I tried to get a free charging plate at my AT&T but they didn't have any, couldn't even purchase one. I got an 'IOU' for it, we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I was curious.. could you plug in your Lumia with the wire and then put it on the charging plate? Would it charge twice as fast? Seems like that would.. work.. right? Anyone try that out? lol.
    11-11-2012 09:26 AM
    I tried to get a free charging plate at my AT&T but they didn't have any, couldn't even purchase one. I got an 'IOU' for it, we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I was curious.. could you plug in your Lumia with the wire and then put it on the charging plate? Would it charge twice as fast? Seems like that would.. work.. right? Anyone try that out? lol.
    Nope. There is no way to plug the phone into the plate.
    11-11-2012 09:40 AM
    Nope. There is no way to plug the phone into the plate.
    No I mean, take the charging cable and plug it in, then rest the phone on the plate. Twice the power, right?
    11-11-2012 09:57 AM
    No I mean, take the charging cable and plug it in, then rest the phone on the plate. Twice the power, right?
    I think you are more likely to burn out the battery or over heart the phone.
    11-11-2012 10:01 AM
    That's a good point, I wonder if that's something that should be included in the manual under "do not attempt" section.
    11-11-2012 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD