Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my speakers make a soft clicking sound when the keyboard comes up (especially when searching in app store) or when I swipe the lockscreen up. Even when all sounds are off. Anyone noticed this?

.... rat's ***....and I thought my 920 was bug free.

I noticed this with mine as well. My wife's red 920 does not do this. It sounds as if the speaker is clicking or popping when it receives power before producing the sound.

Mine also pops and clicks when changing the volume during playback over the speaker. I can reproduce it so I'm going to the AT&T store today for an exchange.....

:(

EDIT: they better have stock too or all be :mad:

sleewok

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with the screen at the top of the device "flexing" or clicking when squeezing (from back to front, like pincers)?

I was watching a movie on Crackle for about 40 minutes. My lumia got hotter than I had experienced before. Now my screen depresses. It doesn't do that anywhere else around the device. Just at the top. I'm wondering if I should swap it for another device?

Rug

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this exact same issue. Phone was working flawless (no other issues), and this started happening. I have the White 920 through ATT.

I have a serious issue I have not yet seen yet. As of a few hours ago, it seems my 920 activates the proximity sensor whenever I make or accept a call, regardless whether I have the phone close to my head or not.

I cannot actively end a phone call because my screen is locked and black.

I've managed to hit the "end call" button in a 1/4 or 1/2 split second when it appears if I press the power/screen lock button twice in a row, but it's very touch and go.

Has anyone else had anything like this?? I'm really really annoyed.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this exact same issue. Phone was working flawless (no other issues), and this started happening. I have the White 920 through ATT.
I had mine replaced today because of the very same issue. What helped for me (and others, see Nokia Support Discussions - Proximity sensor doesn't switch off - Lumia 920 - Nokia Support Discussions ) to try to blow out the dust from the top edge very hard. But this only helped for a day or two and then the issue re-appeared.Seems to be some combination of dust under the screen glass and a too sensitive proximity sensor...

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had mine replaced today because of the very same issue. What helped for me (and others, see Nokia Support Discussions - Proximity sensor doesn't switch off - Lumia 920 - Nokia Support Discussions ) to try to blow out the dust from the top edge very hard. But this only helped for a day or two and then the issue re-appeared.Seems to be some combination of dust under the screen glass and a too sensitive proximity sensor...

Balkan Eddy

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ff camera got dust on inside. And some weird stuff on screen that disappears when cleaned with tissue but reappears when touched with finger, it is not a scratch. Maybe adhesive from manufacturing? Anyways im exchanging it tomorrow as only 1 week old.

Oh and Hai. New to posting but not new to reading :)

Yeah i have same problem at first i thought i scratched the screen so i wiped the screen and the scratches went away, but as soon as you put some grease over them they appear again.
Its very visible on black screen under lighting, so it must be some factory defect looks like a sticker was there at the manufacturing or something cause the lines that appear are square like from the sticker.

The quality controls on this phones looks awful.
Wondering how many phones are like that and people dont realize since on the cleaned screen you cant see them, just when you start using the screen and put some finger grease they appear.

And was just saying how lucky im that i have no problems in a previous post.

I really want to like this phone :(

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the proximity sensor issue, have not had the problem but saw someone else state that their problem was just due to dust/dirt obscuring sensor.

cacb90

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's a very good observation that I did not think about.
However, I feel the better solution would be to move up the whole home screen a bit and have the notification toast overlap the top a bit since the notification toast only lasts a few seconds.

I agree. At least it does have a purpose. My guess is that it would be difficult to differentiate between tapping the toast and tapping the top tiles, so they added the space to accommodate separating the inputs.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i have same problem at first i thought i scratched the screen so i wiped the screen and the scratches went away, but as soon as you put some grease over them they appear again.
Its very visible on black screen under lighting, so it must be some factory defect looks like a sticker was there at the manufacturing or something cause the lines that appear are square like from the sticker.

The quality controls on this phones looks awful.
Wondering how many phones are like that and people dont realize since on the cleaned screen you cant see them, just when you start using the screen and put some finger grease they appear.

And was just saying how lucky im that i have no problems in a previous post.

I really want to like this phone :(

I had this same issue and returned the phone for a new one today. I also had the chassis flex that others had described. The ATT folks were very kind and willing to swap out for free.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest you call the Customer Care and tell them the issue. They will reset the SIM to the NL 920 and everything should work fine. They will ask for the SIM # at the back of your SIM card and the phone IMEI#.

You should be good to go.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.
that issues has to do with the iphone and it's imessenger.

to test it... put the sim in the lumia and have the iphone connected to wifi.... your messages will still go to the iphone.

retyler

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain
Some people are reporting that their battery power is drained after just a few hours. Solutions: make sure only background apps you intend to run are actually running; close out of apps when you're not using them by pressing the back button; let the phone go through a few charging cycles; Nokia Drive running in the background is a common culprit - look out for the accompanying icon and be sure to close out of it and other apps properly.

I'm sorry, but this is not the solution. I have tried two different phones now, both black, and both have had problems with the battery. I have done the following:

1. Disabled all background apps (I only had 4 apps running in the background)
  2. Disabled NFC
  3. Turned on Battery Saving and tried all settings
  4. Turned on Airplane Mode
  5. Restored to factory default and applied all the above (no, I did not restore my settings; I restored as if I just received it)
  6. Restored to factory default and not open a single app (no, I did not restore my settings; I restored as if I just received it)

I have a friend who bought his on the same day at the same store, but several hours before I did and he has two to three times more apps running in the background, roughly 6 email accounts sync (4 every 2 hours and two every 30 minutes), NFC turned on, WiFi active, Battery Saving set to "When battery is low", and was able to use his through out the day doing text, email, app browsing, Internet browsing, and games; and still maintain a long battery life. Where mine battery would be dead after 6 hours of just sitting on the desk or in my pocket not even being used with no apps running or even been started for the first time.

In the last two, 5 and 6, mean not even the Nokia apps were opened or the Microsoft store. Only text messaging was used if at all. Gmail was not hooked up either.

There is a problem with the some of the Nokia Lumia 920 phones; most likely a large, bad batch was shipped.

retyler

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

You need a new SIM card.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You need to disassociate your number with your iMessage account.

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with raised glass on the sides of the phone? You can clearly notice it when you press down. It flexes. On the left side, it makes a very slight pop...also happens when pushing in the center of the screen. Will be comparing it to the in store display before my 14 days are up.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit I didn't read all of this thread, so if this was already mentioned, then just add one more instance of the issue.

If I plug in my vehicles aux cable before starting music playback, music will come out of the phones speakers rather than send it to my stereo. I can simply unplug and plug the jack back in and it will switch over. It doesn't happen every time. I reply back if I find a more repeatable scenario.

raysin

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The proximity sensor is really pissing me off. It is absolutely ridiculous that you cant end a phone call or even be allowed on the call screen. It's all black and you cant even get on it.

earle36

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
I had a problem like this - tried everything....what finally worked for me was disabling the data connection (settings -> cellular -> data connection off) then turning it back on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)