Your thoughts on the wireless charging plate?

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So, I'll be honest. The wireless charging thing wasn't a big deal to me at all when I decided to get a Lumia 920. I would have still ordered this phone without it. But, I've been pleasantly surprised with how much I like using it. Before, if I was going to set my phone down somewhere, I wouldn't bother plugging it in to a charger unless it was night time, or I absolutely had to. Now, I find myself setting it on the charging pad a lot. I can't describe why. It's just so easy, and feels awesome to not have to fumble with a cord. As a result, my phone is almost constantly topped off. I love it.

How do you guys feel about it?

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have not got my Lumia 920 yet, but yesterday i had my Nokia C2 on charging and someone called. I picked up phone and totally forgotten that my phone was plugged in to charger and it just went flying of from my hand when cord pulled tight.

That would not happen if you have wireless charger :) I am definitely buying one when prizes go bit down.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Im hoping I can get one from Nokia since I didn't get one when I purchased the phone (Best Buy). If I can't get one from Nokia, I'll just buy one. I think they sound awesome!

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I do not have the free Nokia one yet, but I've been using an Energizer Qi charger and I like it a lot. It's nice to just set it down and it makes it easy for my wife to charge my phone if she notices it's low and I'm not near it. :)

Gladstoner

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My views are the same. I use it for my alarm and charge it every night. Its nice to not have to fiddle with unplugging it every morning or ripping out the cord if I'm not fully awake.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I havn't gotten one (or even a Lumia 920 yet, not available here yet), but when I do I plan to change my recharging habits. Before I recharged every night, but now I think I'll just put the wireless charger on my PC desk, that is in the very center of the apartment. I can simply just put it there to top the phone off whenever I'm not going anywhere. During nights I'll just probably have it unplugged at the night stand and when I wake up, top it off again before leaving.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So it is a hardwired US power plug? That is sad to hear, don't think I'll be getting one then since I travel too much.

Nothing a simple adapter wouldn't fix. I don't think a USB cable draws enough power to charge the phone well, at least it didn't in my car. While using things like GPS and music streaming the phone eventually ran out of juice even while plugged in.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since the store I purchased my 920 didn't have any more flat charge pads, I got $50 off one of the stand up chargers. This is what I really wanted from the start, so that was a break for me.

The first couple days have worked out great. It seems to do a good job of charging. My 920 doubles as my alarm clock so when I wake in the morning, I haven't had problems getting the phone disconnected and silenced. This is sort of a big deal for me since I can sometimes get up before I'm really awake.

The stand has a white light on the base (not very bright as to be distracting) to indicate that it is still charging. The plug looks to be a circular connector that I can't recognize. I was a little surprised by the size of the charge plug, but it's design mean you can still use the other plug on a standard 2 plug wall socket. The stand also has the NFC tag in it and I've verified that it does pop up on the phone when you tap it. If you just place the phone on the charger, it does initiate the NFC (just when you tap the top of the phone to the base of the charger).

Love the stand though and my wife decided that she wanted the same type. We'll probably just pick up an extra one and use the flat plat in the kitchen. Love the wireless charging.

Gladstoner

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
WP_20121111_005.jpg

not hardwired

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'd like to know...

Can a thin case be used and still used wireless charging? I would liek to have somehting minimal... just one of those hard plastic wrap-arounds.

I wouldn't have thought so, but seeing the demos where they had special tables and were able to charge through them makes me think maybe it will work?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Loving the wireless charging as well. Im using the energizer charging pad, but Im looking forward to picking up a Nokia one for when I'm at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss