My 920's audio/speakers are terrible?

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Man, people give the most general responses even when concerning a specific issue type. So your ringtones are fine, ey? Mine too. How about the aforementioned issue which is concerning the message notification tones? :p

If you goto your setting->ringtones+sounds->new text or IM-> and repeatedly press play on the "Windows Message" Or "Nokia Message" you will hear them occasionally stutter

also, I love that meditating dog.

The ZennyBoy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My 920's speakers sound just fine. No crackle or anything. I played the Nokia Tune Remix (check it out in your ringtones, lolol).

Last edited:

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Man, people give the most general responses even when concerning a specific issue type. So your ringtones are fine, ey? Mine too. How about the aforementioned issue which is concerning the message notification tones? :p

If you goto your setting->ringtones+sounds->new text or IM-> and repeatedly press play on the "Windows Message" Or "Nokia Message" you will hear them occasionally stutter

also, I love that meditating dog.

40 presses of Nokia Message and no stutter or crackle for me.....still pressing.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be better to post if you have an AT&T branded phone or not. Seems the international non LTE phones are not affected from what I can gather.

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a popping/crackle sound coming from the speakers when I adjust the volume when playing local music. It doesn't happen when listening to streaming stuff on Nokia Music. I also don't notice anything from ringtones or alerts. The popping is noticeable above level 20 and happens when adjusting the volume up or down. If I put it all the way at 30 and hold the volume up button I can hear it happen around 2-3 times per second.

Moocowdeluxe

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a cyan AT&T model and have not encountered this, and tried manually playing some short tones and could not reproduce it. The 920's speakers are the loudest and clearest I've ever heard on a smartphone.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the crackle at the beginning of text chimes. Music and ringers are fine though. Odd.

Same. I find it interesting that sometimes I can go about 15 text chimes before the random crackle. Its really unpredictable and very subtle. My friend says he can't even hear it in the OPs video.

Leonardo Acquisti

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my lumia 920... it is very frustrating!
summarizing:

- notifications are crackling through the speaker
- notification are not crackling through the headphone
- in phone music is crackling through the speaker
- in phone music is NOT crackling through the headphone
- streaming music is not crackling
- metrotube videos are not crackling
- taptitude game is not crackling (also tried other games)
- xbox extras is crackling a lot

I don't know what to think about!
It seem a software related issue to my eyes!

I don't understand why some people have not the same issue!

What we can do??? wait for an update or bring the phone to the assistance?

Last edited:

cbuckthree

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
FYI only.

I have a launch day black 920 purchased through ATT. US Model.

I have had no crackling sounds. I downloaded the xbox extras apps and the sounds seem fine to me at 25/30 level.

Hope this helps you track down the problem.

Leonardo Acquisti

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a 920 at my local AT&T store. They didn't have any 8x to compare and I'm impulsive. Lol. Well going through the ringtones I noticed that they stutter for a split second and crackles if its a long ring tone. Doesn't matter what volume. Happens every text message also. Music doesn't crackle but just doesn't sound good. My Samsung Focus sounds better.

Anyone else have the same? It also rattles when it vibrates.

did you solve the crackling sound issue???

kantFTW

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd jump in with my $.02.

We have two 920s in my house, both at&t branded. My SO's is white, mine is red. I tried playing sounds on both.

The white one plays sounds perfectly, every time. The red one crackles intermittently on notification sounds and Xbox Music. I do not hear the crackle with Xbox Music over a headphone jack, but I do hear it from notification sounds over the headphone jack.

I did a reset on my phone and the crackling seems to be gone; it's not crackling on anything anymore.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so today I finally noticed dust in my camera so I returned. Same sound crackle. It is super subtle but still there again. Meh. This stores displays all crackled. OP and all affected, we just have good ears. I'm convinced. Even the friend who claimed his was perfect finally came over and it did it.

Oh I also notice after a reset it takes a lot of chimes before it starts the glitch. Meh. Not the worst problem but I'm convinced its not hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon