02-04-2013 04:56 PM
81 1234
tools
    Tried using compressed air to blow dust out from the headphone jack, but i still have dust in the front facing camera. Not that it matters too much since I don't use that camera...
    01-08-2013 04:39 PM
    Has anyone noticed the dust affecting their pictures? I don't usually take self shots but I took some samples to see if the specks showed up. I couldn't see anything.
    01-08-2013 06:06 PM
    for some people dust on FFC is a serious matter for some not..but ultimately if dust block the sensors than it's big fail.. Nokia Care advised me to visit them instead of chaning the device.. also I feel shy changing the device as I have already did it once. I am going to live with it and will blow Air in it or will visit Nokia Care in case problem got worse.
    01-09-2013 07:24 AM
    All gone where????........deeper into the phones innards of course.......panic people.
    I didn't know dust was so dangerous! **** we should panic!!

RUN EVERYONE!

</sarcasm>
    01-09-2013 12:01 PM
    Sigh. Never had this problem with my GS2.

edit: added a better picture.

http://i.imgur.com/c6OJN.jpg
    I find that Samsung is the only company that bats 1 for 1. Might be because they make a gajillion phones every year and know every manufacturing technique in the books.
    01-09-2013 12:12 PM
    You guys are very funny indeed.
    There is a simple and real solution to prevent the dust come into FFC.
    Just put the 3.5 jack stopper into the jack socket and that's it. No any dust in you phone!
    You can buy it on ebay.
    01-09-2013 03:56 PM
    How do u know if u have dust in the ffc?
    01-09-2013 04:10 PM
    Just put the 3.5 jack stopper into the jack socket and that's it. No any dust in you phone!
    You can buy it on ebay.

Just looked on ebay but all i can see are 'bling' stoppers, are plain, discreet black ones available i wonder?
    01-09-2013 04:55 PM
    The problem is that its not coming in from the headphone port. Its coming in from ether the ear peace or where the lcd panel meets the case. there is a small opening going all around the screen that dust gets in.
    01-09-2013 06:02 PM
    01-10-2013 03:51 AM
    The problem is that its not coming in from the headphone port. Its coming in from ether the ear peace or where the lcd panel meets the case. there is a small opening going all around the screen that dust gets in.
    Yeah, this is the main problem. Getting a call from Nokia today to arrange collection of my 920 - they refuse to do a straight swap for a new one until this one has been back to them three times which, unless they can deal with the design flaw in the product, is going to happen by April/May judging by how quickly mine went wrong.

The big problem is that this dust will screw up your proximity sensor eventually and then you won't be able to hang up your calls very easily as the screen will remain black during a call, even when you take the phone away from your ear. That's why mine's going back.
    01-10-2013 04:04 AM
    I should be getting my L920 today. All these threads are really worrying me :-/
    lol...dunt read threads. Forums are for people with issues with their whatever devices. Its like speaking with your girl freind's paretns about your girl friend, before marrying her:))

well..you would probaby end up not marrying her :))
    Hunaid Udaipurwala likes this.
    01-10-2013 05:06 AM
    I am having issues with the sensor and also got dust in my FFC, so I guess this is the problem. Gonna walk into my Vodafone shop nearby in the next few days.
    Yesterday my sensor started freaking out completely. When I was talking to someone, and pulled the phone away from my head, the screen remained turned off. I was not able to hang up, or do any other screen operations during a call. Walked right into my VF shop and will get a new phone by tomorrow. GREAT SUPPORT.
    But I will keep an eye out for the dust issue on the new device...
    01-10-2013 06:38 AM
    You can buy it on ebay.
    Tried an iphone stopper plug today but the phone thought i had the headphones plugged in and silenced the ear speaker.
    irvin792 likes this.
    01-10-2013 01:04 PM
    Has anyone noticed the dust affecting their pictures? I don't usually take self shots but I took some samples to see if the specks showed up. I couldn't see anything.
    I cleaned mine with compressed air, and yes, afterwards the pictures were much more clear.
    01-10-2013 01:14 PM
    Tried an iphone stopper plug today but the phone thought i had the headphones plugged in and silenced the ear speaker.
    same here
    01-10-2013 01:23 PM
    Try with silicone/rubber stopper.
    01-10-2013 03:10 PM
    Try with silicone/rubber stopper.
    The plug i tried was plastic. (non conductive)
    01-10-2013 04:45 PM
    Mine was white silicone
    01-10-2013 05:12 PM
    Kuturgan.......I've just also ordered this one........i assume it doesnt silence the earpiece?
    01-10-2013 05:20 PM
    The stopper will not help.
    01-10-2013 05:27 PM
    I'm thinking they all make the phone think it has headphones plugged in.
    01-10-2013 06:07 PM
    my rubber stopper is not messing up with the headphone jack, but i doubt if all dusts come from there. I'm also trying to buy a canned air to blow those existing dust, just hoping the sensor works well. again.
    01-13-2013 12:41 PM
    I have cut the tip off one of my foam expanding earplugs (i use when i'm riding my m/cycle) and pushed it (gently) into the jack where it seems to sit nicely and can be hooked out when necessary. It remains to be seen whether the dust enters via the jack or via the earpiece slot situated below.
    01-13-2013 01:08 PM
    It's not just those areas where it gets in - it's also the tiny gap that some 920's have between the screen and the case. You could see fine dust in that gap on mine which was removed/moved by blowing on it.
    01-14-2013 07:04 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD