Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this flex issue at the top of the device on a Cyan one I was buying at the Oakbrook MS Store. As the girl was setting up my account I noticed it and called it to her attention, she swapped the device out for a different one that doesn't have this issue.

You weren't the only one, personally I'd exchange it.
My black one does this too. And I have what looks like a fingerprint (cloudiness) on the insidesurrounding the earpiece.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Having studied all the postings on this board and I am amazed by all the defects/errors. My 920 has none of these defects/errors with a battery life that even amazed me (1 Day 20Hours). I have switched off the NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi and Apps that run in the background I only sync/push email every 30min across two accounts. This is and an amazing phone :)

Overall I'm extremely pleased with mine. Going to test tonight to see if its just a glitch with the wireless charging that locked my phone, charge by normal plug in.

Mr_Hassie

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ff camera got dust on inside. And some weird stuff on screen that disappears when cleaned with tissue but reappears when touched with finger, it is not a scratch. Maybe adhesive from manufacturing? Anyways im exchanging it tomorrow as only 1 week old.

Oh and Hai. New to posting but not new to reading :)

phillyninja

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Settings > Speech > Set it for Bluetooth and Headsets instead of just Bluetooth.

I'll bet that addresses your issue. I use this feature VERY frequently.
Thanks! that fixed it... i must have figured that out on my trophy a long time ago and forgot. Now if I can figure out how to get music to this phone over the crap windows 7 sync software (I have been using zune pass)... Has anyone used the windows 8 xbox music app to sync music? Is that actually usable compared to this crap they gave us for windows 7?

I might have to get a surface ASAP because right now it is crazy difficult to get music organized and over to the phone

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Admittedly, I got angry and ended up using good old fashioned Windows Media Player. A lot of my music is Zune Subscription Pass, and Xbox Music doesn't want to recognize a lot of it for some reason.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen this issue posted elsewhere, wondering if it's unique.

When I first got the phone, I was driving around a lot, and of course used my nifty new phone.

The GPS would find me, find directions, and show it all in Nokia Drive, but the GPS would never update my position. Turn by turn navi obviously didn't work, because the phone seemed to think I was always at my starting position. It also occurred sometimes in the middle of following directions; that is, randomly in my trip, it just stopped following me, telling me I was 4 miles away from next turn for 20 minutes.

It occasionally corrected itself and jumped back to following me.

Anyone else?
Same problem here.

Update: A simple reboot of the phone corrected the issue. Happy camper here as my phone is working perfectly now and have none of the other problems listed in the thread. Glad it was not a hardware problem. Nokia drive is still a bit flakey at times (froze up on me) but seems to be more stable in 2d mode (may just be coincidence or may actually be buggy in 3d, don't know but it is beta).

Last edited:

muhan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought that too, but then I saw the spot fills up with live notifications (ie new text message).

Wow that's a very good observation that I did not think about.
However, I feel the better solution would be to move up the whole home screen a bit and have the notification toast overlap the top a bit since the notification toast only lasts a few seconds.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Asking here since no one has really discussed whether this is normal or not. I really do hope its a software issue and not hardware:

Do your text tones occasionally crackle randomly (any volume)? When I get a text the default tone will sometimes just crackle mid-chime. I can also replicate it when I goto sounds and just play the "message" tones myself. It crackles 1 out of like every 4 times.

Thaaaaaanks

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Asking here since no one has really discussed whether this is normal or not. I really do hope its a software issue and not hardware:

Do your text tones occasionally crackle randomly (any volume)? When I get a text the default tone will sometimes just crackle mid-chime. I can also replicate it when I goto sounds and just play the "message" tones myself. It crackles 1 out of like every 4 times.

Thaaaaaanks

yes my HTC Titan did this, though my Sammy focus did not.

My music does not do it, nor my ringtones, just my alert tones (SMS) seem to do it. I'd say its software because the distortion is always at different times and sometimes none at all.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone reproduce this on their 920?

Headphones on. Listen to music, 15+ volume. Now try taking a picture. Keep camera vol on in settings. Take 2-3 quick shots. Does your playback stop? Can you listen to it again? My playback stops and I can resume it but no sound. Only a restart helps.

Chippius_nl

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my speakers make a soft clicking sound when the keyboard comes up (especially when searching in app store) or when I swipe the lockscreen up. Even when all sounds are off. Anyone noticed this?

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
yes my HTC Titan did this, though my Sammy focus did not.

My music does not do it, nor my ringtones, just my alert tones (SMS) seem to do it. I'd say its software because the distortion is always at different times and sometimes none at all.

I couldn't remember if my Titan did it, but yea same issue. Music and ringtones are flawless but the text tones are inconsistently crackling. Thanks dude. Hope others chime in as well.

dhruvz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
One very major bug i read somewhere is that the Lumia 920 wont switch off when charging. It restarts instantly. And when i plug in the charger when the phone is switched off, it just starts. This is kinda undesirable in my opinion.

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One very major bug i read somewhere is that the Lumia 920 wont switch off when charging. It restarts instantly. And when i plug in the charger when the phone is switched off, it just starts. This is kinda undesirable in my opinion.

A major bug ? - I think that it is done to do that ... Why do you want switch off when you are charging ? - sorry, but I do not catch the point ...

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

That is not a bug, or even exclusive to Nokia. My Focus Flash WP7 did the exact same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077