Day 2 - Already have dust under front facing camera

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Only had mine for just over one week and i've just noticed specks of dust in the ffc..........really disappointed as the phone is performing perfectly regarding all other reported faults. I'm within the 14 day return period so i think i'll return it and come back to the 920 in a few months time when, hopefully, the problem is resolved.

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just an update, I used to blow out the dust via the headphone jack pretty regularly but now there is dust that just won't get blown out. So, it's just getting worse as time goes on.

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh God.. just disconvered now on my Lumia920..... I was happy till I haven't discovered it....I don't know if this is the same case with many people or only with White Lumia

anon(5332690)

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
And again: the problem is not the FFC, but the proximity sensor which is nearby and also getting dusty, when this stuff spreads. Or even other components deeper in the phone (u can't be sure, since you can't open it).

I am having issues with the sensor and also got dust in my FFC, so I guess this is the problem. Gonna walk into my Vodafone shop nearby in the next few days.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried using compressed air to blow dust out from the headphone jack, but i still have dust in the front facing camera. Not that it matters too much since I don't use that camera...

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the dust affecting their pictures? I don't usually take self shots but I took some samples to see if the specks showed up. I couldn't see anything.

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
for some people dust on FFC is a serious matter for some not..but ultimately if dust block the sensors than it's big fail.. Nokia Care advised me to visit them instead of chaning the device.. also I feel shy changing the device as I have already did it once. I am going to live with it and will blow Air in it or will visit Nokia Care in case problem got worse.

Kuturgan

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You guys are very funny indeed.
There is a simple and real solution to prevent the dust come into FFC.
Just put the 3.5 jack stopper into the jack socket and that's it. No any dust in you phone!
You can buy it on ebay.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You guys are very funny indeed.
There is a simple and real solution to prevent the dust come into FFC.
Just put the 3.5 jack stopper into the jack socket and that's it. No any dust in you phone!
You can buy it on ebay.

Just looked on ebay but all i can see are 'bling' stoppers, are plain, discreet black ones available i wonder?

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that its not coming in from the headphone port. Its coming in from ether the ear peace or where the lcd panel meets the case. there is a small opening going all around the screen that dust gets in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo