Day 2 - Already have dust under front facing camera

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sigh. Never had this problem with my GS2.

edit: added a better picture.

c6OJN.jpg

Last edited:

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they won't give you any problems exchanging it for a new one. Anytime a new product comes out some of them are inevitably faulty. That said, it sucks when it happens to you.

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the bright flash really bring out all the dust. I can't even see all that dust without a flashlight. I try to clean my pockets before I put the phone in but looks like it had some dust in there.

CamelBak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now that you mention it, I found that my Lumia 920 has dust in the front camera as well. It doesn't look like its as bad as yours but I figure its only been 2 days and it can only get worse. Ugh I'd rather not replace it because I just got everything the way I like it!

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have already gone through two black Lumia 920s in the last 3 days due to dust getting under the screen. I swapped it for the red one so far I don't see any. I love this phone but if they don't offer a fix or if Nokia will offer a correctly sealed lumia 920, we may be in that category of "sucks when it happens to you"

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably wait to see if it becomes a problem.

I'm sure its not air tight, and will happen to any I get.

otherwise, i'd assume I can get a warranty replacement down the line if needed.

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you can. Just not sure if you get a warranty replacement will fix the issue or get one that's actually worse than the one you have now.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I know. It sucks. But it's part of being a first batch buyer. I love my phone, but it's going back. Just too many little problems with it.

I can deal with all the little quirks that can be solved through a software update (most problems fall into this category), but I'm afraid of any hardware defects since I ordered mine off Ebay (meaning it may be more of a hassle to return/exchange). Too many people are reporting things like dust under the FFC or bricked devices after a factor reset.

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
After a week there is more dust above the camera. Took it to AT&T to exchange but they didn't have any in stock. Seems like it's not an isolated issue.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Admittedly, I cannot see it in the pic, but after looking at mine I noticed the dust as well. That coupled with the light leak I have in the bottom right, along with my phone having frozen a total of six times (once was a random reboot) I am thinking of getting a replacement. Question is, where? No place around me has them in stock. I certainly don't want to get stuck with a phone with faults if I go past my 14 days. Also would like to avoid paying the restocking fee. Decisions, decisions.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys.. I have dust in my front facing cam as well.. I keep my phone SUPER clean and clean it off every morning even...

ATT White model... How the heck does dust even get in there.???

QUESTION**

Is this a replaceable thing? like what i mean is.. if i go into the ATT Store will they give me grief trying to replace this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99