iMessage Issue

anon(5367510)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my Lumia 920 a day ago and so far I love the OS and the phone itself. Was an iPhone user since it's launch and decided it was time to try something new and exciting. The biggest issue I am having at the moment is with friends/contact who own iPhones and whom I used iMessage with. I can send them text messages from my Lumia but when they reply, it only appears on my iOS devices (iPhone,iPad). I have no issues whatsoever with any Android users so it seems to be some iMessage issue.

Anyone experiencing this and If so, any fixes?

Thanks

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
happens to me as well, I just put my iphone in airplane mode. when its connected to wifi though the imessages start again. just leave it in airplane mode

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This was happening to me too. I turned iMessage off on my iphone. I tested it with a friend and on his phone it didn't say "delivered" after I had turned it off. After a few minutes the texts he had sent to me, initially through imessage, came through on my 920.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
same here. couldn't you just resintall iOS without the SIM card so it doesn't have all that information on the device. I'm gonna do that now cuz everyone I know has an Iphone and I get messages on my 5 and not my 920.

lucatello13

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's because your iMessage is linked to your Apple ID rather than your phone number. The settings for this can be changed under messages I believe

Fyr

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody have a way to do this when the iPhone is dead?
I tried deleting the phone from my apple account, but that didn't help.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Put sim back in iphone, disable sending imessages with phone number, only email address then turn off imessages in settings. Restart phone. Take sim out.

Then do this:

1. Tell them to go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
  2. Log in with their Apple ID.
  3. Click on ?edit products?
  4. Click on the ?x? to the right of the product.
  5. Click ?unregister?

Worked for me!
I still use imessages on my laptop to occasionally send messages to friends who have ipads/iphones. Just make sure to never let imessages authorise your phone number. Only log on with your email on other devices and remove your phone number :)

I figured this would happened so i started this process about a week before i got my lumia lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12