no way to fast forward/scroll through music?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
after adding a bunch of music to my phone, I went to play it and found that there is no way to scroll through a song (by sliding the progress bar or anything). Sometimes I listen to recorded things that i want to fast forward to a certain point, but I can't find a way to do this.

Iviansour

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
after adding a bunch of music to my phone, I went to play it and found that there is no way to scroll through a song (by sliding the progress bar or anything). Sometimes I listen to recorded things that i want to fast forward to a certain point, but I can't find a way to do this.
Hold the "Skip to Next Song" button ( >> ) Doesn't that fast forward the song?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, press and hold the skip button to fast forward. Press and hold previous button to to rewind.
bummer...there goes any desire I have now to listen to recorded dj sets a friend of mine sends me... :( he most often tells me "start at 47 minutes in" or something like that.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
bummer...there goes any desire I have now to listen to recorded dj sets a friend of mine sends me... :( he most often tells me "start at 47 minutes in" or something like that.

Bummer? Why? He just told you how. Tap the forward or backward button to skip the track or go back... HOLD the forward or backward button to fast forward/rewind. It's that simple.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Bummer? Why? He just told you how. Tap the forward or backward button to skip the track or go back... HOLD the forward or backward button to fast forward/rewind. It's that simple.

My bummer was for this reason.

Have friend DJ a club in Boston. He sends you the 3 hour mp3 of it but says he doesn't start mixing until about an hour and a half in.

Would be easier to scroll the progress bar directly to an hour and a half in, VS. holding the fast forward button and watching it scroll to that time wanted. To be honest, I said "bummer..." before I actually tried that out, so maybe it scrolls faster than I think.

Not a big deal, but just a feature I wish the phone had. I am not going to go posting about how ****ty the phone is or anything. I absolutely love my Nokia and coming from a mac user here (macbook, macbook pro, iphone, ipod, itunes), that is saying a lot to switch to "the dark side" with a Windows Phone.

Will just take some getting used to that's all.

jaycraig

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I share your wish for a scroll bar. I asked this same question in another thread, apparently I wasn't alone. Maybe it will be added down the road in an update. It seems like a simple thing to include in the media player.

Toani

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Music scrolling

Yeah this sucks. Come on, this is a basic feature.
I want to go to minute 35 without waiting 35 minutes.
Also, how about resuming the reproduction where you last stopped?
There should be at least an app that does all that.
I still like my phone.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this sucks. Come on, this is a basic feature.
I want to go to minute 35 without waiting 35 minutes.
Also, how about resuming the reproduction where you last stopped?
There should be at least an app that does all that.
I still like my phone.

Mine resumes when i exit the app and go back to it. So does video. Podcasts and movies i sync. By pressing play of course lol. Anyway, it seems like microsoft remembered a lot of those simple things, but like ios, they forgot some, too. Sucks, but we'll never have everything I guess. Only android will and I just hate their UI.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yea, no need to cover for MS, this really sux. Well the app sux as a player anyways. hope they bring a proper player soon.

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe they didn't put scrubbing as an option...I really hope they patch it in because I'd say its pretty annoying. Also I want an orientation lock please.

YCSMD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. They need scrubbing. Its almost as ridiculous as the people defending it not being there
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

philsound71

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
yeah, the FFWD and RWD work, but not well - especially when trying to find something specific and use small movements - like you can with a scrubber. I switched from an iPhone to a 920 (love my WP8!!!), but if you have never used the scrubber in the iPhone/iPod/iPad, it has a really great function that when you use the scrubber and pull your finger down the screen, it slows down the scrubber to 1/2 or even 1/4 speed to fine tune your search. This is essential for long files like the OP has.

BTW, using long files, you're better off syncing it as a Podcast as podcasts remember your last time in a file, even if you turn off the phone. I found out this tip for listening to audiobooks :).

Cheers!

Karffe Ofcourse

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes! This is BIG USELESS THING IF YOU LISTENING THE LARGE SONG (HOURS AND MORE...) I MISS SOMETHING LIKE TIMELINE TO TOUCH SLIDE... LIKE IS THIS ON iOS or APPLICATION ON ANDROID. WP IS GREAT OS BUT THIS IS TERRIBLE:crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99