Need help from people in UK

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I recently purchased Lumia 920 from Phones4U(EE). Is it normal for the settings on the phone to say that the active network is "sim not valid"?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like EE haven't activated the SIM yet. I'd give it 24 hours, and if it still says the same, take it back and start asking questions!

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like EE haven't activated the SIM yet. I'd give it 24 hours, and if it still says the same, take it back and start asking questions!

I just went to EE and they said that they won't be able to help me because I didn't bought the phone from them. That's stupid. So I went to Phones4U, they rang EE, told me that the sim is still in queue for activation(bought the phone last friday). OH GOD.

Ricardo Lopes

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just went to EE and they said that they won't be able to help me because I didn't bought the phone from them. That's stupid. So I went to Phones4U, they rang EE, told me that the sim is still in queue for activation(bought the phone last friday). OH GOD.
Hi, I also bought my Lumia 920 (EE) from Phones4u last Sunday (yh, it's been 4 days!) and I get the same "SIM invalid" message. Do you still have the same problem, or has it been solved? If so, would you mind sharing what the problem was? Thank you, Ricardo.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I rang P4u yesterday and sorted out my order for a red 920 and the guy on the phone said it could take up to a week for the Sims to swap.

Torpis

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I phoned EE and got them to activate it for me - they wanted my contract number and phone number, linked the two and then it was done.

rr373

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got it from Phones4U in Westfield. The activation was done in 4 hours and they said it might take up to "24 hours". I also had my number ported from Vodafone in less than a day. Its worth calling them again and have it sorted. The only issue I have with EE is lack of windows phone 8 app to monitor your data usage. They say, an app should be released soon though no ETA.

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just for future ref, with all EE sim cards they require a manual activation because they manually activate the 4G reception thing to the sim.

I have an Orange UK sim and works from the off :)

ElDeano

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Apparently a load of the black Nokia 920's have the wrong firmware on them that mean they won't activate with a 4G EE SIM. You need to call the shop where you bought the phone and they'll do an exchange. The problem is that if you want another black one you're going to have to wait and they weren't able to tell me how long.

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
On my 7th day now and still not connected(did a sim swap last 15th of November). They said they will cancel my contract if the sim isn't still connected on Monday. Sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte