Free charger with off contract purchase?

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with AT&T and they didn't have anything to offer me but an option to return the device. I think it's pretty ridiculous that this whole event was handled so poorly.

He told me he was sure that a bunch of stuff was hidden from people...

Gotta love having a family plan with them for over a decade and not getting a free charger.

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine off-contract from AT&T directly as I was tired of waiting for Amazon Wireless and the free wireless charger was automatically included in my order.

Obviously I have received neither yet.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine off-contract from AT&T directly as I was tired of waiting for Amazon Wireless and the free wireless charger was automatically included in my order.

Obviously I have received neither yet.

Pretty typical, no one at AT&T knows whats going on.

Can you keep me posted with yours?

glenada

Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
I spoke with AT&T and they didn't have anything to offer me but an option to return the device. I think it's pretty ridiculous that this whole event was handled so poorly.

He told me he was sure that a bunch of stuff was hidden from people...

Gotta love having a family plan with them for over a decade and not getting a free charger.
I went to an AT&T store in my neighborhood to get the 920, but they did not offer the charger. Yesterday I went to exchange my phone for another color at another store and I wasn't offered the charger either.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in my local AT&T store yesterday and I'm not even an AT&T customer anymore. They told me if I bought the phone at full price they would still honor the free charger but would have to ship it as they didn't have any in store.

Didn't pull the trigger though - still waiting and watching, little disturbed by the number of issues that appear to be cropping up.

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a black Lumia 920 at a nearby AT&T store on Friday... at first they told me I wasn't eligible for the free wireless charger (for upgrades or new contracts only), so I pulled up the website, added one to my cart at no-commitment pricing and lo & behold, the charger was offered to me there.

Once they saw that, they changed their tune. They didn't have any in stock, but ordered me one for home delivery and it showed up today (Tuesday). So, it is possible to get one...

JRB

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a black Lumia 920 at a nearby AT&T store on Friday... at first they told me I wasn't eligible for the free wireless charger (for upgrades or new contracts only), so I pulled up the website, added one to my cart at no-commitment pricing and lo & behold, the charger was offered to me there.

Once they saw that, they changed their tune. They didn't have any in stock, but ordered me one for home delivery and it showed up today (Tuesday). So, it is possible to get one...

JRB

Interesting. Thanks for the info. It's always so inconsistent with them.

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally bought no commitment phone through ATT.com with a "plan" and cancelled the plan immediately after the phone shipped.

Received a free charger with my phone (two different boxes)

:) :) :)

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just went through the purchase process, and if you do it through AT&T NON PREMIER then you get credited the 49, if you do it through Premier, you don't.

As usual, premier is awful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon