sounds faulty compared to my old Lumia 800 and I still cant select 'all' emails to delete at once.

Odog4ever

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you check if there are any background apps running?.. I heard that Nokia Drive runs in the back ground and drains battery.

Yeah, I disable Drive from running in the backround when it keep giving me directions after I had left my car. I was like WTF is that noise? LOL (Drive wasn't in my recently open apps either extending my momentary confusion)

sinistar25

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Really liking the phone overall. Awesome screen, fast and responsive, and NO it is not too heavy lol.OS very fluid.Only gripes I have is LONG charging times and screen/phone case gets very hot. May get an exchange and see what happens.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Love the phone overall. I'll be headed back to the store to make sure my clunking noise is typical for this phone. I dislike how long it takes to charge. I plugged in my surface and 920 up last night at the same time from dead batteries (920 had a wall charger, not usb to the surface). 60 minutes later the surface was full and ready to go, 920 was at 49%.

Literally the only thing I don't like. Everything else is amazing. I've used multiple android, BB, web os, and iOS devices. WP8 is the best hands down.

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope!

I love mine (android convert), My wife loves her (blackberry curve convert), my son loves his (android convert).

My only little annoyance stems from the fact i am coming from an unlimited plan from sprint, to a 3GB plan at AT&T and there isn't an easier way to toggle the data & wi-fi on/off without going into settings.

Last edited:

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Love the phone overall. I'll be headed back to the store to make sure my clunking noise is typical for this phone. I dislike how long it takes to charge. I plugged in my surface and 920 up last night at the same time from dead batteries (920 had a wall charger, not usb to the surface). 60 minutes later the surface was full and ready to go, 920 was at 49%.

Literally the only thing I don't like. Everything else is amazing. I've used multiple android, BB, web os, and iOS devices. WP8 is the best hands down.
my i ask, what clunking noise? none of the 3 i make a clunking noise.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just turned in a LG Optimus G for this and have to say that I am very happy.

Interested as to why you chose to turn in the LG?

This was my "second" option - but previous experience with all three platforms made me still move towards the L920 - (Completely done now with iOS, Android is still a bit of a fragmented mess (best is the Nexus line - which the Nexus 7 is an awesome tablet for the price - but still has it's own issues)).

For me the ultimate decision was the price: $99 for the phone and charger was too hard to pass up.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
my i ask, what clunking noise? none of the 3 i make a clunking noise.

Try shaking it up and down or side to side. Other people have said that theirs do it and it's just the camera. Others have told me their returned, defective unit did it and their new one doesn't make quite the same noise. So I can't really tell if there's something wrong with mine or not.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I love mine (android convert), My wife loves her (blackberry curve convert), my son loves his (android convert).

My only little annoyance stems from the fact i am coming from an unlimited plan from sprint, to a 3GB plan at AT&T and there isn't an easier way to toggle the data & wi-fi on/off without going into settings.

There's an app called network dashboard, by purity consulting, pinable to start, just what you're looking for. And no, I'm no associated lol, I've just used it and it works great.

h4ck3d

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

It took long for the phone to charge when i first got it, Once it was fully charged it lasted me from friday night to this morning with like 30% left, i plugged it in about 20 min ago and its almost fully charged.

I absolutly love this phone, I had a Titan before this one, and I had a Surround before that. This is hands down the best windows phone I have ever owned. ( I bought the red 920)

Funny thing is a stopped by my old computer shop i used to work at, and all my buddys there have iphones, I showed them my phone and i couldnt get it back lol, 2 of them were thinking of switching to ATT to get this phone. ;)

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It took long for the phone to charge when i first got it, Once it was fully charged it lasted me from friday night to this morning with like 30% left, i plugged it in about 20 min ago and its almost fully charged.

I absolutly love this phone, I had a Titan before this one, and I had a Surround before that. This is hands down the best windows phone I have ever owned. ( I bought the red 920)

Funny thing is a stopped by my old computer shop i used to work at, and all my buddys there have iphones, I showed them my phone and i couldnt get it back lol, 2 of them were thinking of switching to ATT to get this phone. ;)

I got mine the minute the store opened on Friday. I've given it two overnight charges now and it doesn't seem to be getting any quicker :(. Battery life has been great though. My ip4 (after two years use) gave me 3 hours of web browsing. I've been on mine now, without the screen going black once, for about an hour now and I'm at 97%. Pretty good if you ask me.

h4ck3d

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I got mine the minute the store opened on Friday. I've given it two overnight charges now and it doesn't seem to be getting any quicker :(. Battery life has been great though. My ip4 (after two years use) gave me 3 hours of web browsing. I've been on mine now, without the screen going black once, for about an hour now and I'm at 97%. Pretty good if you ask me.

How are you charging the phone? Wirelessly? Through a wall outlet? Through a PC?

and I would agree with the battery life, Between friday night and sunday morning, I was installing/using apps, texting, calling people, playing music via bluetooth in my car, web browsing, using smartglass for netfix(because I feel like a bad *** doing it via the phone lol)

I will say the last 2 WP7 devices have had really good battery life, **** even my HTC Tilt 2 running 6.5 was pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes