Reverse tethering?

victorious05

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I work in the basement of a building where the cell phone reception is horrendous. Is there such a thing as reverse tethering? I recall seeing something about androids being able to do this. There's no wifi either.
Is there a way of connecting via usb to my work computer and setting up a network I can use to use my Lumia at work? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Pwniferous

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My cell phone is an old 2006 Blackjack, and it can reverse tether using USB, which was surprising to me. I literally just plug it in, launch the program on my laptop that allows communication (ActiveSync for me), and my phone can surf the web. Windows computers are good about internet sharing with Windows phones. I don't know if your phone is already set up to work with your computer, but if it isn't, it should tell you what program is required during setup.
Edit: I just looked up your phone, and it looks like a rather new device. It won't run on ActiveSync if it is that new. It may run on Windows Mobile Device Center, but it most likely requires the Zune Software program (for Windows 7 phones). If it is very new, then it will require the Windows Phone App (for Windows 8 phones), which is for your phone, not the computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion